I was just watching the review for the Palm Pre and saw that it had somthing called the touch stone, a battery door and charging dock that magnetically charges your phone. Do you think Blackberry will every come out with somthing like this or are the rights only with Palm ???

And also do you think that they could come out with somthing like that for the Storm even though the Storm has been made and released, I would love to have one for mine I think it interesting.

- Its about 1:03 into the video.
    06-04-09 02:10 PM
    Last year at one of their conference meetings (or maybe early this year)
    One booth had a demo of something similar to the Pre's charging stone.

It is out there, I don't think it's public yet but I do remember seeing something of the sort. Power Mat or something of the sort
    06-04-09 02:15 PM
    Haha i'm still trying to figure out how that magnetic thing charges wirelessly. Ahhh secret alien tech >.< Anyone wanna tell me how it works? :O I'm sure it has to be more then just the battery door. its not like it sends charges to the battery without touching the contacts :/
    06-04-09 02:17 PM
    Last year at one of their conference meetings (or maybe early this year)
    One booth had a demo of something similar to the Pre's charging stone.

It is out there, I don't think it's public yet but I do remember seeing something of the sort. Power Mat or something of the sort
    Checked out the power mat website it looks pretty good and from what I can see it looks like Blackberry is compatable with the product Now all we do is wait for it to be released in fall 2009 I cant wait.

Powermat USA | The future of wireless power has arrived
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 06-04-09 at 02:23 PM.
    06-04-09 02:21 PM
    There are numerous power bars that charge magnetically with an added adapter on your battery door. These tnings are pricey though. Small 2 to 4 charbr bars can go for 99 dollars

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 02:23 PM
    Checked out the power mat website it looks pretty good and from what I can see it looks like Blackberry is compatable with the product Now all we do is wait for it to be released in fall 2009 I cant wait.

Powermat USA | The future of wireless power has arrived
    Ah, Great. I remember the product but totally guessed on it's name. I hit it on the head! +1 For luck! haha
    06-04-09 02:27 PM
    Haha i'm still trying to figure out how that magnetic thing charges wirelessly. Ahhh secret alien tech >.< Anyone wanna tell me how it works? :O I'm sure it has to be more then just the battery door. its not like it sends charges to the battery without touching the contacts :/

Induction chargers typically use an induction coil to create an alternating electromagnetic field from within a charging base station, and a second induction coil in the portable device takes power from the electromagnetic field and converts it back into electrical current to charge the battery. The two induction coils in proximity combine to form an electrical transformer...

want to know more? Inductive charging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    06-04-09 02:30 PM
    Induction chargers typically use an induction coil to create an alternating electromagnetic field from within a charging base station, and a second induction coil in the portable device takes power from the electromagnetic field and converts it back into electrical current to charge the battery. The two induction coils in proximity combine to form an electrical transformer...

Sir, I ask you to please stop spreading this nonsense. Its done with elves and faire dust.
    06-04-09 04:27 PM
    Also can we have tabs in the browser like every other phone please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 04:43 PM

That is 100% correct. I do believe that Mac used to have some of these too.

If you wanted to, you could likely design one for the Storm... hard part would be making it look "good" It would have to stick out some and then just simply supply the required Voltage to the phone through its already existing micro USB. Again, the hard part would be how ugly it would be popping out from the side of the phone. but possible!
    06-04-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD