07-01-09 12:57 PM
53 123
tools
    Forgot to mention in my original post that this particular clip has a tilt and swivel, so you can angle it the way you like - for instance, to avoid glare.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 07:05 AM
    Looks great although I'm not sure I'd want to pry up bits of my dashboard to wedge the supports into.
    04-15-09 09:33 AM
    I've been a huge fan of ProClip mounts and have been using it for the Bold for a few months now and have been nothing but satisfied. Very good choice!
    04-15-09 09:34 AM
    I really was kidding, I don't get into accidents with my phone (knocks on wood), but I really do want something that mounts it up high in plain sight so I can use it as a streaming radio and GPS navigation system without fumbling for it while operating the car. This looks like an awesome mount.
    Ditto.

awesome pics, KB. Thanks for sharing. I need one for my GPS TeleNav Navigator.
    04-15-09 09:41 AM
    wow that looks awesome KB!
    I switch devices too much to invest in one, it's very tempting though.

Thanks for sharing
    04-15-09 11:07 AM
    I used the ProClip system long ago (during my Pocket PC days) and it's great. I really do like their stuff. It's a little pricey but they make clips to fit in just about every car. They also send instructions for mounting the hardware. Great stuff!
    04-15-09 11:34 AM
    Looks great although I'm not sure I'd want to pry up bits of my dashboard to wedge the supports into.
    You for sure don't have to pry up bits of your dashboard - you just slightly widen the pre-existing gaps for the 10 seconds it takes to snap a piece in. The plastic of the dash has a lot of flex and the company sends you a little tool. It's quite painless - for your vehicle - and clever, too.
    04-15-09 03:44 PM
    I just received the ProClip for my Bold. It is better than expected. It was easy to install (30 seconds) and it is solid as a rock. The swivel base is the way to go, as you can make very nice minimal adjustments. And no marks or holes of any kind are left in the vehicle.
    Thanks KB for the post.
    04-18-09 04:24 PM
    I just received the ProClip for my Bold. It is better than expected. It was easy to install (30 seconds) and it is solid as a rock. The swivel base is the way to go, as you can make very nice minimal adjustments. And no marks or holes of any kind are left in the vehicle.
    Thanks KB for the post.
    I'm glad you like it. It really is solid - well built and well designed.

After having used it for a few days now, I am just loving it - perfect position, easy to get in and out, great swivel.
    04-18-09 04:28 PM
    Thanks for posting about this KB. I've been looking for a car mounting system and never liked any of the ones that I have seen. Just ordered my ProClip two minutes ago!

Chris
    06-15-09 01:43 AM
    I still can't find a car mount that fits my car. I want to get one before the phone ban comes into effect in Ontario. Are there other sites that have other makes?
    06-15-09 12:23 PM
    06-15-09 12:44 PM
    I still can't find a car mount that fits my car. I want to get one before the phone ban comes into effect in Ontario. Are there other sites that have other makes?
    What are the restrictions going to be?
    06-15-09 12:49 PM
    What are the restrictions going to be?

We will not be allowed to use cell phones while driving, with the exemption of using handsfree devices such as a bluetooth headset, bluetooth built in the car...so basically we cannot touch our phone. No texting or dialing even when the car is stopped at a stop light. If we get caught, the fine is up to $500 plus demerit points. Not allowed to use handheld GPS devices as well.
    So that's why I need a mount on my car. It won't come into affect until October, but best to be prepared sooner than later.
    06-15-09 01:11 PM
    We will not be allowed to use cell phones while driving, with the exemption of using handsfree devices such as a bluetooth headset, bluetooth built in the car...so basically we cannot touch our phone. No texting or dialing even when the car is stopped at a stop light. If we get caught, the fine is up to $500 plus demerit points. Not allowed to use handheld GPS devices as well.
    So that's why I need a mount on my car. It won't come into affect until October, but best to be prepared sooner than later.
    Basically the same law that was instituted here in California a year ago. I
    guess it's just getting around. The hands-free thing was last July and the no
    texting thing started in January. I agree with the no texting one.
    06-15-09 01:13 PM
    Basically the same law that was instituted here in California a year ago. I
    guess it's just getting around. The hands-free thing was last July and the no
    texting thing started in January. I agree with the no texting one.

It sounds like it. The no texting is also part of the ban.
    06-15-09 02:03 PM
    So after looking at a lot of different mounting options for my Bold in my car, I settled on the ProClip system, which is a mount that is different for each make of car. It makes use of the gaps between panels on the dash to find a good place to mount your Bold. I really liked the placement of the mount for my make of car - it's easy to see without looking off the road. I also admire the ingenuity of the system and didn't want to attach anything to a vent. So I dug into my pocket and shelled out for it.

It cost a LOT of money - about USD$65 - but I decided to go ahead and splurge, since I don't really buy apps or fancy parts to modify my phone.

I know this is not the right choice for everyone, but I really love the way it turned out.

Here are some pictures if you want to take a look.
    do you use a case or skin in your phone?

do you know if the device holder will hold the bold with skin/case on it? or you have to remove the case/skin before inserting it to the device holder?

thanks.
    06-15-09 04:29 PM
    Are you saying that ProClip doesn't make a mount for your car make and model? Or you don't like the position the mount offers?
    06-15-09 05:43 PM
    do you use a case or skin in your phone?

do you know if the device holder will hold the bold with skin/case on it? or you have to remove the case/skin before inserting it to the device holder?

thanks.
    I don't use a case or a skin and the Bold has to be naked to fit in. Mine is always naked. It's quite a nice fit - tight but easy to get in and out.
    06-15-09 05:44 PM
    Are you saying that ProClip doesn't make a mount for your car make and model? Or you don't like the position the mount offers?

They do make one for my car. But I don't like where it's mounted. It's blocking both air vents.
    06-15-09 08:11 PM
    They do make one for my car. But I don't like where it's mounted. It's blocking both air vents.
    So what? It doesn't get any hotter than 59 degrees in Canada.
    06-15-09 08:17 PM
    Ah, that's too bad. I was glad my option wasn't over air vents.
    06-15-09 08:26 PM
    That's brutally hot!!!! Oh, fahrenheit. Only you guys.
    06-15-09 08:29 PM

Don't make me hurt you, smarty pants!
    06-15-09 08:39 PM
    Ah, that's too bad. I was glad my option wasn't over air vents.

Yeah it's a shame. I took a good look at my car, and there's no other location to put it.
    06-15-09 08:41 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD