I just upgraded my 9630 from 4.7 to 5.0.0.484. I have set the option "Lock Handheld upon holstering" to ON. Now when ever I remove the device from the holster the keyboard is Unlocked. I can manually lock the keyboard by pressing the "*" key or pressing the top lefthand button but again whenever I remove the device from the holster the keyboard is unlocked. Does it automatically unlock when being removed from the holster? I'm used to having to unlock it when unholstering so now I'm not sure if it locked at all when in the holster.
    05-10-10 10:10 AM
    When you put the phone into the holster, it automatically goes into standby mode to save battery life. So if your concern is that buttons will be pushed or anything, there is no need to worry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 11:15 AM
    When you put the phone into the holster, it automatically goes into standby mode to save battery life. So if your concern is that buttons will be pushed or anything, there is no need to worry.

Thanks. My question though is, does it automatically UNlock when you remove it from the holster? Since upgrading to 5.0.0.484 it is always unlocked when I unholster it vs 4.7 where I would have to press "* send" to unlock it.
    05-10-10 12:40 PM
    With .484 the lock button was combined with the standby function, so yes it will unlock/come out of standby when taken out of the holster unless you put a password.

05-10-10 07:12 PM
    Good thread, I thought maybe I didn't program something right myyself, but cool. I upgraded to the .591on VZ

05-10-10 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD