Hi guys,

I did a lot of searching around the forum and online and couldn't find an answer to my question. I just switched from an iPhone to the Blackberry 8520 and I wanted to keep using my In-ear iPhone headphones with it. I tried playing some music on the blackberry and plugging the headphones in and the sound won't play through them. I've gone through the menus to see if there was an option to switch to headphones but all I see is either "Switch to Handset" or "Switch to Speaker" or something along those lines.

The headphones that came with the BB work fine and so do three other generic pairs I've tried.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    03-09-10 02:39 PM
    um, yeah... your iphone headphones wont work with the BB... Im sure the BB doesnt have the connections to control the music with the iphone headphones. I bet if you look real close at the male end of the headphone and compare it to a regular set of headphones they will look a little bit different.
    03-09-10 02:42 PM
    Blackberries naturally reject Iphone stuff. Kinda like cats and dogs. They just dont go. Plus why would you use inferior equipment on your superior new communication tool.
    03-09-10 02:49 PM
    Well, I prefer in-ear headphones because regular ones don't stay put in my ears

I really like the fit and sound of the Apple ones. The connector for them and the ones that came with the blackberry are EXACTLY the same. I don't really care about skipping tracks/volume/answering calls with them. I just want to play music...

I tried pulling the battery, restarting the device, nothing seems to work.
    03-09-10 02:57 PM
    They're probably not compatible.
    03-09-10 03:02 PM
    They're probably not compatible.
    That's what I figured, I just can't imagine why. They work in every other device I've ever plugged them into. Hmm.
    03-09-10 03:09 PM
    That's what I figured, I just can't imagine why. They work in every other device I've ever plugged them into. Hmm.
    Just out of curiosity, what would those devices be?
    03-09-10 10:30 PM
    Funnily enough, my BB headphones work in my brother's iPhone, including the microphone, but not, it seems, vice versa.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 02:24 AM
    I use the regular Apple iPhone Stereo Headset ( iPhone Stereo Headset - Apple Store (U.S.) ) with a click mic on my 8520 just fine. When I do use the click - it pauses / resumes a track.

The newer headset with the remote may have a problem due to its remote integration circuitry. My advice is find a in-ear headset with the click / hold circuitry only (They are standard across many phones, like the aforementioned Apple headset and the ones that came with your Blackberry).

Here's one I managed to find in under 1 minute on Google Amazon.com: Stereo Headset with Built-in Microphone and Click / Hold Button for Apple iPhone - Ear Cusions Included (White): MyGift: Cell Phones & Service

Hope that answers your question.
    Last edited by g_patkar; 03-10-10 at 02:29 AM.
    03-10-10 02:26 AM
    Just out of curiosity, what would those devices be?
    Discman, Computer, iPod, Generic MP3 player...etc...
    03-10-10 02:46 AM
    I did the same as you. Switched from an iphone to an 8520. My iphone headphones work just fine in my bb. Just make sure you push them in all the way until you hear a click.

03-11-10 10:11 AM
    i have the same prob.... but what i do is plug them in and then go make a call to customer care or any other number and it recognizes the headphones then you can use them to listen to music.
    03-29-10 05:35 PM
    You could always buy another pair of in ear headphones, I used a pair of iphone headphones in mine it worked however it was slightly crackly therefor I invested in a pair on in-ear headphones from beats by dre
    03-30-10 04:51 AM
    I think you should buy a comfortale ear-phone with you. Have many kinds of these, you also request for helping by the shop-keeper! They can explain all for you, and finally, i think bb is different from iphone, and lets enjoy your new favorite!

03-30-10 05:13 AM
    i have the same prob.... but what i do is plug them in and then go make a call to customer care or any other number and it recognizes the headphones then you can use them to listen to music.
    I have the same problem with my iphone earphones in a blackberry 8900 but just tried this and it worked thanks
    05-29-10 05:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD