07-24-09 07:43 PM
52 123
tools
    does the magnet on blackberry curve holsters damage the blackberry? can the magnet mess up the screen?

http://www.blackberryforthecpa.com/s...wn_Leather.gif
    07-27-08 03:44 PM
    i know the magnet iis pressed rite against the screen. can it mess it up?
    07-27-08 03:49 PM
    No they are designed so that it will not damage the screen...I am planning on getting this holster ASAP. Anyone have an opinion on it? I read that the clip breaks easily which brought me to considering the version without the clip that is simply the pouch.
    07-27-08 03:50 PM
    Ive had it for 2 months. the clip starts spinning a little looser over time but it still works...other than that, its great
    07-27-08 04:07 PM
    No they are designed so that it will not damage the screen...I am planning on getting this holster ASAP. Anyone have an opinion on it? I read that the clip breaks easily which brought me to considering the version without the clip that is simply the pouch.
    I've had the pouch for several weeks now and absolutely love it. The clip-on holster is not an option for me because I can't stand the geek look of anyone "wearing" their phone.
    07-27-08 04:16 PM
    thats the oem holster that I picked up off ebay for 15 bucks, which is much better than the 30 that they are asking for it at the at&t store. its not nad, kinda slim but to be honest I use the oem slipcase that came with the phone more than anything, its small, it protects the phone, puts it into sleep mode (which the oem holster you mentioned also does...and I can be covert and just slide it in my pocket.
    07-27-08 04:37 PM
    but does the magnet damage the screen? it's rite on top of the screen!! doesnt the magnet attract the metallic internal components or cause damage to the screen?
    07-27-08 05:43 PM
    No. The magnet in the holster does not damage the screen in any way. The holster is designed for the blackberry.
    07-27-08 05:44 PM
    nice holster, but i broke the clip pretty quick accidentally after about a week. the magnet feature is pretty tight however.
    07-27-08 05:48 PM
    I have that exact case for my Berry. It was $7.86 on Amazon. I have read that the clip is fragile and its not my first choice for a clip but it is a d*mn good case. It has the slepper magnet and a trackball groove on Both sides so you can turn it either way face in or face out.

It is OEM sold by BLackBerry for the curve , I doubt they would sell a product that would mess up your berry in any way. I have had NO problems with mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 05:54 PM
    are we all talking about THIS holster?

OEM rite?
    07-27-08 05:58 PM
    but does the magnet damage the screen? it's rite on top of the screen!! doesnt the magnet attract the metallic internal components or cause damage to the screen?
    Magnets are a BlackBerries friend! The magnets prevent your BB from waking due to key/button presses when not in use.
    07-27-08 05:59 PM

OEM rite?
    Yes, that is the OEM holster. It will not hurt your blackberry.
    07-27-08 06:02 PM
    I've had my oem holster for about a month without any problems. It's the best case to have if you are wearing more formal clothes. I'm also looking to ge a Golla pouch for traveling with friends

07-27-08 06:02 PM

OEM rite?
    Yes that is the one , well mine is black (that's says brown but looks black to me). I would have prefered a solid clip but you will get used to that one in no time.

07-27-08 06:05 PM
    Magnets are a BlackBerries friend! The magnets prevent your BB from waking due to key/button presses when not in use.
    what are you talking about... the magnets prevent it from waking?
    07-27-08 06:07 PM
    That is what the magnet is for. It puts your berry to sleep so the screen is not on and your not accidently pressing buttons while in the holster.

07-27-08 06:11 PM
    wow i did not know that. i thought the magnet just closes the top of the holster. how does that work?
    07-27-08 06:13 PM
    wow i did not know that. i thought the magnet just closes the top of the holster. how does that work?
    JB, Your BB has a proximity sensor; hence the magnet. When the BB is within range of the magnet, it will cause the BB to enter sleep thus preventing accidental key presses and kill/draining your battery.
    07-27-08 06:16 PM
    Don't know how it works exactly but the case has a specific strength mangnet concealed in the leather and when the BB is slid into the case the magnet triggers the BB to go to sleep. It just saves battery and prevents you from making unwanted calls.

All your notifications and incoming calls still work while its in the case. In fact to can set different profiles for how it acts when its in the case or out.

07-27-08 06:18 PM
    Not sure what berry you have but it should have come with that gay little OEM sleeve. That also has a sleeper magnet in it. Play around with it and see how it works. I love it.

07-27-08 06:23 PM
    Don't know how it works exactly but the case has a specific strength mangnet concealed in the leather and when the BB is slid into the case the magnet triggers the BB to go to sleep. It just saves battery and prevents you from making unwanted calls.

All your notifications and incoming calls still work while its in the case. In fact to can set different profiles for how it acts when its in the case or out.

Proximity sensor. I do not believe the magnets are of a specific strength. I have a case that I didnt know had a magnet in it. I bought it a year ago for my Mogul; long before I thought of switching to BB. Just recently I used that case because other than the OEM sleeve, I didnt have a case for the Curve; plenty for the Pearl.

If I'm not mistaken, Sprint Moguls dont have proximity sensors, so I just lucked up on an awesome case.

Anyway, I slipped the Curve in the case and it went into sleep. I took it out, reinserted, just to make sure it just wasnt timing out to my dim setting and sure enough....there's a magnet.
    07-27-08 06:28 PM
    Not sure what berry you have but it should have come with that gay little OEM sleeve. That also has a sleeper magnet in it. Play around with it and see how it works. I love it.

Grand B~ do you use that sleeve often. I find it adds bulk; either that or I just became accustomed to the smaller one for the Pearl; which I happened to love.
    07-27-08 06:29 PM
    wow i didnt know that magnet does that. now i understand the in holster out of hoslter voluke settings. so the oem sleeve has a magnet too?
    07-27-08 06:32 PM
    wow i didnt know that magnet does that. now i understand the in holster out of hoslter voluke settings. so the oem sleeve has a magnet too?
    If it's the one that came with your device, yes it does. Also, when you're in the market for a new case, always look for them to have the sleeper magnet; dont assume that they do because they say they're for BB.
    07-27-08 06:33 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD