My Invisible Shield finally came the other day, so I installed it today. It contains 10 pieces - many more than shown in the instructional video that used an iPod. Installation took about 90 minutes; there are three very small pieces for the top, and those are quite challenging to put on. I think it was more than worth it, though...the phone is now much easier to grip, and I don't have to worry about fingerprints anymore. This time tomorrow, I'll get to turn it back on.

I'm much less satisfied with Zagg's much-touted customer service, however. They seem to toot their own horn on this quite a bit, but after ordering the Shield, I sent an email (that was nearly 2 weeks ago now!) asking how many parts it consisted of. Although they say they answer emails within 24 hours, I never got an answer. What kind of crap is that?
    03-24-08 11:48 PM
    My Invisible Shield finally came the other day, so I installed it today. ... it was more than worth it, though...the phone is now much easier to grip, and I don't have to worry about fingerprints anymore. This time tomorrow, I'll get to turn it back on.
    1.) I've had mine on now for almost four months. Looks the same as the day I put it on.

2.) No fingerprints and almost never any face grease on the screen.

3.) Overnight on the set up period is fine. The 24-hour thing is a little overkill.
    03-25-08 01:20 AM
    I'm thinking about getting this for my 8820, but I'm not sure I'll like how it looks, especially at the corners. I definately want it for my screen.

Patrick
    03-25-08 07:50 PM
    I'm thinking about getting this for my 8820, but I'm not sure I'll like how it looks, especially at the corners. I definately want it for my screen.

Patrick
    If you put it on right, you probably won't notice it. You can see it (it's not entirely "invisible") but many of the seams are undetectable, and those that you can see lay down very well. You just have to make sure you use the "palming" technique they describe during the install process.

I really like mine so far...it's a lot easier to hang onto and I don't worry about putting it on a table.

A few recommendations though:

1. Polish it beforehand to remove any marks...the best thing to use is something nylon or similar. I used an "Under Armor" shirt as my "lint-free cloth" during the entire process.

2. Use the bottle sparingly. I nearly ran out.

3. They don't tell you this in the instructions, but you will also need a magnifying glass, a good (100 watt at least) lamp, possibly some tweezers, and a pencil with an eraser, or something similar.

4. The pieces don't always come off the paper peacefully. You may need to encourage them, and even cut the edges slightly with a very, very sharp Xacto knife.

5. You can use that same knife to trim tiny pieces if you mess up a little and there's something that's fairly unnoticable but that would stop the battery door from closing, etc.

6. Give yourself a generous 2 hours for installation. It took me about 90 minutes, but I took a break in the middle.
    03-25-08 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD