Well at last the stock of the RIM 9000/Bold rotating belt clip leather case/holster has come in, its taken ages for it to reach the UK and we have sold a few already, but I must say I have tried all kinds of case for my Bold and there has been one cheap chinese one that I have been using for the last month and its been fine, but I took one of the above mentioned genuine RIM cases out of stock yesterday and all I can say is WOW !! love it. Quality is awesome, its easy to get in and out, has the proximity sensor so no more locking before I holster it, there is a new magnetic closure system on these which is better than the other RIM cases I have had, the leather is strong but supple, and the low profile belt clip is unobtrusive and so easy to remove from your belt. Since I swapped from my 8120 Pearl, for which I had everything, case, power station, car charger etc etc, I found it awkward with the Bold at first, but I now have the Bold charging pod and a decent leather case for my belt, I am feeling more settled with the Bold.

I give this case 10/10 for sure.

Cheers all

Lee
    10-29-08 06:14 AM
    This RIM case you mentioned is different from what comes with the device?

Post pics? Part number?
    10-29-08 06:40 AM
    I am not sure which case you got with your Bold, but mine didnt have a belt clip !!! Just the slip in case.
    This one is the genuine RIM Holster for the Bold, with swivel belt clip and proximity switching.
    I will take a photo of the case tomorrow when I am back in my shop, and then post it up here.

Regards all

Lee
    10-29-08 06:50 PM
    Today I bought the blackberry OEM horizontal case. Should have it friday It looks cool!
    10-29-08 06:57 PM
    I am not sure which case you got with your Bold, but mine didnt have a belt clip !!! Just the slip in case.
    This one is the genuine RIM Holster for the Bold, with swivel belt clip and proximity switching.
    I will take a photo of the case tomorrow when I am back in my shop, and then post it up here.

Regards all

Lee
    OK, thanks!
    10-29-08 08:49 PM
    My Bold is on the way. Would love to see a pic of the case. What's the part/model for the case? Is it sold here?
    10-29-08 09:05 PM
    IMHO that RIM case sucks. No offense, but it's the worst belt case I have ever dealt with. If I am right, this is the stock holster that comes with Rogers and (it appears), AT&T units.

The massive leather closure is floppy and gets in the way. The case is constructed so it's practically guaranteed you're going to hit one or both of the side buttons upon holstering and/or removal. The OP is right that it is made of nice leather.

I purchased a slim horizontal case at BB which I love. It's manufactured by DLO, and is almost identical to their iPhone leather holsters, just a bit bigger. When wearing it, the case and phone feel about half the size of that RIM monstrosity.

Seriously, no offense to the OP; he's got a right to his opinion and I just happen to disagree. If anyone wants mine when it arrives on Friday, drop me a PM or email and I'll certainly give it to you below retail.

As soon as it does arrive, my new ATT Bold is going into an OtterBox anyway. That will probably be its residence for 90% of its life. Oh, and don't even try to compare the RIM holster against the looks of an OB; I know well what I'm getting into, and they're different ballparks. Whee!

Everybody enjoy their Bold accessorizing, whatever you choose!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 05:13 AM
    This is the case I got delivered this morning.
    10-30-08 06:49 AM
    That looks really cool marc...neat slim clip are back, a lot of cases have huge clips tat make the case look bulky, that one looks really slim.
    10-30-08 08:06 AM
    This is the case I got delivered this morning.
    That is the holster that came with my Rogers Bold.
    10-30-08 08:27 AM
    You lucky so-and-so ;-)

I think they've only just come into stock in the UK, I've been waiting patiently for one.
    10-30-08 09:16 AM
    nice
    thanks for sharing
    10-30-08 10:34 AM
    This is the case I bought. Looks cool.
    10-30-08 11:28 AM
    My favorite is the holster that was just put out by Seidio.
    10-30-08 01:31 PM
    i got this same case with my bold and i hate it ... its so BIG ... i like the 8800 cases .... nice and thin ... might switch to that case if the bold fits in it...
    10-30-08 05:01 PM
    It should be slightly different. The ones with the Rogers Bold is "Koskin", and everything is black (from the material to the thread). The one I see in stores is leather, but it's got a lighter coloured stitching, and it can only fit the Bold without any skins.

On Shopblackberry.com, there's a more pricier version of it with (supposedly) better leather. It's retailing for about/over $100 CDN.
    10-30-08 07:25 PM
    This is the case I bought. Looks cool.

That's definitely the one I'm getting, the Horizontal OEM from RIM... but when and where? I've had my eye on that one for a while but the availability date on the BB website keeps getting pushed.

Have you gotten yours? I haven't seen them available yet.

10-30-08 08:19 PM
    Hi All,
    Sorry for the delay, been out of town on an emergency, but the case I refer to is the one that is pictured in Mark.Flores post on page one, its a great case in my opinion but understand comment made by others that it doesnt suit some.
    I have been waiting for weeks for this case in the UK and many of my customers who bought Bolds from us were desperate for this case, as here in the UK we got our Bolds supplied with that horrible little slip in case.
    The belt clip case is a far better option in my eyes.

I do have a few of these left in stock if any one want one BBM me or PM or email for details, oh and we are cheaperthan Expansys... lol

Regards All

Lee
    10-31-08 04:32 PM
    That's definitely the one I'm getting, the Horizontal OEM from RIM... but when and where? I've had my eye on that one for a while but the availability date on the BB website keeps getting pushed.

Have you gotten yours? I haven't seen them available yet.

yes im looking to get one of these as well, where did u purchase it? thanks
    11-04-08 09:29 PM
    yes im looking to get one of these as well, where did u purchase it? thanks
    Still waiting

So far I've seen various resellers saying they are waiting for stock (in the US, australia, the UK and Canada), including blackberry.com I think we can get better prices at places other than from RIM. Though I do want this real one. I've seen it from $35 to $50 (when available)
    11-05-08 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD