The title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for a case for my girlfriends 8900 that is fairly indestructible. She's nothing short of a butterfingers and has gone through 4 cases in 3 months. Her fourth one bit the dust today and I'm a bit worried that the next drop could result in a broken phone.

She doesn't want anything with a holster, and she doesn't like bulky cases but frankly that doesn't matter because I know a smaller case isn't going to be indestructible, or close to it. So, a bulky case isn't a problem as long as there's no holster.
    07-12-10 01:05 PM
    I recommend signing her up for knitting, crochet, or sign language classes, because no case is indestructible. Remember that everything on Earth used to be hydrogen at one time. Or perhaps an undifferentiated mass of subatomic particles, collapsed into an infinitesimal point in spacetime.

Anyway, it's better to fix her hands than to persist in dropping the phones.
    07-12-10 01:38 PM
    Otterbox makes the most consumer friendly indestructible cases.
    07-12-10 01:39 PM
    I recommend signing her up for knitting, crochet, or sign language classes, because no case is indestructible. Remember that everything on Earth used to be hydrogen at one time. Or perhaps an undifferentiated mass of subatomic particles, collapsed into an infinitesimal point in spacetime.

Anyway, it's better to fix her hands than to persist in dropping the phones.
    Been there, done that. I've tried giving her grip trainers to help her but to no avail. I know no case is going to be completely indestructible, it just needs to be fairly close.
    07-12-10 01:40 PM
    I'd say Otterbox also. I've used there cases on 3 of my Blackberrys and they have saved me from a lot of close calls. One of the biggest accidents I had was when accidentally dropped my phone off a 2 story house. The Otterbox case didn't even come apart and my 8900 worked perfectly. The only downside to these cases is they are kinda bulky and since they can make a routine battery pull a bit difficult. But there is APPS for that. Good luck d

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 05:48 PM
    Thanks. Otterbox seems to be the most viable option. It's better to have a bulky case than to replace a case once a month for $30.
    07-12-10 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD