03-21-09 07:57 PM
32 12
tools
    Thanks for the pics. Big but well protected it looks like. I am in construction sometimes so like you I need the most protection I can get even if I sacrifice size some.
    01-18-09 11:06 AM
    Their site: OtterBox Defender
    Water-Resistant, Crushproof, Comes with Holster, 3 Layer Protection

OtterBox Products | Mobile Phone Cases

PERFECT if you do construction work or are involved in activities where you need this protection!

And, it comes in a great Yellow-Black color option.
    01-18-09 12:55 PM
    It provides excellent protection, but for me, the speaker phone not being usable is a big mark against it. I'm not using the clear film as I have the Zagg shield.
    01-18-09 01:13 PM
    oh my... that is BIG!
    if i buy it, i think i will only use it on my field day work
    01-18-09 01:26 PM
    I got my Otterbox Defender today and I am really impressed with the fit and finish of the case. Installing it was a snap. I am not a huge fan of the plastic screen and keyboard cover, but it might grow on me.

The phone with case is definitely larger/thicker that before, but it actually feels better in my hand. I suppose I am getting old, but most of the time I would rather have a phone that I can confortably hold than one that disappears in my pocket if I can't have both. This is not pocketable, unless it is in your back pocket or a cargo pocket. It works in a shirt pocket, too, and gives you the "I'm a NASA Engineer" look. I would have no concerns placing it in my back pocket and sitting on it. The silicon skin is a blessing and a curse. I can already tell that it is going to gather dust and make removing the phone from any confined space (like a pocket) difficult, but it also keeps the phone from sliding in my car.

The one thing that I want to add to the preceding conversation is that in the provided belt holder, the phone actually hugs my body closer than with the stock AT&T leather belt holder. That was my main concern because I wear a suitcoat alot. Also, the belt holder does not receive much attention in reviews. It is solid. I would venture to guess that it is unbreakable; even with a hammer. It has a stout, LOUD, ratcheting belt clip. When the phone is in the belt holder, everything is protected except the camera (which is still covered by a small pastic window).

A few final observations:

I may be lucky, but I do not see any glare when using the camera flash. I wonder if everyone who commented on that removed the plastic film that comes on that portion of the new case.

The sound is not a problem, either. I can hear callers, and they notice no difference talking to me.

The speakerphone is totally unusable with this case. Feedback is immediate and loud.

aybe I use my keyboard differently than some, but I have no trouble with the trackball and peripheral keys.

Nice case! I think I am going to like it until I forget and try to use the speakerphone.
    01-22-09 02:40 PM
    Did anyone notice the flaps on the plastic film? Is this to protect the phone from for the hard cover's connection points?

Also , how long / how difficult is to remove the case?
    03-21-09 07:55 PM
    That thing must be able to survive some running over...
    03-21-09 07:57 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD