I bought the OEM case.... it sucks!
    It falls off the phone when I put it in my pocket. They made them too big I can literally just push it off with one finger.

Why is this? Did I just get a bad one?
    01-10-10 11:32 PM
    you sure you bought it for the 9700 and not the 9000 the 9000 is a bit bigger
    01-10-10 11:34 PM
    It falls off the phone when I put it in my pocket. They made them too big I can literally just push it off with one finger.

The gel cases are notoriously prone to get loose and sloppy as time goes by. You should look into the Epik cases for your BlackBerry. They are excellent and fit perfectly and do not get stretched out of shape.
    01-10-10 11:48 PM
    I say you got a bad one. I haven't got one for my 9700 yet, but I've had them for my 8900, 9000, 8310 & 8110 and never had problems with it coming off. They are a pain putting in/taking out of pockets. Are you positive its OEM? There are some good fakes out there that say Blackberry on them and everything.
    01-10-10 11:49 PM

yea, I had the same issue... over time it gets very loose and comes off when you put it in your pocket or move it around. I got an epik resin case from China.. there is also a guy on this site that sells them from the states, justin is his name...the OEM silicon case is horrible.. check these out

Epik Case Skin Blackberry Bold 9700 WITHOUT SP on eBay.ca (item 170429972780 end time 07-Feb-10 16:18:37 EST)
    01-11-10 12:01 AM
    You either purchased the wrong one or a defected one because I had an oem skin for my 8900 as well as my 9700 and both fit perfect and never fell off when I put it in my pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 12:07 AM
    I have an oem pink one for my 8320 and it fit perfectly. Got two for my 9700 and they are both crap. Too loose. Tried to give them away on one of my bbm groups and no one would take them. that's how bad they are.
    01-11-10 12:19 AM
    I have an oem pink one for my 8320 and it fit perfectly. Got two for my 9700 and they are both crap. Too loose. Tried to give them away on one of my bbm groups and no one would take them. that's how bad they are.
    yep... wayy too loose.. they're crap.
    01-11-10 12:20 AM
    yea, I had the same issue... over time it gets very loose and comes off when you put it in your pocket or move it around. I got an epik resin case from China.. there is also a guy on this site that sells them from the states, justin is his name...the OEM silicon case is horrible.. check these out

Epik Case Skin Blackberry Bold 9700 WITHOUT SP on eBay.ca (item 170429972780 end time 07-Feb-10 16:18:37 EST)
    When are they going to make these cases without the geometric patterns in the plastic? They're fantastic cases but I could live without the patterns.
    01-11-10 12:23 AM
    When are they going to make these cases without the geometric patterns in the plastic? They're fantastic cases but I could live without the patterns.
    Yea, im not a fan of the patterns either... but truthfully.. you can hardly see them when on the phone.. I can only speak for the 'smoked black' one, mind you.
    01-11-10 12:25 AM
    Yea, im not a fan of the patterns either... but truthfully.. you can hardly see them when on the phone.. I can only speak for the 'smoked black' one, mind you.
    do you have a pic of the case on your phone? front and back? thx
    01-11-10 12:35 AM
    I got one at a mall kiosk Friday. Mine is the smoked grey color and it has a sort of argyle pattern on the back. I agree with wordplay that you cannot even see it when its on the phone. I really do like the case a lot, huge improvement over the oem.
    01-11-10 12:35 AM
    do you have a pic of the case on your phone? front and back? thx
    unfortunatley I dont, and I am not able to get a picture at the moment... however, if you check out this thread, there are pictures of the case on the 9630, but you get the idea. page two specifically has pictures of the case on the phone.
    01-11-10 12:46 AM
    I bougth an oem skin aswell, and i didnt like it. Attracts a lot of dust, its loose, comes of too easily. So i ditched it and got myself a hard case. Bought the casemate smooth and i am soo happy with it. Not too bulky, just added a robust look and it protects very well
    Gl

01-11-10 10:14 AM
    It sucks because I love the design and feel of this case but it's really annoying.
    Is there any way to shrink this one?? haha a hairdryer maybe??

Either way, I don't want a hard-case I don't think... just something clean you know. Plus I like the fact that this one has the blackberry logo too.
    01-11-10 05:55 PM
    The OEM gel skins for the 9700 are indeed too loose. At first I was just annoyed by how flimsy the skin felt on the sides, but now I'm having the same problem others have mentioned where the skin slides off in ones pocket. It's very annoying, & I wish I would've gone the ebay right instead of pay $11 for it @ the mall .
    01-11-10 06:11 PM
    Is there any way to shrink this one?? haha a hairdryer maybe??
    Throw it in the dryer! I'm KIDDING! ;-)

01-11-10 08:13 PM
    Throw it in the dryer! I'm KIDDING! ;-)
    LOL! if only that'd work
    01-12-10 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD