for some reason, ever since i upgraded to 4.5 OS the edge has been lower case and ive read alot of post and people say do a battery pull or that there isnt that much single strength but i have another blackberry that has a higher case EDGE when next to my phone
    12-11-08 09:11 PM
    From what I understand, edge is the regular edge network and EDGE is the Blackberry edge network. Have you tried resending your service books to re-register on the BB network?

Just a thought. Good luck.
    12-11-08 09:41 PM
    ^^what they said... When I signed up for BIS mine went from lowecase to all caps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 12:18 AM
    I have the same problem...I have a lower case edge...I think something to do with on how they unlock my BOLD. It screws up my phone and unable to receive data...

Need help?
    12-12-08 03:26 PM
    lowercase edge means that the phone can detect the network. EDGE means that it is logged into it.

If you are seeing egde, then you need to check with your carrier as to what is hapenning. EDGE should apear if you have a valid and working data plan.

You may need to check your APN setting so got to Options, Advanced Options, TCP and set the fileds to those required by your carrier.

Here is a link that will give you your APN settings WebMessenger Inc. APN settings
    12-12-08 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD