Am I the only one that is annoyed with the location of the charger outlet? The Tour is difficult to use while your charging bc of it's location. It gets in the way. This is my only complaint so far though.
    07-30-09 08:19 PM
    same here but its not a big enough complain to make me not want the phone lulz
    07-30-09 08:23 PM
    I think a solution might be to design a different type of charger. For example, instead of just sticking out of the side, after it plugs in it will take a 90 degree turn down and curve around to the bottom and then the wire would take another turn to come out from that direction. It's hard to describe, but I think it might work if some company would design it.
    07-30-09 08:42 PM
    Oh no, I'm def. keeping the phone. It's just annoying. It's just something you would THINK they would have caught before releasing lol.
    07-30-09 08:43 PM
    I think there are going to be a lot of "failing" micro usb ports in time. When I try to send messages, etc. with the charger in you can't help but put pressure on it, even if it is just a little.
    07-30-09 08:44 PM
    See I don't mind it but I don't complain just go with the punches

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 09:01 PM
    I think there are going to be a lot of "failing" micro usb ports in time. When I try to send messages, etc. with the charger in you can't help but put pressure on it, even if it is just a little.
    I read this somewhere else on CB and it was suggested to get the charging pod. Although you'll still have to plug in the USB cable to sync with your computer, it will put much less stress on the USB port throughout your Tours life.
    07-30-09 09:03 PM
    It is also fine for me but hey I'm left handed and it does not get in my way.

07-30-09 09:04 PM
    I read this somewhere else on CB and it was suggested to get the charging pod. Although you'll still have to plug in the USB cable to sync with your computer, it will put much less stress on the USB port throughout your Tours life.
    I've got two on order. BUT...unless I figure out my battery life issues...I may have a lot of accessories I don't need.
    07-30-09 09:07 PM
    I think a solution might be to design a different type of charger. For example, instead of just sticking out of the side, after it plugs in it will take a 90 degree turn down and curve around to the bottom and then the wire would take another turn to come out from that direction. It's hard to describe, but I think it might work if some company would design it.
    There are actually right angle adapters that you can get that will do exactly this. I certainly wouldn't return the Tour if this was all that was bugging you. A quick web search found this one:

Motorola SKN6258 Micro USB Right Angle Charger Adapter Cable: Motorola RAZR2 V8/ RAZR2 V9/ RAZR2 V9m/ Q9h and all Micro USB Cell Phone models Motorola Factory original Micro USB to Micro USB Right Angle Charger Adapter Cable

Am sure there are plenty of other vendors out there. Check eBay as well. I picked up a couple of mini to micro usb adapters that are similar to this one and they work great with my older mini usb chargers.
    07-30-09 09:33 PM
    Thanks 52bear- I'll def look into that! Thanks.
    07-30-09 09:46 PM
    This was one of my first complaints to a friend of mine who is also a BB user.
    07-30-09 10:14 PM
    Agreed. The placement is less than ideal. Try different finger and hand positions. After some trial and error, I found resting the plug between my second and third finger (on right hand) works for me. Others may find different things that feel better. I also tried resting the Tour in my left hand (I'm right handed) across my middle three fingers and having my first two fingers on my right hand rest underneath the bottom right corner. This frees up both thumbs. Do what feels best but the plug is definately avoidable when typing and should not wear out the port if you're somewhat careful
    07-30-09 10:34 PM
    One last thing.....if you keep your unit charged this isn't even a discussion. Wall charger, car charger, dock charger...PROBLEM SOLVED
    07-30-09 10:38 PM
    I try and only charge when I'm sleeping so normally its not a issue

07-30-09 10:47 PM
    It's still not the best, but I like the Curve USB port placement better, on the LEFT and UP. For a right hander, it's a pain the talk on the phone while it's charging, much less text. Texting seems much easier on the Curve while charging.

I'd love to see USB / charging ports on the BOTTOM of phones (like the iPhone) so when you pick up the phone it's the same placement as regular corded phone.
    07-31-09 11:59 AM
    I agree, first thing I noticed about the Tour was how snug the microUSB port felt. Has virtually 0 play in it. The 8830 was no where near as bad with it's miniUSB port but even then I still had users who wore out the port on it. So to prevent it from happening to my Tour I picked up a charging pod/cradle. It won't get here until Tuesday though As for syncing, I generally try to do that over BT... at least on my office PC, at home, since it's a Mac I have no choice but to use the cable... sigh hopefully Mac DM is on time in September!
    07-31-09 12:14 PM
    Coming from a pearl, doesn't bother me one bit. Same location just opposite side of phone. Keep your phone charged and it never gets in the way
    07-31-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD