10-19-11 10:04 AM
57 123
tools
    Same here! They even sent me a return label with shipping to send back the holster without the magnet. I have to say they have great customer service. I will probably now buy the convert add on kit to give added protection when I am at work. My Otterbox Defender is just not cutting it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Me too, mine is all boxed up and ready for the morning mail.

I also found the defender to be just too bulky for my taste, right now I'm using the Otterbox commuter case with Seidio's active holster, very nice fit.
    10-17-11 06:00 PM
    Me too, mine is all boxed up and ready for the morning mail.

I also found the defender to be just too bulky for my taste, right now I'm using the Otterbox commuter case with Seidio's active holster, very nice fit.
    It is a little bulky, but for the work I do outdoors it serves its purpose. They are sending me another case since the original ones rubber seal keeps peeling off. If this one does the same, I will just return both and grab the commuter case from them

10-17-11 06:08 PM
    Otterbox sent me a replacement rubber part for the Defender. It still comes off. Good service but not good design.

So now that Seidio has the magnet, I'll give them a try.
    10-17-11 06:53 PM
    Otterbox sent me a replacement rubber part for the Defender. It still comes off. Good service but not good design.

So now that Seidio has the magnet, I'll give them a try.

Was it a hassle to get your money back from them?

The tech on the phone told me they tried something new with the Bold cases. Obviously they should have stuck with the old styles......
    10-17-11 06:58 PM
    Was it a hassle to get your money back from them?

The tech on the phone told me they tried something new with the Bold cases. Obviously they should have stuck with the old styles......
    Didn't get money back. Just a new rubber part. The older design for the 9000 is so much better. I never get why businesses change something that works well.
    10-17-11 09:16 PM
    You are dumb for using a 600 dollar device in those conditions, get a cheap phone? Since when do you need access to email while roofing? You also probably own a 3.5 diesel truck to carry your lunch pale around.

So - tradesmen shouldn't have smart phones? I am a facilities engineer and need emails when Im up on a roof - when Im down in a boiler room - while my hands are dirty from replacing and servicing equipment.

If you ask me, to say that smartphones should not be used in the field is dumb.
    10-19-11 10:01 AM
    It is a little bulky, but for the work I do outdoors it serves its purpose. They are sending me another case since the original ones rubber seal keeps peeling off. If this one does the same, I will just return both and grab the commuter case from them

As a person who also works in the field, I tried using the defender case for my 9930. Rubber housing did not fit right and the clip in holster is a nightmare IMO. Purchased a commuter and have been happy. Only downside is no OEM holster. From what I understand though you can use a BB 9000 holster and it will fit the 9930 with a commuter.
    10-19-11 10:04 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD