07-24-09 07:43 PM
52 123
tools
    so the magnet is the one putting the phone to sleep or is it the proximity sensor on the phone? how does it work?
    07-27-08 06:39 PM
    so the magnet is the one putting the phone to sleep or is it the proximity sensor on the phone? how does it work?
    They work together. As the proximity sensor (in the BB) gets closer to the magnet (in the case) it'll cause the BB to go to sleep.
    07-27-08 06:46 PM
    where's the proximity sensor in the BB? i have the curve 8330. and wheres the magnet in the oem sleeve. i cant seem to find it
    07-27-08 06:51 PM
    where's the proximity sensor in the BB? i have the curve 8330. and wheres the magnet in the oem sleeve. i cant seem to find it
    I do not have a schematic of the Curve and the magnet is in the front/back sewn into sleeve. Squeeze it and watch the shape change. They're very thin, but you'll see it.
    07-27-08 06:55 PM
    Well it has to be a specific strength magnet to a certain degree because I tried to mod an existing case to accomodate the Curve but was unable to find a magnet strong enough to activate the proximity sensor and if you start playing around with magnets that are to intense you can start wiping memory.

Yeah I liked the one for the Pearl also. The OEM sleeve on th Curve makes it ginormous! The way the sides are sewn on the outside adds a lot of bulk. And when the Curve is in the OEM sleeve you can't charge, plug in a headset ,control the volume etc. I used it for a couple of weeks until I broke down and ordered the one discussed in this thread. Much better solution and far more my "style"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 07:04 PM
    the oem sleeve is ugly and smells like my balls
    07-27-08 07:09 PM
    ^ U might wanna keep that to Urself!

07-27-08 07:21 PM
    The Blackberry holster is another great product to get for all BB adicts. It saves battery power by knowing when it goes in and out of the holster.

07-27-08 09:09 PM
    I really want the BB holster but almost every review I read, someone says that they have had their clip break.

07-27-08 09:18 PM
    Anything can break a holster. With so many holsters and cases to choose from, why only have one?
    07-27-08 09:22 PM
    Yeah it does not seem as if the clip is going to last very long. But what do you do? When mine breaks I will make a new one and as long at the phone does not get hurt we it breaks then its not that big of a deal.
    I paid less than $8 for mine so its not that big of a deal. If you paid $30 bucks for one then it would be another story. But at the same time if you go to a local cell store and pay $30 bucks for one they will tell you it comes with a lifetime replacement if it ever breaks. Just take the case and receipt into the store and they give you a new on right then and there.

07-27-08 09:27 PM
    If you have the oem slip pouch just hold your phone ontop of it and gently press it down, you can see it go to sleep. Fun to do if your bored and/or curious.

07-27-08 11:00 PM
    The magnet will deactivate hotel room keys - know this from experience.
    Not sure about cc / debit cards, and not willing to try for the sake of finding out.
    07-27-08 11:54 PM
    Cix, I'm going to remember that when I'm bored. TxL, I feel U on the cc/debit; not willing to find out.

07-28-08 04:09 AM
    Nothing worse than going out to a movie or dinner and having your debit/credit card rejected for some reason other than lack of funds, sure makes ya look like a jackass hah.

07-28-08 04:26 AM
    And its alwas some nosey as watching as Ur card is returned. Its automatically assumed U didn't have the funds. Ppl don't really care abt y the card failed; just that it failed!

07-28-08 04:31 AM
    For about 2 months the credit union I do my banking through was doing major system upgrades of all their stuff and I kind of got over the embarrass ment after about the 20th time it got declined, started to carry a little cash around with me as well.

07-28-08 04:44 AM
    20 x's? WoW! I'm not sure I could have gone that long.

07-28-08 04:47 AM
    I have never had a problem wit the magnetic clip...I would just recommend always buying the ACTUAL BB brand holster...
    07-28-08 06:43 AM
    It also makes your battery last longer after a charge. You still get all your calls and messages just as quick as before.

07-28-08 07:00 AM
    Proximity sensor. I do not believe the magnets are of a specific strength. I have a case that I didnt know had a magnet in it. I bought it a year ago for my Mogul; long before I thought of switching to BB. Just recently I used that case because other than the OEM sleeve, I didnt have a case for the Curve; plenty for the Pearl.

If I'm not mistaken, Sprint Moguls dont have proximity sensors, so I just lucked up on an awesome case.

Anyway, I slipped the Curve in the case and it went into sleep. I took it out, reinserted, just to make sure it just wasnt timing out to my dim setting and sure enough....there's a magnet.
    ScandaLeX and GrandMasterB-As a new lover of my BB Curve, I also have the BB case w/the nifty magnets and trackball groves-the one mentioned in the first post. Little did I know. Thank you guys for the information!!!
    07-28-08 07:34 AM
    My first pearl leather holster was a wireless axxis (I think that was the brand) knock of the bb case. It did have a sleeper magnet which was cool but did NOT have the grooves for the trackball. So every time you put the Pearl in or out it makes a zzziiippp sound as the trackball rolls against the case. I started having problems with my trackball in no time flat.

So now having the grooves in all future cases is a must for the sake of my berry.

07-28-08 08:09 AM
    ScandaLeX and GrandMasterB-As a new lover of my BB Curve, I also have the BB case w/the nifty magnets and trackball groves-the one mentioned in the first post. Little did I know. Thank you guys for the information!!!
    Kingyo, Glad your happy with it.
    I wonder if anyone knows that you can buy these cases at your local Best Buy. They've been selling them for a long time.
    07-28-08 08:44 AM
    Kingyo, Glad your happy with it.
    I wonder if anyone knows that you can buy these cases at your local Best Buy. They've been selling them for a long time.
    HAHAHAHA! How ironic that you would mention that ScandaleX! I have a second job there-which is where I purchased it. Nice discount I might add
    07-28-08 09:43 AM
    My clip broke after the 4th day, I took it back to my CB store and they replaced it. I have been more careful with it ever since, have had no problems.
    07-28-08 10:12 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD