do you guys use a leathe or case or the oem belt clip. Until now i have used the belt clip but i have noticed that it cause wear marks (tiny little scratches) were around the edges of the phone. What is a good leather case that can hold the blackberry with a silicone skin.?
    02-13-09 01:41 AM
    damn i am in new york and i see these guys out selling the silicone and leather pouches for like five bucks. i put a piece of tape on the bottom for now. looks invisible. but its just for the scratches for now. was gonna just get invisa shields for it. but im budgeting!
    02-13-09 02:48 AM
    Same here piece of tape

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 05:34 AM
    Works wonders and if you get it on clean its really hard to tell. I've had only phones with clips for years. Really hate the pouch. Seen my girl lose her phone in the train station running to catch the train. And swoop! Out the pouch, off her chest, hit the floor, slid across the platform Nothing but under the third rail.

02-13-09 05:51 AM
    I'm using a leather case, magnetic 'catch' or latch on it. It's blackberry oem, retails for about 25 bucks in the stores, I got mine on ebay for 12 shipped.
    I used the clip at first, however having the back of the phone exposed leaves me with a large scar on the back of my phone.
    I switched to the case, and am liking it. I also ALWAYS have a microfiber cloth at my disposal for cleaning this fingerprint magnet.
    02-13-09 07:14 AM
    im waiting for my invisishield for my 8350 to be delivered
    $25 and from what ive heard from friends and read its great
    www .zagg.com/invisibleshield/blackberry-curve-8350i-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields. php

theres also this spring clip from seidio for $30 ($50 for the clip and rubber skin combo) kinda steep on the prices but i read somewhere that the clip has a thin felt layer inside it to prevent the wear marks (even tho the site doesnt say that in the description)
    www .seidioonline.com/product-p/d-hlbb8350as. htm

and you can find OEM Blackberry rubber Skins on ebay for around $6-$8, i have one now but the phone with the skin on doesnt fit in the OEM clip

hope this helps
    (remove the spaces after www and before php and htm for the links)
    02-13-09 09:37 AM
    I put the invisible shield on last weekend and it is great makes the phone a little glossy but no scratches or streaks I put it on everything but the rubber sides and its good after a couple days all the little bubbles come out and you can't even tell it's there, put this on it and get a leather case and you're protected for sure.
    02-13-09 10:24 AM
    so does that invisible shield really work? is the 25 dollars worth it
    02-13-09 06:09 PM
    from what ive been told by friends who have it on iphones, ipods, laptops etc etc it is defiantly worth it
    there are other companies that offer the same kind of stuff but i havent found any others beside zagg's invisishield that offer the full body protection

most have the screen only or nothing at all for our model curve
    02-13-09 07:08 PM
    Got a nice leather case off Amazon.com for 7 bucks plus shipping. I like it and it puts the phone into sleep mode.
    02-13-09 07:37 PM
    here is a nice selection of original curve 8350i cases

BlackBerry 8350i Original Accessories - MSGDigital
    02-14-09 10:18 PM
    I am using the leather case from the bold. I got it at the Att store. It works great!

02-15-09 01:17 AM
    The best is rugged cases hands down they will not let you down have used them for years. They are durable and last as long as your phone. I buy mine here: alternativewireless.com

02-15-09 01:42 AM
    I put the invisible shield on last weekend and it is great makes the phone a little glossy but no scratches or streaks I put it on everything but the rubber sides and its good after a couple days all the little bubbles come out and you can't even tell it's there, put this on it and get a leather case and you're protected for sure.
    So can you use the invisible shield with the belt clip that comes with the phone?
    02-15-09 11:33 AM
    So can you use the invisible shield with the belt clip that comes with the phone?
    I you can because it doesn'tadd any bulk , that's what i am planning on doing i already ordered my invisible shield, i personally really like the way the oem holster fits and how it puts the phone into sleep mode.

thats the problem i had with the silicone case i bought, it fits great but added to much bulk the so it wouldn't fit in the clip
    Last edited by Cuentoz; 02-15-09 at 03:50 PM.
    02-15-09 03:48 PM
    Personally, I didnt like the clip at all. I need protection and I found it awkward to unclip the phone one handed. It felt like I was catching the phone as I was pushing on the tab to release it. Not enough sure feel for me, I dont want to drop my brand new $250 phone. So, I ended up buying the Smart Phone Experts TopPouch here on crackberry.

First impressions:

Fits tight, starting to loosen up a little bit though. At first, I had to wrestle the phone out of the pouch while holding onto the pouch as well so that it didnt come unclipped from my pocket.

Very good quality and protection. There is a very soft felt material inside. Has a strong magnet to hold the strap.

Phone goes into sleep mode too!
    02-15-09 08:40 PM
    I would get the OtterBox belt clip/case. It will protect the phone from basicly everything, falls, moisture and will also come with a protective keyboard cover. I got mine in late Jan, and have been very happy with the performance it will cost you about $50.00 a small price to pay.
    02-16-09 03:36 PM
    I would get the OtterBox belt clip/case. It will protect the phone from basicly everything, falls, moisture and will also come with a protective keyboard cover. I got mine in late Jan, and have been very happy with the performance it will cost you about $50.00 a small price to pay.
    Due you have the echo problem with the otterbox? I just ordered one from Unlocked GSM Phones, GSM World Phones, Smart Phones, Cell Phone Accessories at MobileCityOnline.com for $39.95
    02-16-09 05:42 PM
    I use the Zagg shield on the lens inside a silicone skin in a Rex Regina croc pouch with magnet and trackball cutout, works good for me.
    02-16-09 05:51 PM
    I like both. I use both for different occasions. If I'm at work, I leave it in the oem holster because it makes me look more business like. However, if I'm out with friends or out on a date and need to look classy I use the leather case with a belt to match.
    02-16-09 09:25 PM
    Originally Posted by mjdavis

Due you have the echo problem with the otterbox? I just ordered one from Unlocked GSM Phones, GSM World Phones, Smart Phones, Cell Phone Accessories at MobileCityOnline.com for $39.95

No, I have not had this problem but I will tell you that they tweaked the case in late January. So I would only buy one directly from OtterBox
    02-17-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD