First off, I'm running the .151/167/5.0 hybrid on my 9530. I installed the new OS yesterday but this problem has been going on for about 2 weeks now so I don't think it's the OS.

Annnyway...Is it a common problem that my phone WILL NOT charge on a Blackberry charger? I was staying at a buddies house one night and forgot my wall charger. He has an LG Dare which uses the same type charger. I used his and I think after that it WILL NOT charge on ANY of my Blackberry chargers (OG Blackberry wall charger, Verizon brand car charger, OG USB cord hooked to the computer, etc.). None of these options work. Any ideas as to why or what I can do to fix the problem? I don't have a warranty on the phone because I bought it off Craigslist about 4 months ago.

HALP!!
    09-12-09 10:42 AM
    You could try this...it's worked for some:

I found this post from someone else...

Take the battery out of the phone, plug the wall charger into the Storm then into the wall. After a minute or so, you should get a battery icon indicating the battery is missing. Once you see that icon, place the battery back in while the charger is still plugged into the phone and plugged into the wall. It should start charging, then put the back back on.
    09-12-09 11:07 AM
    Okay. I tried that. I think the charger port on the phone is messed up. I let it sit for 10 mins and nothing ever popped up. With the BB brand charger plugged in, it doesn't even acknowledge that it is plugged up. With it plugged into the charger port, I took my finger and gave it slight pressure downward on the male end of the charger and the status LED came on. Removed my finger and the status LED turned off. Bad charger port? What can I do to get this fixed? Manufacturer's warranty cover this?
    09-12-09 11:32 AM
    Plug it into a computer without the battery on and see if the battery icon comes up!
    09-12-09 11:38 AM
    Do me a favor and power down your phone and plug it in. See if it charges then. That's how mine is and want to see if anyone else has the same problem. Mine won't charge when on but has no problem when off. If that doesn't work I bet you just have a faulty port and are in need of a replacement.
    09-12-09 01:39 PM
    I don't have a Storm but my Curve charging port got messed up...the repair guy said most likely from using a messed up charger that bent the pins inside...I just had it fixed last week...$40 for a new charging port so that wasn't too bad....and i had my BB back in 1 hr.
    I was also given advice at the time to use a charging 'dock' versus the port before i got it fixed.
    Last edited by wendyb5724; 09-12-09 at 01:58 PM.
    09-12-09 01:56 PM
    You could try this...it's worked for some:

I found this post from someone else...

Take the battery out of the phone, plug the wall charger into the Storm then into the wall. After a minute or so, you should get a battery icon indicating the battery is missing. Once you see that icon, place the battery back in while the charger is still plugged into the phone and plugged into the wall. It should start charging, then put the back back on.
    Thanks this worked for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 05:53 PM
    Thanks this worked for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Always glad to help.
    09-12-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD