Hey All,

Has anyone tried this out yet?

leather battery cover battery door for blackberry 8900 - eBay (item 110455702087 end time Feb-07-10 09:10:14 PST)

I think they also make a metal battery cover too. If you dont mind shipping it in from China that it?
    01-16-10 05:40 PM
    that looks good i think i might order one of those since my phone came with a weird grey one :S lol
    01-16-10 06:13 PM
    That seems kind of pricey for a battery cover/door, i keep my phone in a case so i wouldn't even benefit from the look or feel of the door, but to answer your question, I don't know anyone that has tried it,but there was another thread a while back on this subject maybe check there and one of the guys there may have tried it and can give you feedback.
    01-16-10 08:51 PM
    It's a little expensive for me but I'm happy to see it.

The "leather" back on the Bold was great. Glad to see that Curve owners can get it if they want it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 12:14 AM
    That looks as good as the one on my Bold. It makes the handset look a little more classy.
    01-17-10 03:42 AM
    After doing some checking I found they sell a metal battery door cover too!

Metal Battery Door Cover for Blackberry Curve 8900 (Black color) :: 8900 :: Blackberry :: Housing/Faceplate :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.

I think since my battery cover is being held on with masking tape at the moment and I dont want to buy another flimsy OEM cover, Ill shell out the money and try one of these.
    01-17-10 12:54 PM
    Well it's been almost two weeks and the leather battery cover finally showed up from China! Since I'm taking the pictures with my 8900 I can't get one with the cover on the phone yet, but you get the idea.

The package looks well traveled!

After many...many layers of packaging we finally get to the cover. AND, it has gold accenting!? Not very fond of that...since everything on the 8900 is accented in chrome.

And one more close up...you can really see that faux leather shine

Over all it fits good...much better than the one that came with my 8900. Also, this just may be my craziness, but I swear the thing actually smells like genuine leather. Any Bold 9000 have this experience? Maybe they sprayed it :P

Well thats it...I'll post some pics with it on when I get back form the office.
    01-30-10 10:06 AM
    over all it fits good...much better than the one that came with my 8900.
    Well thats it...I'll post some pics with it on when I get back form the office.
    You say it fits better then the original: I'm really disappointed w/ my oem door. My 8900 is about three months old and already the door rattles (I use "quickpull" so I never remove the door). When I go to type on it you can actually hear the back door clicking. Very poor fit / quality (Shame on RIM) for the price they charge !

I'm looking to replace my door w/ one that actually fits snugly as it should. Not so much in to the leather as I keep mine in a leather case 99% of the time but, based on you're post I'm going to order one.

Thanks, for not only the post; but also, the follow up. Now where are those pictures w/ it on the phone !!!
    01-30-10 01:19 PM
    The day I got my 8900 I was dissapointed in the loose battery door. I think there are full threads dedicated to how to solve that problem...but I just placed a few pieces of masking tape under the cover and it kept it pretty tight. Just make sure you use Quickpull like you said, because the tape will really keep it on there.

Any way here's a few pics with the cover on the phone. It is officially better feeling in my hand and much tighter...the only problem is the bottom left corner doesn't want to stay flush, oh well.

This is just a full view. The gold isnt all that bad, would prefer chrome though.

I don't think it looks unoriginal, I like the look a lot actually.

The latch is a little goofy on this one, I don't think the spring is very tight, I have to manually close after I put the cover on, oh well thats what you get for ordering over seas :P

Here's the one corner that I can't quite get to stay flush, it's not a big deal but I expected a little more I suppose.

Well there you have it, an after market leather battery door cover for the 8900, ordered straight from Hong Kong.
    01-30-10 06:06 PM
    nice....would prefer chrome too but nice nonetheless.
    01-31-10 04:26 AM
    The latch is a little goofy on this one, I don't think the spring is very tight, I have to manually close after I put the cover on, oh well thats what you get for ordering over seas :P
    Well there you have it, an after market leather battery door cover for the 8900, ordered straight from Hong Kong.
    I think the lifted corner would bug the $hi! out of me. I'd consider sending them an email, at that price I'd see if they'd be willing to send you a replacement?

Much, appreciate the follow up and the info on the fit of the replacement door. It does look good sans the gold !

Just for kicks I might try the chrome replacement door. In the mean time I used some 3m double stick tape and that worked great to get rid of the "click" when I type w/ my 8900. Thanks for the idea !!!
    02-03-10 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD