Anyone else had any issues with these things breaking pretty easy?

I was trying to take my case off last night to do a battery pull. I did it the same way I have taken it off every other time (working my way around little by little). Well last night one of the clips (right above the headphone jack) just broke. Didn't put any pressure on it or anything, just popped off and now the case won't go back together right.

Anyone else had any issues like this? I've only had the thing for about a month or so and don't really want to buy another one if it is going to be as flimsy.
    05-14-09 10:54 AM
    Mine did the same thing, so now I have the Case Mate Smart Case that covers the whole phone. I love it and it's not flimsy.
    05-14-09 11:21 AM
    I've never had that happen to me, but I've always used softreset/quickpull and avoided regular physical pulls. I love this case though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 11:35 AM

I was trying to take my case off last night to do a battery pull. I did it the same way I have taken it off every other time (working my way around little by little). Well last night one of the clips (right above the headphone jack) just broke. Didn't put any pressure on it or anything, just popped off and now the case won't go back together right.

Anyone else had any issues like this? I've only had the thing for about a month or so and don't really want to buy another one if it is going to be as flimsy.
    Yep. Top left clip broke after about 4 weeks of use. Called Seidio and they had me send it in and mailed out another one.
    05-14-09 11:51 AM
    Yep. Top left clip broke after about 4 weeks of use. Called Seidio and they had me send it in and mailed out another one.
    Good deal. I'll try that. I really like the case but damn it broke way too easy.
    05-14-09 12:19 PM
    don't battery pull.. press the left alt + RIGHT shift + Delete, hold it for a bit. it will restart the phone with white screen as if you did a batt pull. i do this with my innocase so it never needs to be removed.
    05-14-09 12:22 PM

Hello,

I'm sorry about your experience with our cases! Rest assured that your product is still covered under warranty if it is only a month old. Please send me your order information to the email listed in the sig and we will take care of that for you!
    05-14-09 03:06 PM
    I own the same case and love it. I also use quickpull but on occasion a battery pull still helps more. I'm curious since the vendor appears to be very receptive and attentive to those posting this continued problem if there are design changes forthcoming. My case has not broken (knock on wood) but everytime I do remove it I feel like I'm tip toeing through a minefield.

brill
    05-14-09 03:13 PM
    Hello,

I'm sorry about your experience with our cases! Rest assured that your product is still covered under warranty if it is only a month old. Please send me your order information to the email listed in the sig and we will take care of that for you!
    Now that's customer service... Do they pay someone to cruise CB and reply to issues like this? Dude, RIM, take a hint!

Way to go Seido...
    05-14-09 03:16 PM

I had two die on me (broken clip in the top left corner) unfortunately I only purchased one from Seidio, but I am in the process of having that one exchanged. I won't be buying anymore. the customer service is great but for that kind of money they should be able to stand up to being removed at night.
    05-14-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD