12-01-09 02:23 PM
35 12
tools
    I canceled my order 2-3 weeks more! and i ordered a week ago
    11-25-09 09:55 AM
    So those who just installed their IS what do you think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 12:06 AM
    I had an IS on my original Bold before the trackball broke. As long as there isn't an opening around the earpiece like there was for the Bold, it should be fine (this area was prone to have lint/dirt stick to it).

In all honesty though, you shouldn't need a screen protector like that. I haven't put one on my replacement and there isn't a scratch to speak of (and it has been through a few drops).
    11-26-09 01:40 AM
    I want to get an IS but I want someone else to install it for me. I'm a klutz. lmao.
    11-26-09 01:59 AM
    Received mine from Best Skins yesterday, just attempted to install on my Bold 9700. Screen shield was easy to install, just make sure you wash your hands and remove any grease on fingers. However, I was unable to get the front top and bottom piece to stick due to the curved surface. This is not my first skin, I've used them many times and find curved edges are hard to apply and the first ones to unpeel. If I can't get the curved pieces to stick I won't be too unhappy, it's the *SCREEN* I am most concerned with.
    11-26-09 07:12 AM
    Mine arrived in the post this morning. Will probably apply it to my 9700 this evening and ill take a couple of pics for you.
    Not impressed that the application solution container leaked in the post and soaked everything inside the envelope though

I put mine on yesterday. I've put invisibleshields on before so comfortable with the procedure. I use a hairdryer on the corners that are not sticking down to dry them out a bit, and then they stick perfectly. Took me about 1 hour from start to finish to apply it to my 9700.

Here are some pics. I really should have wiped the dust off before taking the pics lol
    Also, in real life you cant see the invisible shield on my device at all on the front unless you start looking closely. But in the pictures my camera and the lighting seem to make it as if the shield look really obvious, just to let you know that it looks nowhere near like this in real life.

11-26-09 08:16 AM
    For those who aren't sure, this is my Bold 9700 with skin from Best Skins Ever. Take your time, and use a blow dryer on LOW setting and... I say again... TAKE YOUR TIME!!! Enjoy pics, I did place the skin over the battery back door. I place my phone down alot and I know eventually it will wear out the back plate.

Note: The haziness will go away in 24-48 hours. I'm not worried, same haziness with iPhone and it disappeared next day.
    Last edited by nutzareus; 11-26-09 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Explain "haziness"
    11-26-09 11:16 AM
    thanks for the pics guys not sure if i'll put one on yet or not, its safety versus the look of the phone! argh!
    11-27-09 04:31 AM
    Here are my pics I just installed it. BTW this is a skin from BSE which from my experience with my 8900 and IS it's the same I cant tell the difference. Also the skins on the menu keys create an extra layer that seems a bit weird when using the trackpad, I'm debating if i should keep them or not. The sides, keys, top, and bottom were a pain in the ***! I'll post pics after a few days that its on as well.

11-30-09 06:13 PM
    Also the skins on the menu keys create an extra layer that seems a bit weird when using the trackpad, I'm debating if i should keep them or not.
    I noticed this too when I put my skin on for the first couple of days, and it was kinda annoying. But I guess ive got used to it now and it doesnt bother me at all
    12-01-09 02:23 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD