I recently purchased a Seido leather case, but my 8830 won't go into sleep/standby mode when I drop it in the case like it did in my now destroyed BB holster.

After digging around in various forums, it seems like I can just stick a magnet in the case somewhere to get the same effect. Has anyone had any luck with this approach?

I was planning on putting a magnet in the "business card" holder, but I don't know how big/strong the magnet should be or if that placement would even work. I guess I was hoping the magnets in the flap would be strong enough, but they certainly don't get the job done.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    09-06-07 09:32 AM
    Had the exact same problem with a case from Verizon that was posted in this thread.

Ended up buying a case from Blackberry. They must make their magnets from unobtanium or something....

09-06-07 11:21 AM
    I have already busted two BB holster belt clips...
    I am trying to avoid buying another one of those, given that their half-life when strapped to me is about 4 days.
    09-06-07 12:09 PM
    try holding a magnet over the keyboard in different spots. thats where the trigger is. if you can find and activate the sleep function you should be able to attach the magnet to the leather case somehow...
    09-06-07 02:04 PM