Is there a way to lock the phone without the holster.
    I have a Curve 8310 -- originally bought in India through Vodafone.

Is standby the only way?
    07-31-09 10:22 PM
    to lock the keypad just press 'k'. well you have to turn off the dialing from the home screen first.
    07-31-09 10:27 PM
    Or alt + ent but you first have to turn off the input language shortcut under options>language>input language shortcut= NO
    07-31-09 10:44 PM
    It opens up the phonebook. Is there another method?
    07-31-09 10:47 PM
    Alt enter does not work either (i turned the shortcut off)
    07-31-09 10:50 PM
    There's an app called AutoLock in the free apps section that will fix you right up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 11:47 PM
    Yeah, I use the autolock app. It works great. Just go to CB app store and search the app store for autolock. There a few pay ones as well but I found the free one works for just a basic keypad locker.

07-31-09 11:51 PM
    Two ways to lock the Curve with a holster and both are functions of your device as standard.

1. Disable keypad dialing and then when you hold down the * button will lock the device.

2. Blackberry devices have a lock icon already on your home screen, if you don't see it, it is probably hiddened. Once you locate the lock icon, just click and then your device is locked.

Yeah, I use the autolock app. It works great. Just go to CB app store and search the app store for autolock. There a few pay ones as well but I found the free one works for just a basic keypad locker.

08-01-09 12:22 AM
    There's other ways.

I changed my side key to lock.

You can hold the Mute button to put your phone into standby (in which case you need to press the mute button to turn it back on.

or you can (iirc) change your security timeout
    08-01-09 12:29 AM
    Enable your bb shortcut then you can lock your keyboard by pressing A or K
    08-01-09 12:46 AM
    I programmed the left convenience key to lock. It makes it very convenient to lock and throw in your pocket.

08-01-09 02:40 AM
    isnt there a way to make the convenience keys do more than just one thing? I want zonasnap and the lock to be the left, any chance of that?
    08-06-09 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD