I have a lower case "uma" in the top right hand corner of my Bold 9700. I understand a lower case "uma" means I have limited connectivity or that I am not connected properly or something?

My internet browser, BB Messenger and Facebook App is now not working and I think the lower case "uma" might have something to do with it. It was working fine the other day, super fast and stuff so how can I fix this?

Would really appreciate it

Thanks!

(p.s sorry i'm a newbie that's why i have all these questions)
    01-11-10 01:47 PM
    As the immortal Aristile used to say, search is your friend.

Theres no way to 'fix' this, it could be your signal or any # of things.

Try a battery pull to start.

Does it happen in one place or all the time?
    Last edited by lazerus; 01-11-10 at 01:58 PM.
    01-11-10 01:52 PM
    UPPER CASE = CONNECTED
    lower case = not connected

EDGE /= edge
    EDGE > edge
    EDGE is good
    edge is bad

Here's a partial breakdown of what you can generally do under some of the different coverage indicators:

EDGE: Can use the phone, send and receive email, PINs, SMS texts, and MMS messages, and use the browser with a high-speed data connection.

GPRS: Can use the phone, send and receive emails, PINs, SMS texts, and MMS messages, and use the browser.

edge/gprs/GSM: Can use the phone, send and receive SMS texts and MMS messages.

SOS: Only emergency calls (dialing '112' will connect you to any existing carrier coverage to complete the call if you're outside your own carrier's coverage area).
    01-11-10 01:53 PM
    i'm on my services statuses and it says i am connected with a uma in capital letters in brackets like (UMA) but under mobile network it just says uma
    01-11-10 01:57 PM
    Your best bet is to turn off Wi-Fi until you can find a strong enough signal to handle what you need. All UMA (uma) means is that your phone is bypassing your mobile network and giving you service via wireless internet. You should be able to disconnect it and be right back on Orange's network.
    01-11-10 02:34 PM
    A battery pull fixed mine...
    01-11-10 05:36 PM
    Check out this thread to know what each coverage level means; http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/und...ma-etc-255167/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD