I had bought to Otterbox Commuter Case from AT&T for my Torch (pretty expensive too at 40 bucks) and it just wasn't working for me...

In any case I'm returning it, but I was wondering if anyone has used the BlackBerry sleeves (the ones you buy direct from them). They look good and I'm sure will be good quality but I'm wondering how convenient they are compared to a regular case?

So questions:
    Do you own a sleeve like this?
    Do you like it?
    If not, why?
    Any recommendations?

I have a screen protector on (just cut up one meant for an iPhone) so I'm more worried about drop protection than screen (although if it does both- bonus)

Thanks in advance for any help! And if this is a repeat thread, I apologize but I looked around and didn't see anything that asked specifically about the sleeves... If there is a such a thread, please point me in the right direction, thanks!
    11-28-10 12:56 PM
    My 9000 lived in an OEM leather pouch. Best idea ever for me as the phone is carried in my pants pocket. The same pouch should arrive for the Torch tomorrow. Highly recommended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 01:42 PM
    I have the OEM leather pocket pouch, been using this same style since back when I owned a pearl. Absolutly love it, couldn't ask for an easier and more convient way to carry your phone(some like the same case with a belt clip)in your pocket without all the added bulk or weight most cases give. Best of all it puts the device in standby mode saving your battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 01:56 PM
    Ok, thanks guys! I'm a girl, so my phone would be carried in a purse or sweatshirt/hoodie/coat etc. pocket, but it seems like a pocket pouch would work for that as well.
    11-28-10 03:27 PM
    Sam here +1 on the leather pocket pouch - no belt clip or anything just a nice looking pouch that protects it when not in use.

Newegg.com - BlackBerry HDW-31013-001 Black Leather Pocket For Torch 9800

As you can see it adds very little bulk to the phone - it's incredibly snug and form fitting.
    11-28-10 03:48 PM
    I like the Body Glove case, its a case and a stand for watching videos
    11-28-10 04:04 PM
    Ok, thanks guys! I'm a girl, so my phone would be carried in a purse or sweatshirt/hoodie/coat etc. pocket, but it seems like a pocket pouch would work for that as well.
    When my best friend had a BB she carried hers in a sleeve. I also have another friend who totally abuses her BBs and they always look like garbage. I plan on getting one myself. It's really the most logical thing IMO for someone that throws the phone in a purse or bag, yes a screen protector will always protect your screen but without anything else your keys, pens, make-up...whatever will still be rubbing up against the rest of the phone. I'm pretty good to my phones, my last one looks like it just came out of the box but since I'm making the jump to a smart phone, I have no problem investing in something that I know will give it that little extra protection.
    11-28-10 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD