11-21-09 03:31 PM
36 12
tools
    Has anyone used the invisible shield made by ZAGG on their Tour? they are supposed to be precision cut to fit and indestructable. $29.99 at Best Buy seems a little pricey for a screen protector. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    09-15-09 09:18 PM
    There was a review of that vs phantom skinz somehwere here and from what I remember, they said zagg invis shield leaves a sticky residue feeling.. I would personally recommend just getting the seidio innocase 360 instead.. Its only 6 dollars more and provides a full 360 protection including the qwerty keyboard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 09:48 PM
    I have invisible shield full body on my tour and its great. Give the tour a slight grip were it not slippery. And it doesnt leave a residue after removing. Lifetime warranty so if you replace your tour just remove it. Take it (removed pieces)to independent dealer and they will replace it for free. Might charge 5-10 bucks for installation. But it worth it when a dealer install it, if they mess up they will open up a new one and start over. They are very good on installation.

Nothing against phantom skin, but I cant find actual dealers where I live for customer service.
    09-15-09 10:12 PM
    i use the zaggon my tour also love it
    09-15-09 10:16 PM
    thanks for the 411. i would love a 360 case but i just installed(today) a 2600 battery so untill the 360 extended rolls out I'm s.o.l. but thanks for the input I might take a second look at the ZAGG.
    09-15-09 10:43 PM
    Strictly bareback for me

...But then it is a company issue
    09-15-09 11:10 PM
    The Invisible Shield's are great products, not only do they provide a great scratch resistance to your device but they also don't have any added bulk that a case would give you. If you're like me and put your device in your pocket there is nothing better than being able to know your device won't get scratched with keys or anything else in your pocket. I have to agree about the "professional" installation, its definetly well worth it, takes a good installer about 20-30min to install the Tour Full Body and keep in mind they probably do 5-10 a day! Best Buy sells the Full Body Tour Invisible Shields for $29.99 and the installation costs $12.99, yes a little expensive but i'm sure if you talk to the associate they could knock a few $$ off for you...
    09-15-09 11:20 PM
    I have the InvisibleShield screen protector on my Tour and I really like it. I decided not to do it to the entire body because I really didn't care for it on my curve. Keeps the screen scratch free...
    09-15-09 11:21 PM
    I am happy this was brought up because I literally debated buying one but since I never heard about it on here, I was initially a bit untrustworthy.
    09-15-09 11:34 PM
    I think I might just bite the bullet and have one put on. Even if I decide to get a full body case it wont be affected. Thanks for all the inpute!
    09-16-09 12:15 AM
    Well it doesn't cover the whole phone however the indestructible part is pretty accurate I tried scratching it with keys and even a razor blade and it didn't leave a mark, I wasn't using a ton of pressure when I used the razor or keys so I'm not sure how much it can take before scratching.
    09-16-09 12:54 AM
    Got the invisible shield on my screen. Wifes got the full body coverage.
    Can't reccomend anything better

09-16-09 01:05 AM
    I dont Recommend this product, it will look good for 1 month, then it peels off by itself on corners
    09-16-09 01:58 AM
    have had on multiple devices, gps phones dslr mp3. Only one I had peel was the first on I installed it on. Generally only cover screen as stays in case most of the time. Saved my palm 700p got closed in in glove box against hard edge dented screen but did not break. can always order from zagg then you are automatically on their list.
    09-16-09 08:06 AM
    I have the full body IS. Had it installed at best buy. I like it and I like the grip it gives the phone. After I got it installed I bought the epik case which is amazing. My advise would be to get an epik case (they are only $5 and blow away all the other cases) and get a screen protector. You could go with the IS screen protector. The epik case also comes with a screen protector but I haven't used it since I already have the IS installed.

09-16-09 08:37 AM
    I have had several ZAGG products and highly recommend them for laptop coverage, but not so much for phones. I had the full body shield, and I took it off because it just didn't do good. There are 3M screen protectors on eBay that are 3.98 with free shipping and as far as I can tell they are nearly identical - and cheaper
    09-16-09 09:18 AM
    Use them on my phones, and it has literally saved the wifes nv touch, I also installed them on customers phones which they loved them to!
    09-16-09 09:29 AM
    I ordered just the screen protection for my Tour. It's coming in a couple days, and I'm not gonna get my phone till I have it ready to put on.

I've had the full coverage on my ipod touch for nearly a year. After a long time, these things don't look perfect. Screen peeling is unlikely, but curved edges will definitely peel. Also, it's still possible to get little blemishes, but it's damn good. And it's nice to know that beneath it is still pristine. Here's a couple (crappy) pics to kinda show how it ages.
    Last edited by zzephyr27; 09-17-09 at 08:14 PM.
    09-17-09 08:10 PM
    try "best skins ever"..same product at a quater or the price..
    09-17-09 08:25 PM
    Where can you find an installer? Or an independent dealer?
    10-29-09 07:33 PM
    I thought about getting it, but after seeing it, it has that plastic feel and look to it.
    10-29-09 10:54 PM
    Where can you find an installer? Or an independent dealer?
    You can go to ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield and find a retailer They are the ones that installed my Invisible Shield, and I love it. It will peel very little, but you also have to follow the instructions to not touch the phone heavily for like the first 24hrs. I had mines professionally installed
    Last edited by baredude; 10-30-09 at 12:05 AM. Reason: URL edit
    10-30-09 12:05 AM
    You can go to ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield and find a retailer They are the ones that installed my Invisible Shield, and I love it. It will peel very little, but you also have to follow the instructions to not touch the phone heavily for like the first 24hrs. I had mines professionally installed
    Cool, thanks!

...but how do you go 24 hours without heavily using your BB? Is it painful?

OK, so I went to the site and there are "Retail Stores" and "Zagg Resellers"...difference being?
    Last edited by RickyRoss10; 10-30-09 at 08:36 AM.
    10-30-09 08:34 AM
    Cool, thanks!

...but how do you go 24 hours without heavily using your BB? Is it painful?

OK, so I went to the site and there are "Retail Stores" and "Zagg Resellers"...difference being?
    The retail store is a place like Target or WalMart that sells the product itself. The reseller is the people at the mall that are at the carts. I went to a mall location and had mines installed.

You can use the BB. You just have to be careful and not do stuff like put it in your pocket. And I have a backup BB in case my primary ever goes down. Cant go too long w/o my BB.
    10-30-09 08:52 PM
    Got the invisible shield on my screen. Can't reccomend anything better
    InvisibleShield is a great product ... if you love to waste money.

Several companies provide this same film. The folks at Zagg (producer of InvisibleShield) are different. They charge 3-4 times the money of anyone else and give you nothing in return for their totally obscene prices.

Zagg are simply a bunch of crooks. Once you buy from others, you actually become a tad bit p*ssed about how Zagg abuse their customers by overcharging them so ridiculously.

Best Skins Ever uses the same film, has MUCH better customer service and charges 1/4th the cost.

So if you like throwing money away, go ahead and give it to Zagg. But if you want a great product with great people standing behind it for 1/4th the cost ... it's Best Skins Ever.

Zagg are crooks. Shameful crooks.
    11-01-09 08:02 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD