01-12-09 10:00 AM
56 123
tools
    Mine was lost in the mail apparently. Seidio sent me an e-mail yesterday afternoon saying it did ship on Monday blah blah blah, then another one saying it's lost, they're filing a claim with FedEx, and they're shipping another one.

Great, I'm out of town all next week and no one is there to sign for it . Their office ours end at 4 so I couldn't get in touch with anyone to work out faster shipping arrangements since they didn't send the "it's lost" e-mail until after they shut down the office. Awesome!
    Last edited by Yesterdays Shoveler; 01-09-09 at 08:43 AM.
    01-09-09 08:41 AM
    Mine was lost in the mail apparently. Seidio sent me an e-mail yesterday afternoon saying it did ship on Monday blah blah blah, then another one saying it's lost, they're filing a claim with FedEx, and they're shipping another one.

Great, I'm out of town all next week and no one is there to sign for it . Their office ours end at 4 so I couldn't get in touch with anyone to work out faster shipping arrangements since they didn't send the "it's lost" e-mail until after they shut down the office. Awesome!
    Same exact thing happened to me, but I cought it before they did and they sent me out another one which I recieved today.

I had been using the innocase II but didnt like it that much. I didnt trust myself to always lift the clip to get it into the holster.

Now, the Innocase I is very nice. I like it much better. I looks better IMHO and I dont have to worry about the holster scratching the top. The only problem is if I need to do a battery pull because I see no way to get the case off.
    01-09-09 08:54 AM
    Ok so being new at the bb stuff whats the low down on the case and where can I get one.
    01-09-09 09:12 AM
    Same exact thing happened to me, but I cought it before they did and they sent me out another one which I recieved today.

I had been using the innocase II but didnt like it that much. I didnt trust myself to always lift the clip to get it into the holster.

Now, the Innocase I is very nice. I like it much better. I looks better IMHO and I dont have to worry about the holster scratching the top. The only problem is if I need to do a battery pull because I see no way to get the case off.
    Glad to hear the I is nice, really looking forward to ditching my hard plastic case.

I caught the shipping error before they did to, even sent them a message with the tracking URL and was told all was fine only to be told a few hours later that all was not fine. Now I can't call their long distance cust. serv. number since I'm at work...and they don't open until an hour after my work day starts and they close an hour before my work day ends. They really do make it easy on a guy!
    01-09-09 09:26 AM
    oooo pls do, id like to see more of a real pic of that color instead of the stock pics on their site... im interested in getting one of those + holsters as well
    Here are pictures of the Innocase II in blue. I love the blue because it is an iridescent blue. Depending on how the light hits it, it can go from blue to bluish-black to purplish-black.

01-09-09 09:41 AM
    Glad to hear the I is nice, really looking forward to ditching my hard plastic case.

I caught the shipping error before they did to, even sent them a message with the tracking URL and was told all was fine only to be told a few hours later that all was not fine. Now I can't call their long distance cust. serv. number since I'm at work...and they don't open until an hour after my work day starts and they close an hour before my work day ends. They really do make it easy on a guy!
    You cant call from work?
    01-09-09 09:49 AM
    I just got my II last night and I am very impressed. I never went to so far as adjusting the set screws to correct my screen, but having read other posts about people having click issues I made sure to take my business card out of the battery compartment before I loaded the phone into the case. I figured it would probably be a good idea to do a quick battery pull anyway since it didn't seem like I would want to remove and reinstall the case too often. I could not be more pleased with the case.

I wish I could say the same for the holster. It is clearly a quality piece of kit, much better made and more sturdy than any holsters I've used in the past. But it isn't perfect. The clip itself does a great job of holding the phone and it is easy enough to lift the clip when inserting the phone to avoid marking up the face, but I wish it was a little lower profile. It makes quite the bulge when I don't tuck in my shirt. The other issue is that it does seem remarkable that they didn't make a cutout on the side to allow the Storm to charge while in the holster. This is a minor issue, obviously, and nothing a few minutes with a dremel can't fix.
    01-09-09 09:52 AM
    You cant call from work?
    I'm not going to make a personal toll call on my employers dime and I don't get a drop of cell service from my office. Sucks.

What international company doesn't have a toll free number these days? Weird.
    01-09-09 10:02 AM
    Ok so being new at the bb stuff whats the low down on the case and where can I get one.
    Search the forums for "seidio innocase" or go to their website at Seidioonline - Your Leading Manufacturer of Smartphone Accessories
    01-09-09 10:04 AM
    I'm not going to make a personal toll call on my employers dime and I don't get a drop of cell service from my office. Sucks.

What international company doesn't have a toll free number these days? Weird.
    Why not call during lunch time? Seidio's HQ is in Texas.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 01-09-09 at 10:11 AM.
    01-09-09 10:06 AM
    The tolerances on the II seem much better than the I.
    01-09-09 10:34 AM
    I called - Seido's not picking up. Maybe they took the day off.
    01-09-09 10:34 AM
    Why not call during lunch time? Seidio's HQ is in Texas.
    Yeah, that's my only option, but unfortunately it may be too late in the day for them to expedite shipping to get it here by tomorrow...

I called - Seido's not picking up. Maybe they took the day off.
    Awesome!
    01-09-09 10:45 AM
    Seidio does not seem to answer the phone tried several times. I got the Innocase I and it seems to fit well, however I agree the holster is terrible and can be fixed quickly, they need to fix the side so you can plug it in to a charger while in the case and put a hole in the front so that you can see the flashing led light through the holster
    01-09-09 10:53 AM
    Does the horizontal leather case support the sleeper function ?
    01-09-09 11:03 AM
    Other than on-line can you buy these cases at any retail locations?
    01-09-09 11:29 AM
    Other than on-line can you buy these cases at any retail locations?
    For the Curve, Verizon carried Seidio's Innocases. I don't know if Verizon will do the same with the Storm line.
    01-09-09 12:21 PM
    Yeah, that's my only option, but unfortunately it may be too late in the day for them to expedite shipping to get it here by tomorrow...
    Too late in the day? It was only 11:45am EST when you posted. As of my post, its about 1:30pm. TX is about 1-2 hours behind so its still around lunch time or so for them.

Even for Verizon, usually any orders after 4pm or so, go out the next business day.
    01-09-09 12:39 PM
    Seidio does not seem to answer the phone tried several times. I got the Innocase I and it seems to fit well, however I agree the holster is terrible and can be fixed quickly, they need to fix the side so you can plug it in to a charger while in the case and put a hole in the front so that you can see the flashing led light through the holster
    Easy said than done. Requires a new mold of the holster and the current holster has been mass produced. This also involves cost.
    01-09-09 12:40 PM
    Too late in the day? It was only 11:45am EST when you posted. As of my post, its about 1:30pm. TX is about 1-2 hours behind so its still around lunch time or so for them.

Even for Verizon, usually any orders after 4pm or so, go out the next business day.
    Texas is exactly one hour behind EST.

The point I was trying to make was that replacement might have already shipped before I was actually able to talk to anyone at Seidio since a) they sent me notification that there was a problem after their offices have closed and b) several hours would have passed before I was able to talk to anyone after their offices opened this morning. They never gave any indication as to when the replacement was shipping or when it was estimated to arrive.

Simply emailing me the shipping information of the replacement and a tracking number as a bonus would have cleared it up. I did get through on the phone on at lunch and they still can't produce a tracking number.
    01-09-09 01:04 PM
    Texas is exactly one hour behind EST.

The point I was trying to make was that replacement might have already shipped before I was actually able to talk to anyone at Seidio since a) they sent me notification that there was a problem after their offices have closed and b) several hours would have passed before I was able to talk to anyone after their offices opened this morning. They never gave any indication as to when the replacement was shipping or when it was estimated to arrive.

Simply emailing me the shipping information of the replacement and a tracking number as a bonus would have cleared it up. I did get through on the phone on at lunch and they still can't produce a tracking number.
    The point I was trying to make is that companies have different drop off and pickup times. Like for my company, we have a Fedex that drops off packages around 11am. He picks up if there is any. At around 6pm, we have a pickup for the end of business day.

I suggest keep calling. If they are shipping orders, they should be available.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 01-09-09 at 01:15 PM.
    01-09-09 01:12 PM
    The point I was trying to make is that companies have different drop off and pickup times. Like for my company, we have a Fedex that drops off packages around 11am. He picks up if there is any. At around 6pm, we have a pickup for the end of business day.

I suggest keep calling. If they are shipping orders, they should be available.

That's exactly why I wish they would have told me that a second one was shipping BEFORE they shut down their offices yesterday. So I could have TALKED to them instead of this crummy delay with their e-mail responses.

They finally gave me a tracking number and guess what, it's not supposed to be here until Monday...three days after I am leaving town. This is the exact cluster f I was trying to avoid by actually talking to someone before they shipped.

Twice they've told me it would be here today, FedEx shows it in Memphis and it's not an overnight next day delivery.

Shoddy communication. Seidio fail.
    01-09-09 02:00 PM
    That's exactly why I wish they would have told me that a second one was shipping BEFORE they shut down their offices yesterday. So I could have TALKED to them instead of this crummy delay with their e-mail responses.

They finally gave me a tracking number and guess what, it's not supposed to be here until Monday...three days after I am leaving town. This is the exact cluster f I was trying to avoid by actually talking to someone before they shipped.

Twice they've told me it would be here today, FedEx shows it in Memphis and it's not an overnight next day delivery.

Shoddy communication. Seidio fail.
    That sucks. I would call FedEx and have them reroute the package. Sucks that its no overnight but at the same time, FedEx might not be able to reroute it. When I ordered boots from Timberland, I was bounced back and forth. FedEx told me to call shipper (Timberland) to authorize rerouting. I called Timberland and they told me to call FedEx. I was bounced back and forth about 5 times. But with UPS, I can call and they can reroute it with no problems.
    01-09-09 02:19 PM
    That sucks. I would call FedEx and have them reroute the package. Sucks that its no overnight but at the same time, FedEx might not be able to reroute it. When I ordered boots from Timberland, I was bounced back and forth. FedEx told me to call shipper (Timberland) to authorize rerouting. I called Timberland and they told me to call FedEx. I was bounced back and forth about 5 times. But with UPS, I can call and they can reroute it with no problems.
    Yeah, the guy at Seidio just called and said I could probably "work something out" with FedEx. No thanks, I've already sunk too much time into this game. If it shows up today or tomorrow, awesome. If not, I'll put a sign up to reject deliveries next week while I'm out and I guess they'll ship it back to Seidio and Seidio can ship me yet another one when I get back.

Looks like Seidio makes some decent stuff, just might need to work on their communication after an order is placed.
    01-09-09 02:38 PM
    Does the horizontal leather case support the sleeper function ?
    Seidios leather cases do not support the sleeper function. Only their holsters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 02:50 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD