Hello,

I've made some comments about this in the past on other threads... but today does it for me. I am 99% convinced there is a huge problem w/ the storm and its sleep mode when you stick it into a magnetic case. I have ran.. 75, .83, .85, .90, and now .99... I didn't notice it until .90, but now on .99.. i've had it for about 24 hours or so.. maybe more.. things running smooth, I go out today.. I stick it in the case during a bb im chat, pull it out.. works fine.. 1-2 more times of this, and i hear the "ding" new bbm sound.. I pull it out, I see the message.. but im unable to type or move.. I wait 5 min randomly trying to see if it was just lagging.. nothing.. can't respond or get any key to respond.. I do a batt pull.

Now.. I've had this happen WAY too many times when pulling it from the case for it not to be an issue.. believe me or not, if you are having problems with crashing and you use the case.. try without it for a bit.. not saying this will fix all your problems, but it should lessen your crashes.
    02-02-09 01:21 PM
    There are known issues in the BBMessenger app. I've used my case since I got the phone nearly and its not causing anything but longer battery life.
    02-02-09 01:23 PM
    Wow....you couldn't have put things better jmarcelletti.....this happens to me ALL the time....Prob the reason for 8 out of the ~10 battery pulls yesterday lol....

this really pisses me off...I love using the bb cases, but if this keeps up I might go back to that worthless silicone thing lol
    02-02-09 01:26 PM
    Right now im going commando .. I'm pretty sure they will fix this.. but It's just not worth using the case.. if the batt pull process took all of 15-30s.. maybe.. but this is too much.. BB messenger may have problems but the exact same thing happens when I get e-mails too.. so it's not the app causing it... that was just my latest "adventure"

Just a warning for people who are blaming "crappy os's" for crashing.. they may be right.. but it also just may be this case crap. Hope it helps.

There are known issues in the BBMessenger app. I've used my case since I got the phone nearly and its not causing anything but longer battery life.
    That's interesting.. but we've seen all these storms act differently for everyone.. My friend also has this case and noticed same problem.. as well as another user in this thread.. so.. maybe it's situational? Maybe there's something else we have on our phones that is triggering it? I can't be sure.. But to me it's simple.. I use case, I crash.. I don't use case.. I crash alot less. It's noticable for me.
    Last edited by jmarcelletti; 02-02-09 at 01:41 PM.
    02-02-09 01:38 PM
    I have the BB Sleep Holster and use BB Messenger all the time. I haven't had any problems with it. My wife and I were BB messaging each other all day yesterday while the Superbowl was on and during the times that we didn't sned messages my phone was in the sleep holster. I was getting incoming messages and were able to answer each and every message that was received and sent. I only did one batter pull after the update Saturday night and so far everything has been running pretty smooth for me.
    02-02-09 05:28 PM
    It seems like the BBM issue happens only when you are still in BBM and put the phone into the holster. It may seem like an inconvenience, but everytime I'm done talking, I just go to the home screen and then holster. Haven't had any lock ups.

As per the emails, that's odd. Emails are working fine for me. Stinks that these problems aren't the same for everyone. This is probably the reason why it is taking so long to release an official update. If ALL the devices had the same exact symptoms, I'm sure we would have had an official release by now. Problem is, they probably have to test this out on so many different batch production Storms.
    02-02-09 05:37 PM
    I have felt also that something was up with the sleep mode. Mine just rebooted after pulling it out of the holster while listening to a podcast. Using .99 right now too but a high majority of my reboots through the different OS versions have been right when I pulled it out of the case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 05:45 PM
    Hello,

I've made some comments about this in the past on other threads... but today does it for me. I am 99% convinced there is a huge problem w/ the storm and its sleep mode when you stick it into a magnetic case. I have ran.. 75, .83, .85, .90, and now .99... I didn't notice it until .90, but now on .99.. i've had it for about 24 hours or so.. maybe more.. things running smooth, I go out today.. I stick it in the case during a bb im chat, pull it out.. works fine.. 1-2 more times of this, and i hear the "ding" new bbm sound.. I pull it out, I see the message.. but im unable to type or move.. I wait 5 min randomly trying to see if it was just lagging.. nothing.. can't respond or get any key to respond.. I do a batt pull.

Now.. I've had this happen WAY too many times when pulling it from the case for it not to be an issue.. believe me or not, if you are having problems with crashing and you use the case.. try without it for a bit.. not saying this will fix all your problems, but it should lessen your crashes.
    I am using an OEM Blackberry case and have NEVER had this problem. I can say that I do not use Blackberry Messenger and always removed it so there may be a connection there? Anyway, I just wanted to clarify that I have been using an OEM case since day one and have never experienced this problem and I started with .65 and have installed every leak since ...all the way to .99. I am not suggesting it isnt happening but just wanted to show that it doesnt appear to be a consistant issue (luckily for me).

I hope someone finds the source of the problem for you guys.
    Last edited by lvumlow; 02-02-09 at 07:14 PM.
    02-02-09 07:06 PM
    The e-mail lock ups for me were on .90 .. the bbm was .99.. I am using the oem case as well.. I think... it's basically the leather case w/ no flip lid (i had that one originally).. this is like the one for the curve.. but a little different.

I agree.. everyone is having diff problems and it sucks, I just noticed that 2 people I know (well, me and somebody) are both having issues w/ the case.. and I figure if its both of us, it has to be 'some' others as well.

Thanks for the tip on the bbm > home screen to avoid crashing, but i'll just live w/o the case for a while.. I hate battery pulls.. esp under the conditions like.. got a new message .. read it.. want to reply..but no.. crashed! that's different then the "oh i just charged it and its a new day, it crashed, let me restart it and go to work" type crash..
    02-02-09 07:16 PM
    I'd like to make a little update here.. I noticed that I have the option to do memory cleaning when holstered.. I wonder if this is what is causing the problem..

for all those who have case problems.. this is located under:

Options > Security Options > Memory Cleaning.
    02-02-09 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD