Okay I'm looking for a leather flip case for my 8900. My silicon skin is getting all sticky and doesn't feel right in my hand anymore. It also has a tear in the corner and it's getting larger by the day.

I'd like a flip case that either flips up or down, doesn't matter...but I DON'T want the Sleeper function. I want my BB always on even when it's in and I don't want it to go to sleep...call me crazy but that's what I want.

Sooo...any advice? The only flip cases I see are ones with Sleeper function and I don't want that.
    04-05-09 09:57 PM
    I just don't understand why you don't want the sleeper function. It really has no downsides that I am aware of. You can even keep music playing while in sleep mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 10:46 PM
    Do some research and find a non-blackberry phone with the same dimensions and get a case for that phone. Maybe the nokia E71 or something similar.

04-05-09 11:13 PM
    I just don't understand why you don't want the sleeper function. It really has no downsides that I am aware of. You can even keep music playing while in sleep mode.

Well, I'm under the impression that the sleeper function is the same thing as the blackberry being "in holster" right? Like I won't get any audible alerts when it's in sleeper function?
    04-05-09 11:32 PM
    Yes the standby is the same as when the Blackberry is in the holster and you absolutely will get alerts when it is in standby mode.
    04-05-09 11:35 PM
    You can set audio alerts for in holster. You can even have different alerts when in holster, but you always get audio alerts if you set them.

04-05-09 11:35 PM
    Hi The cell phone shop has plain leather side cases with no magnet that fits the 8900 for under $10.

Leather Carrying Pouch Case For BlackBerry Curve 8900 - BlackBerry Curve 8900 Cases
    04-05-09 11:39 PM
    I want the alerts to be the same when it's in the case versus out of it. Is this possible?

Is there any other difference between sleeper function and normal mode? I also don't want a huge delay when I take it out of the flip case.
    04-05-09 11:42 PM
    Yes its possible I have all mine set exactly the same whether in or out.
    And there is virtually no delay, by the time its all the way out its already on.

04-05-09 11:44 PM
    You can modify your profiles to have all the same alerts if you like. There is no delay when coming out of standby mode.
    04-05-09 11:45 PM
    Hmm okay...thanks guys!

I guess I'll see if I can get a flip case somewhere. I love the Sena flip cases but they are too expensive.
    04-05-09 11:53 PM
    Tessco.com has plenty of cases.
    04-06-09 12:04 AM
    You can always cut out a piece of cardboard, fold it so it will flip along with some tape. Creativity my friends
    04-06-09 02:42 AM
    lol..... cardboard flip case!!

Yeah Artemis... just set your profiles that way..like this:

04-06-09 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD