Hi folks,

I found this link on redflagdeals, there is a promotion going on and u can unlock ur BB for only $0.01. I tried it, pretty fast service and the unlock code worked. However, I didn't have a chance to try it on other carriers.

Unlock your Blackberry for only 0.01$ Rogers, Fido, Telus, Bell, Virgin, Wind, Videotron, Att, Tmobile, Verizon, Bellsamsung, Belllg, Fidolg, Telusinq, Koodoinq, Mobilicity, Teluslg, Rogersbb, Fidobb, Telusbb, Bellbb, Virginbb, Videotronbb, Windbb, M
    Last edited by 51smoker; 11-27-10 at 08:27 AM.
    11-27-10 12:21 AM
    How long did it take you t receive your code from them? I went through paypal. Ordered one for a penny. That's the price they had up. Received an order confirmation from them. At the time I order the site said maximum time to receive code was 2 Hours. At the bottom it also said if you don't receive it in 2 hours contact them. So I went back to the site just after 2 hours and the price was now $20.00 and the max time to receive to code is now 12-24 hours. At the bottom it now says if you don't receive your code within 24 hours they will refund your money and provide you with a code for free. clock's ticking. If I don't get my code by 530 pm tomorrow afternoon (easter time) I'm gonna file a dispute with paypal (YES, eventhough it's a penny). We're still recovering from a recession..lol And I don't internet based companies that rip people off. We'll see.
    11-27-10 09:33 PM
    How long did it take you t receive your code from them? I went through paypal. Ordered one for a penny. That's the price they had up. Received an order confirmation from them. At the time I order the site said maximum time to receive code was 2 Hours. At the bottom it also said if you don't receive it in 2 hours contact them. So I went back to the site just after 2 hours and the price was now $20.00 and the max time to receive to code is now 12-24 hours. At the bottom it now says if you don't receive your code within 24 hours they will refund your money and provide you with a code for free. clock's ticking. If I don't get my code by 530 pm tomorrow afternoon (easter time) I'm gonna file a dispute with paypal (YES, eventhough it's a penny). We're still recovering from a recession..lol And I don't internet based companies that rip people off. We'll see.
    Used them once for for a Nokia and it was just horrible took them a few days to get back to me and no refund either. Stay away if possible. I understand if an refund was issued but it was never; didn't stand by their policy
    11-27-10 09:37 PM
    Yeah it seems like fishy business. I emailed them 2 hours ago and no response up to now. Also, I called the telephone number they have posted on their site to call and it just rings out. No voicemail.
    North-Face likes this.
    11-27-10 09:40 PM
    Yeah it seems like fishy business. I emailed them 2 hours ago and no response up to now. Also, I called the telephone number they have posted on their site to call and it just rings out. No voicemail.
    Really I wouldn't hold my breath most of my friends have never had a positive experience from them either. This is why they have to have unlock codes for $0.01, but really even with like a $5 or $10 price its still unforgiveable. I rather get my unlock code from cellunlock or freethisberrydotcom. Freethisberrydotcom offers unlock codes for $5 and it arrives in about 5 minutes on average.
    North-Face likes this.
    11-27-10 09:41 PM
    Really I wouldn't hold my breath most of my friends have never had a positive experience from them either. This is why they have to have unlock codes for $0.01, but really even with like a $5 or $10 price its still unforgiveable. I rather get my unlock code from cellunlock or freethisberrydotcom. Freethisberrydotcom offers unlock codes for $5 and it arrives in about 5 minutes on average.
    My thoughts as well.

Thanks for the heads up on this guys, I was going to give them a try thinking it would be quicker/easier than calling the carrier and pleading with them that I'm travelling with the phone and need it unlocked. I'll keep my distance now.
    11-27-10 10:17 PM
    Got my code! I followed the instructions and entered it. This might be a stupid question but when you unlock your phone even if you wipe your device and do an upgrade/downgrade it never has to be unlocked again right? I guess I need a better understanding of how a phone is locked to a carrier network to understand this better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 11:50 PM
    Correct once unlocked its unlocked for good.
    11-28-10 12:06 AM
    It took me about 1 hour to get my code. since it's weekend, i don't blame them too much. some ppl on redflag said they got their code in less than 10 minutes.
    11-28-10 08:53 AM
    Agree! I use their service only because of the 0.01 promotion, otherwise I would go for freethisberrydotcom
    11-28-10 08:55 AM
    Thanks guys. Our track record is about 5 -10 mins during business hours depending on transaction notification.
    11-28-10 05:14 PM
    ^ I recommend freethisberry ^

Received code exactly as they advertise, very detailed instructions with e-mail. Worked like a charm along with a fair price.
    I will use them again soon.

Thanks!
    11-30-10 04:34 AM
    Thank you. Appreciate the feedback.
    11-30-10 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD