I just recently in the last couple weeks purchased the charging cradle for the bold. It seems to work fine and charges the battery but here is the issue: whenever I leave it in the cradle it never shows on the battery icon that it is charging and then about 10 seconds after being in the cradle it shows a message saying that there is not enough power through the usb connection to charge the battery (something to that effect). I have noticed that the contacts on the cradle do not stick out very far so maybe the cradle is defective. However, I did start to notice the message at least when I upgraded to 5.0.0.190 so maybe that's part of the problem.

What's everyone's opinion? Anyone experiencing the same thing or have the cradle to confirm how far the contacts stick out?

Also, I have plugged the usb cable directly in and there is no problem charging.

Thanks
    09-28-09 09:02 AM
    This is a known issue with version 5 operating systems.
    09-28-09 10:08 AM
    Right. This is a known issue with the version 5 OS. However, the phone does still charge. You just have to put up with the annoying message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 11:14 AM
    It's a known issue in .190, it was resolved in the next build.
    09-28-09 11:31 AM
    So what you're trying to tell me is that it's a known issue? Ha ha! Just kidding! Thanks!!!
    09-28-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD