So last Wednesday I went on the Vaja site and saw that they had the Aero case for the 9900 availalbe to ship immiedately. I figured it was a decent investment, so I placed my order.

The case shipped out on Friday from Buenos Aires and reached me in Canada today.

All I can say is that this case is absolutely sweet. It is the perfect to the classy looking 9900 and fits fantastically, feels great in the hand and is just a dream to look at.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a higher than normal case for their 9900. It's a little pricey ($73 after shipping to Canada) but to me, well worth it.
    ianliang likes this.
    09-06-11 09:58 AM
    double post.
    Last edited by ianliang; 09-06-11 at 10:33 AM.
    09-06-11 10:27 AM
    Awesome!!! i ordered my custom aero grip on the 21st of Aug.. haven't got mine yet could you please post some photos for my eyes to feast on? thanks in advance!!!
    09-06-11 10:32 AM
    wow. u spent 73$ on a case. wow. just wow.
    09-06-11 10:39 AM
    wow. u spent 73$ on a case. wow. just wow.
    I usually don't use a case at all, so when I do, it has to be something that's really unique and pops. I find this does that.
    09-06-11 10:53 AM
    So last Wednesday I went on the Vaja site and saw that they had the Aero case for the 9900 availalbe to ship immiedately. I figured it was a decent investment, so I placed my order.

The case shipped out on Friday from Buenos Aires and reached me in Canada today.

All I can say is that this case is absolutely sweet. It is the perfect to the classy looking 9900 and fits fantastically, feels great in the hand and is just a dream to look at.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a higher than normal case for their 9900. It's a little pricey ($73 after shipping to Canada) but to me, well worth it.
    So it took less than a week to receive it? That sounds good,- is there a cutout for the speaker in the back of the case?
    09-06-11 11:22 AM
    So it took less than a week to receive it? That sounds good,- is there a cutout for the speaker in the back of the case?
    It's actually not a full cutout. There is a space, and then there is a metal screen over top of it so it's only got a full cutout at the top for the camera.

I'll post some pictures tonight.
    09-06-11 11:41 AM
    I'm really considering getting this case. Can't wait for the picture! thanks for the post.
    09-06-11 11:59 AM
    i used Vaja cases for all my BB devices and they all has been with a belt clip, but now they not offering any clips, so i need to look for other cases, I'm gonna miss vaja
    09-06-11 12:17 PM
    Update: Here are some pictures. Obviously the ones with the BB in the case are taken from a different camera (my 9300) and the ones without the BB in the case are taken with the 9900.
    SaMaster14, diffused and ianliang like this.
    09-06-11 01:22 PM
    Awesome pics. Btw, does the case make the phone noticeably thicker, in an annoying way? Or does it fit the device well enough to make it feel like the case isn't even there? The leather seems pretty thick (as its obviously high quality), but does it make almost too much of a difference?

I really love the thinness of the device, which is why I"m looking at the CaseMate barely there cases, but this case is definitely more 'fashionable' haha
    09-06-11 01:28 PM
    Awesome pics. Btw, does the case make the phone noticeably thicker, in an annoying way? Or does it fit the device well enough to make it feel like the case isn't even there? The leather seems pretty thick (as its obviously high quality), but does it make almost too much of a difference?

I really love the thinness of the device, which is why I"m looking at the CaseMate barely there cases, but this case is definitely more 'fashionable' haha
    I don't find it adds much to the overall thickness of the device. It's still thinner than my 9300 at it's thickest (it's a wedge shape). I actually find the device feels much better in the hand with the case on than without. And I already thought it felt great in my hand before I got the case.

It does add a little bit of weight to the device, not much, not even close to the 9780, but a bit of weight. It's still nice and light but really feels solid.

I tried the Casemate on at the store yesterday to get a feel for it, and I couldn't stand the way it fit. It creates a ridge on the sides of the phone, so when you're swiping left or right on the screen you are constantly catching your fingers. It's not a sharp ridge, but it's just annoying really.
    09-06-11 01:39 PM
    Very nice case!!!
    Congrats!
    09-06-11 03:51 PM
    Main problem is the front face is totally unprotected because the bezel cover doesn't stick out enough.... The front face of the phone sticks out more than the cover edges do.
    09-06-11 04:03 PM

Hi there I was wondering how true the colors are as shown on the website?
    09-11-11 03:14 PM
    So the Fedex guy came knocking at my door at 9am today.. lo and behold! he delivered my vaja aero grip!!! Some photos for you peeps to chew on!

Close-up on leather

With the Bold 9900

Adds almost zero bulk

Super duper happy with my purchase!!!! worth every single penny!!
    Last edited by ianliang; 09-11-11 at 11:15 PM.
    09-11-11 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD