i couldn't find the other thread that's why i made this one. anyway...

so my battery door is loose like others have posted. i've tried tape, that didn't work. i tried paper/business cards, that makes the bottom half more secure, but the top of the door is now sticking out more and when you push down in the corners there is a lot of play because it pushes in. the top clips can also be pulled out very easily on my door. i brought it to at&t and he said because it isn't broken he doesn't know if they can replace it, but told me to come back next week when his manager would be there. i'm wondering if it doesn't get replaced, if i used a silicone skin would i then not feel any play with the battery door because the skin would hold it more in tact and so on. looking for people with skins to let me know. thanks!
    12-06-08 07:48 PM
    anyone????
    12-07-08 08:28 PM
    I know you can get a replacement door but you shouldn't have to on an expense like that. It should be replaced. A skin would keep it tight.
    12-07-08 08:37 PM
    i couldn't find the other thread that's why i made this one. anyway...

so my battery door is loose like others have posted. i've tried tape, that didn't work. i tried paper/business cards, that makes the bottom half more secure, but the top of the door is now sticking out more and when you push down in the corners there is a lot of play because it pushes in. the top clips can also be pulled out very easily on my door. i brought it to at&t and he said because it isn't broken he doesn't know if they can replace it, but told me to come back next week when his manager would be there. i'm wondering if it doesn't get replaced, if i used a silicone skin would i then not feel any play with the battery door because the skin would hold it more in tact and so on. looking for people with skins to let me know. thanks!
    I had an unlocked Hungary made Bold I used a few strips of tape
    worked PERFECTLY
    I have since gont to an AT&T Branded Bold.. MADE in CANADA.. and the Battery Door is snug as a bug in a rug.. No squeak at all fits tight
    12-07-08 08:45 PM
    the silicone skin does help keep it tight, you can feel it move sometimes beneath it but you also know its secure behind the loose battery door.
    12-08-08 12:28 AM
    i have had my silicon case on since i bought it, and i use 'QuickPull" for my battery pull needs
    12-08-08 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD