Just got hooked up with 20 iPhone screen protectors. Anyone know a good way to apply these to a 9700? I need to cut off the 2 sides where the cut-outs for the button and speaker grill is but the tab that pulls the screen protector cover thing off would also be cut off so I wouldn't be able to peel it off to actually apply to my phone. Anyone got any ideas?
    08-30-10 07:58 PM
    Cut one down and see if you can peel the adhesive cover off without the tab. Shouldn't be too hard to remove it using the blade that was used to cut it. Would use a box cutter or an x-acto knife with a ruler to cut it.

You've got 20.. Definitely some room to experiment.
    08-30-10 08:04 PM
    Send a couple to me and i'll help you decide the best way

No, seriously, just remove the tab and bend it back to just where you're going to cut, then apply and it should be good to go.

You have 20...
    08-30-10 08:38 PM
    Just got hooked up with 20 iPhone screen protectors. Anyone know a good way to apply these to a 9700? I need to cut off the 2 sides where the cut-outs for the button and speaker grill is but the tab that pulls the screen protector cover thing off would also be cut off so I wouldn't be able to peel it off to actually apply to my phone. Anyone got any ideas?
    Scotch tape. Also good for taking dust specks off the sticky side
    08-30-10 10:56 PM
    No need for a screen protector. Tempered glass .. Had mine without one for 4 months and no scratches what so ever.
    The screen will scratch.. And easily too. It's plastic covering the LCD

Scotch tape. Also good for taking dust specks off the sticky side
    Gotta love Scotch tape haha
    08-30-10 11:01 PM
    ...Tempered glass...
    Bull.
    My first 9700 scratched the screen on a plastic thread from the emblem above my shirt pocket. Plus, I can push on the screen and watch the LCD ripple like a pond.
    08-30-10 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD