11-21-09 04:31 PM
36 12
tools
    has anyone had a Zagg IS and gone to a best skin ever? I guess I am looking for what they ended up liking the best. Are their any other ones that are worth checking into?
    11-10-09 01:10 PM
    When I had Pearl, I had Bodygardz for the entire device. I researched a bit to see which was the best - BG, InvisibleShield or BSE but all seemed to be pretty much same. I became a fan of BG on Facebook so I could get coupon codes (LOL) - that was only reason I had BG. But as many say, it starts coming off of curved edge in a few months and I ended up trimming (with scissors). The whole purpose of it should be to protect those areas. I would still recommend to protect the screen with one of those but now not sure about doing for the entire device. I use the hard case (innocase) with the films (BG again - bought it when it was on sale) for screen. And the top and bottom also since I use Incipio Feather for change once in a while.
    Also, I noticed, when I switched from Pearl to Tour, I peeled off the BG from the device to see if it was really protecting... yes, Pearl almost looked new (except scratched in where the films came off) but I didn't realize how dirty the films were. Not that I touch my phone in super dirty hands nor leaving it in the environment with full of smoke or anything but the films for some parts were almost yellow. The demonstration video tells you how strong it is but nothing says how dirty it gets.
    The kiosks for InvisbleShield have been popping up at most major malls now - they will apply them for your devices.
    Last edited by BrianFTC; 11-10-09 at 03:43 PM.
    11-10-09 03:40 PM
    has anyone had a Zagg IS and gone to a best skin ever? I guess I am looking for what they ended up liking the best. Are their any other ones that are worth checking into?
    I have previously used IS then went to BSE without looking back. I found I had a more difficult time applying the IS, for whatever reason. Not to mention that I got the "orange peel" effect after a month or so. BSE has yet to discolor. I think one of the reasons Zagg is so pricey is packaging. You get this,oversized box with colored graphics and this little presoaked pad.

BSE comes in an envelope that says Best Skins Ever. That's it. Just make your own application solution. I did 1 to 2 drops baby shampoo with 6 oz of water. I, personally would try the BSE first, see if you like it, then move to the more expensive product. If you ever have a question regarding BSE products, their customer service is very friendly and replies promptly to emails.
    11-10-09 03:40 PM
    Got IS installed at Best Buy last week ($29.99+$7.00 install). So far so good. It is certainly not invisible, but i did not expect it to be. It protects well without hiding the look of the Tour. I will see how it maintains.
    11-10-09 05:07 PM
    I swear by IS's...have them on everything......
    11-10-09 05:14 PM
    try "best skins ever"..same product at a quater or the price..
    Exactly right.
    11-10-09 09:23 PM
    I've had good luck with Ghost Armor. My friend used BestSkinEver at the same time I put Ghost Armor on mine. BSE had a lot of orange peel in it. Over the next six months, my GA held up much better but, in truth, I think he is a bit rougher with his phone than I am. I did damage a piece of the GA by dropping the phone on concrete (saved the phone, IMO) and GA sent out a complete replacement skin for the shipping charge only. I just got the Storm2 and ordered the GA for it. Waiting for delivery.
    11-14-09 08:59 AM
    I'll agree with this. Not for the tour, since I'm using a Boxwave, but for my previous phone the full body cover started peeling on all surfaces in about a month or two.

Not a newbie to the IS either, I have used their product on my cameras and found the same problem with my new cameras, so I switch to a hard scratch proof type cover for my Nikon's LCD on the back and top.

I do believe, Zagg purchased IS a few years ago, and that seems to me, when the quality went down hill. On my older Nikons when I used the IS, they did not have the peeling problem. In fact, sold two older Nikons about three years ago with the IS still on the screens.

Boxwave can be removed, washed, and reapplied. I do not believe it offers the same level of protection that IS does. The IS used to be able to hold up to belt buckels scraping against and LCD screen for a year or two. However, for minor brushes with items, the Boxwave should be able to hold up as well as the IS.

Just my thoughts...
    I ordered from Boxwave three weeks ago and have yet to receive product. Customer service with them is a joke. Oh did I mention - they wasted to time charging my card.
    11-14-09 02:28 PM
    I've been pretty happy with my phantomskinz. Something I'd recommend as well. Goes on pretty clear with minimal orange peel.
    11-19-09 12:37 PM
    I bought the IS a couple of weeks ago. Installed myself. Not sure how much better a "professional" would have done, perhaps a bit but I think I put the cut pieces where they need to go!! Can't say how well it protects as yet because I don't generally put my BB through a lot of torture but I will say it does add grip. The one complaint that I have is that it seems to pick up every bit if fiber I have in my pockets! Maybe it is my installation, but I doubt it. I think it's fine though.
    11-20-09 08:15 PM
    I bought the IS a couple of weeks ago. Installed myself. Not sure how much better a "professional" would have done, perhaps a bit but I think I put the cut pieces where they need to go!! Can't say how well it protects as yet because I don't generally put my BB through a lot of torture but I will say it does add grip. The one complaint that I have is that it seems to pick up every bit if fiber I have in my pockets! Maybe it is my installation, but I doubt it. I think it's fine though.
    You paid 3-4 times more for InvisibleShield than you would have paid for Best Skins Ever and in my opinion the film is the same stuff.

Might want to try Best Skins Ever next time.
    11-21-09 04:31 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD