06-15-09 04:55 PM
28 12
tools
    Hey all, I bit the bullet and ordered a Storm. I am now trying to decide between which cases to buy. I have narrowed it down to either the incipio ultra feather or the seido innocase surface (1 or 2). First I would like to know opinions on which you feel is better and if there is a consesus on either the innocase 1 or 2 being better. I lean towards the 1 because I am not sure I like the way the 2nd gen wraps around the bottom but not the top. Also does the incipio work with any holsters?

The other thing I wanted to get from you guys was what you thought some essential apps were. I have some definite ones in mind like quickpull, and one that I can't remember the name of that locks the screen while in a call.

Thanks for the info guys!
    06-13-09 04:55 PM
    I love my innocase 2 with the ultimate screen guard and i keep it on my hip in the bold oem case =)
    06-13-09 04:57 PM
    Check ebay before you spend too much. They have some great deals. Just look for blackberry storm and sort through cheapest first. Gl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 06:13 PM
    I have just got my hands on an otterbox....if you want your phone to look new for two full years....Otterbox it
    06-13-09 06:20 PM
    lol... A backup device for when that one dies?
    06-13-09 06:21 PM
    casesmart full body skin, car charger, aquapack(waterproof/sandproof) for if you go to the beach, can use the phone through it
    06-13-09 06:35 PM
  7. StillersIX.X.XIII.XIV.XL.XIII's Avatar
    incipio feather is a great case. it fits in the bb side holster, but its tight. if you get a hard case, I'd dl quickpull so you dont have to remove the case to do a battery pull
    06-13-09 07:02 PM
    you could always "ask patches"
    06-13-09 08:08 PM
    Hey all, I bit the bullet and ordered a Storm. I am now trying to decide between which cases to buy. I have narrowed it down to either the incipio ultra feather or the seido innocase surface (1 or 2). First I would like to know opinions on which you feel is better and if there is a consesus on either the innocase 1 or 2 being better. I lean towards the 1 because I am not sure I like the way the 2nd gen wraps around the bottom but not the top. Also does the incipio work with any holsters?

The other thing I wanted to get from you guys was what you thought some essential apps were. I have some definite ones in mind like quickpull, and one that I can't remember the name of that locks the screen while in a call.

Its called talk Lock. Just get the storm slider, It's better IMO. It locks ur phone and does it while ur talking.
    06-13-09 08:19 PM
    Otterbox is the only way to go
    06-14-09 11:56 PM
    Otterbox. No other option.
    06-15-09 12:24 AM
    i bought the otter box also good thing but not really worth it. also buy and itouch because your storm is going to **** you off that much none of the apps are worth it they are way better on the itouch i would have waited it i was you for the storm 2. dont but anything that for it until you are sure you want to keep it sorry man but thats the truth.
    06-15-09 12:37 AM
    I kinda like those stretchy cases myself...
    06-15-09 01:05 AM
    should of waited a bit longer for the storm 2 release.
    06-15-09 01:32 AM
    I have the desk top charger and use it as my bedside clock as well. Also the new innocase for the storm is great, BUT I had to return it because it did not fit into the DT charger. But I would give it 4 stars.
    06-15-09 04:38 AM

I would definitely go with the seido innocase surface. For some reason rubber-like cases have always been amazing to me. In the past I tested devices with this type of material by throwing it against concrete and it'd still work perfectly with no dents and/or scratches on it. Application wise... Facebook if you use Facebook a lot... YouMail Visual Voice Mail, QuickPull!!!!!!!, and of course the Crackberry App Store.
    06-15-09 04:45 AM
    I have Incipio Silicrylic case. I have two Seidio cradles scheduled to arrive tomorrow. One for home and one for my car. Got a Motorola car charger which looks great. If you plan on using a nav app, I'd recommend a car charger and a cradle so you can dock your Storm and look at the nav while charging. I've noticed that using any GPS app drains the battery rather quickly.

I am going to use a double-sided tape to affix the cradle on top of my dashboard and connect to a car charger. I opted for Seidio because you can keep your case on when you dock your Storm into the cradle.

Anybody know if Seidio's cradle will work with Silicrylic case?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 04:53 AM
    Im sorry, but I personally can not recommend the otterBox case. I really wanted to like it because it was such a nice case however, It was nearly impossible to use my numlock and enter buttons on the keyboard - making unlocking the phone using numbers a total PITA.
    06-15-09 10:48 AM
    I have the Seido Innocase II and it is by the far the best case I have owned. All buttons easily accessible, snaps apart easily, very sturdy and protective. Very thin and light yet will protect if dropped. I would highly recommend it over any other case. Also get yourself a reuseable screen protector. IMO this is a must....
    06-15-09 10:54 AM
    The BEST accessory would be a i-phone or a Pre.
    06-15-09 11:18 AM
    innocase II is cool, but the otterbox is awesome. IMO the screen "skin" needs to stretch a bit, then there is no problems getting to all of the screen to click or whatever. i love having my otterbox when i'm out fishing or at a ball game and someone spills a beer all over me or something. that peace of mind is priceless.

i have both cases, but i've switched exclusively to the otterbox and gifted the innocase to my buddy to borrow. belt clip included.

but i don't always use the otterbox. i gear up when i'm anticipating potential hazards to my storm. the rest of the time i'm naked.
    06-15-09 11:19 AM
    The BEST accessory would be a i-phone or a Pre.
    suck my ******* *** you piece of **** n00b troll mother******
    06-15-09 11:20 AM
    LOL

suck my ******* *** you piece of **** n00b troll mother******
    This put a smile on my face, thanks for that Patches.
    06-15-09 11:34 AM
    That's very funny Patches!

To the OP...OtterBox ALL THE WAY!!! I've dropped my phone more than a few times and it still looks brand new. Superior protection and if you set the phone on your leg or dash board, it doesn't slide all over the place.

As to apps (for me)...Garmin Mobile, PodTrapper (for listening to audio books), WeatherBug, Berry Record, and many more.

Look here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...a-apps-236712/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wha...ions-bb-14431/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

Enjoy the phone...it's awesome!

Grey
    06-15-09 01:01 PM
    Invisible shield by zagg.com
    simply the best

vibandring- great program!
    Last edited by Tony Bag O Donuts; 06-15-09 at 01:06 PM.
    06-15-09 01:02 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD