02-05-10 11:42 PM
50 12
tools
    I am wondering what cases the women on the forums use for their Curve. I just got mine a few weeks ago and so far haven't found one I am totally happy with.

I bought a nice leather flip case first. I liked the fact that it had the magnetic sleeper switch to conserve battery life, but disliked the fact that it made the phone very bulky. When I flipped the cover back behind the phone to txt or talk it just felt too thick.

Now I am using a silicone skin with a BSE screen protector. I like the fact that I can change the colors (I bought 3) but really do not like the lack of the magnetic shut-off when I am not using my phone.

Any suggestions? I'm curious to see what others use. I may like something that can clip onto my pocket book, but not sure. I am a full-time homeschooling mom of two. We are on the go alot, but nothing that requires the phone be ultra-protected. I generally take good care of my phones and have only dropped a cell phone once or twice in my life! Hope that will help with some suggestions!

Take care.
    04-07-09 12:05 PM
    I'm a fan of the silicone cases, just because I don't always carry a bag, and I will put the phone in my pocket.

Currently I have a white case over my red curve. I also have a red case, and I used a red case with my old pearl. I love the way the white case looks, especially with the red. I've also seen the white with pink, which caused me to by a pink housing kit.. I'm think I'm officially an addict.

Anyway, I've always used the silicone cases. I tend to be pretty clumsy with my phone, and I don't have a scratch on it.
    04-07-09 12:10 PM
    I have various silicon skins and the BSE screen protector. I also have a Coach wristlet that I carry it in. Before I purchased the program AutoStandby, I would simply hit the button on the top to put it to sleep and put it in the Coach wristlet.
    04-07-09 01:16 PM
    I probably use the same leather case that you first bought. Mine has a belt clip on it too. Because I usually wear it on my jeans or in the winter carry it in my purse, I don't mind the "bulkiness" of the case. I also have Invisishield from Zagg, however I haven't put it on yet.

I like that my case puts the phone in sleep mode and looks classy. If I am in the car and am waiting for a call or something, I may keep it out of the case or at home. Most of the time it is in the case though and it has just become a part of my gear like my wallet and stuff that I don't leave home without.

~Jazzi~

04-07-09 02:26 PM
    i don't really like cases because sometimes they are bulky...i just got my housing painted from beckymae.com so i don't have to worry about a case!
    04-07-09 02:57 PM
    I use the fitted case that the phone came with when I got it. Normally, I'm carrying it in my hand, so it's not in there; but when I put in my purse or a bag - then it goes in the case. I do have a protective covering over the screen, so that doesn't get smudged or scratched. You can buy the ones for the pocket PCs and cut them down to size - they work great.
    04-07-09 03:06 PM
    I have two microfiber vera bradley tech cases and two skins that change --- red and clear I also have a leather cell phone case with clip. I also have a cell phone case by vera bradley

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 04:42 PM
    Thanks for all of the ideas! Still not sure what I am going to do. Maybe I'll just have a bunch od cases and go with whatever suits me that day I really had no idea why people called their BlackBerry a CRACKBerry. Now I know... I am addicted to the phone, cases, Bluetooth devices, you name it!
    04-07-09 05:04 PM
    I'm not a woman, but maybe I can offer some insight because I too hate the bulk (and don't have the option of a purse, sorry!)

I currently use the following: http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-innocase-holster/4A24A2938.htm

Has the sleeper function, has a clip that is great and swivles. Also the inside is a felt like material to help protect the screen. They also have the same product that fits a skinned Berry.

Hope that helps.
    04-07-09 05:10 PM
    I wish I could send a pic of my phone, but havent figured out how..

The first day i bought my curve i went right out an bought a case! I have a plastic one that is pink/black zebra stripe print. it is 2pieces and clips to the front an then the back. Easy to pull off an put on. I love having the curve now cuz my old phone could never fit any colorful cases..

Its just another small thing i LOVE about the curve
    04-07-09 07:57 PM
    i know im just a guy, but my opinion is valid , it may not be wanted, but still valid. i use about 5 different gel cases. some are the oem blackberry and some are a little thicker, like a tire tread looking one that i got from a verizon store. with a bunch of different colors, you could match them to all your purses and and shoes.. whatever you girls are into . im not so into the snap on hard cases, because they are almost impossible to get off and you can not use a charging dock very easily.. IMMO (in my male opinion)
    04-07-09 08:05 PM
    Crocs have a cell case that clips on your purse or pocket....
    04-07-09 08:07 PM
    i use the casemate smart skin in purple.
    only if it came in pink ... but anyway, atleast it protects my phone and the keys
    04-07-09 08:12 PM
    I was the pink dooney and burke case verizon was selling. I love it holds my cards and money and I have the a bse on my phone.

04-07-09 08:24 PM
    I have a tego skin on my bb then I also use silicone covers and keep my bb in a Coach wristlet I use to carry it in inside my bag. How bout something like that where u can attach the wristlet to the strap on ur handbag? Or when u don't carry ur bag-u can still use the wristlet and throw in ur license and debit/credit card to boot!

04-07-09 08:32 PM
    I hadn't found a case that I like better than the leather pouch that came with my curve. It is slim enough it fits in my pocket when I don't want to carry anything and is easy to get in/ out of my pocket. Then when carrying my purse or wristlet it provides all the protection against whatever is in my purse that could harm it. I do have a screen protector & skin on the phone, but I keep it in the leather pouch at all times.

04-07-09 08:55 PM
    I use the seidio soft touch case in burgundy on my pink curve. I also have the belt clip case w/magnetic sleeper in black which I clip to either my purse or on my pants. Works great, curve is protected and battery life is preserved.

04-07-09 08:59 PM
    I have a tego skin on my bb then I also use silicone covers and keep my bb in a Coach wristlet I use to carry it in inside my bag. How bout something like that where u can attach the wristlet to the strap on ur handbag? Or when u don't carry ur bag-u can still use the wristlet and throw in ur license and debit/credit card to boot!

the curve fits in the coach wrislets? no way!
    gotta go buy one now
    thanks for the idea!
    04-07-09 09:05 PM
    I just started using a case-mate for my berry. I think it makes texting easier because the keys are covered. I just make it a point to put my phone to sleep before putting it in my purse. Before this I just used the case that came with my berry.

04-07-09 09:07 PM
    I use the silicone cases, (I have Pink, Green and Black), i need a good screen protector though, i haven't seen a flip type case that i like yet. I really don't want to get it scratched, especially since my old one broke and i got a nice shiny new one!
    04-08-09 10:42 AM
    I'm getting ready to purchase this one along with a screen protector
    04-08-09 11:45 AM
    i use white silicon: http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

Last edited by chrisy520; 04-08-09 at 11:55 AM.
    04-08-09 11:47 AM
    I use the case that came with the phone and I haven't even considered buying another one. It's protective but not too bulky and allows me to use the holster settings.

04-08-09 11:49 AM
    I have the pink BlackBerry and didn't want to keep it covered all of the time with a silicone case. I do have the white silicone case, but whenever I used the phone with that on it was forever pulling my hair. So I found a clear hard clip on case that is a back piece and a front piece that clip together and protects the BlackBerry. I didn't get mine with it, but you can get a clip on the back of it so you can clip it to your belt or whatever you like. Then I bought a mirrored screen protector and I like how it looks.
    04-08-09 12:38 PM

I bought a nice leather flip case first. I liked the fact that it had the magnetic sleeper switch to conserve battery life, but disliked the fact that it made the phone very bulky. When I flipped the cover back behind the phone to txt or talk it just felt too thick.

I bought that same case, and I only use it when I'm walking my dogs:-/ I can clip it onto a belt loop and not have to worry about it. Like most females, I went through a stage where I had to have the coolest case possible, and I looked at everything. Believe it or not, I started using the slip-in case that came with my Berry, and it's just perfect. (I didn't use it initially; I had left it in the original box.) When it wears out, I'll get another one just like it. Whoever designed it knew what they were doing, IMHO.
    04-08-09 01:26 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD