I need to get a case for my S2. I am leaning towards the Otterbox commuter case but would want to find a BB slide in case for wearing on the belt. Would the commuter fit in any of the BB OEM cases. If not, then perhaps the innocase II.

By the way, does the commuter screen protection make typing on the keyboard more difficult, or using the bottom buttons?

Thanks
    03-03-10 09:49 PM
    Can't tell about holster, but mine commuter screen protector doesn't affect my typing at all, neither cause issues with bottom buttons.
    03-03-10 10:00 PM
    for what is worth, I use Case-Mate's barely there and an OEM 9530 Leather Holster and it works perfectly. The thckness in the otterbox's really limt you on holsters. i beleive the Otterbox Defender series cases come with a holster.
    03-03-10 10:02 PM
    Otterbox Defender does indeed include a holster, but due to the thickness of the case any vibration profile is useless; I've seen a few postings where using the Commuter with a Seidio holster works well but I can't back those up. I use the Defender for work and a Case-Mate Barely There with a Seidio spring clip holster when I'm not, fits a little odd but rides secure and I can feel it when I need it on vibrate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 11:53 PM
    I have the Commuter case and I use the Smartphone Experts extended fit horizontal leather case as seen here...

http://shop.crackberry.com/smartphone-experts-extended-fit-side-case/4A145A5457.htm

The case is very nicely made, the fit is perfect, and it has the sleeper magnet. If you are cool with horizontal cases I highly recommend it (some people don't like them, but for me there are the best). Oh yeah, it also has a nice belt clip that won't dig into your side.

Oh yeah, I didn't have any trouble with the screen protector that comes with the commuter. It's just a regular stick on job. I had to remove it though because I messed up the install and got a speck of dirt under it. Was driving me crazy!
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 03-04-10 at 12:12 AM. Reason: edit
    03-04-10 12:08 AM
    I have the Commuter case and I use the Smartphone Experts extended fit horizontal leather case as seen here...

http://shop.crackberry.com/smartphone-experts-extended-fit-side-case/4A145A5457.htm

The case is very nicely made, the fit is perfect, and it has the sleeper magnet. If you are cool with horizontal cases I highly recommend it (some people don't like them, but for me there are the best). Oh yeah, it also has a nice belt clip that won't dig into your side.

Oh yeah, I didn't have any trouble with the screen protector that comes with the commuter. It's just a regular stick on job. I had to remove it though because I messed up the install and got a speck of dirt under it. Was driving me crazy!
    Been rockin' this combo for a while now, OB Commuter with the verticle case. Works like a champ. Highly recommended.
    03-04-10 08:18 AM
    How about innocase 2 and sedios locking holster!
    03-04-10 01:31 PM
    I really like flip cases to hold the phone. My phone has always fell out of those locking holsters. The flip case has never caused the phone to drop.

..Nice profile pic BTW
    03-04-10 01:33 PM
    I ordered and just received the Innocase II and a Smartphone Experts Extended Fit Side Case for my BB Storm 2.

I'm loving the Innocase II. It's slim, yet adds a decent amount of protection. Provides great grip with it's non-slip material.

I ordered the Smartphone Experts Extended Fit Side Case (A5457) based on the claims that it would fit a BB Storm 2 with an extended battery, hard case or skin case.

Well, long story short, the BB Storm 2 with a Innocase II Surface case does not fit in the Smartphone Experts Extended Fit Side Case. The fit is way to tight and you can't get the phone out, very easily at least.

So the search goes on for a side case large enough to fit my BB Storm 2 with the Innocase II Surface.
    03-04-10 02:44 PM

So the search goes on for a side case large enough to fit my BB Storm 2 with the Innocase II Surface.

Please post back if you find it.
    03-04-10 03:11 PM
    I ordered and just received the Innocase II and a Smartphone Experts Extended Fit Side Case for my BB Storm 2.

I'm loving the Innocase II. It's slim, yet adds a decent amount of protection. Provides great grip with it's non-slip material.

I ordered the Smartphone Experts Extended Fit Side Case (A5457) based on the claims that it would fit a BB Storm 2 with an extended battery, hard case or skin case.

Well, long story short, the BB Storm 2 with a Innocase II Surface case does not fit in the Smartphone Experts Extended Fit Side Case. The fit is way to tight and you can't get the phone out, very easily at least.

The Innocase II is thinner than the Otter Box Commuter case. With the Commuter case my Storm2 fits great in the SPE extended holster and slides in and out with little effort. The Seidio should be a loose fit. Are you sure they sent you the correct side case? The SPE comes in a regular fit and an extended fit.
    03-04-10 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD