I bought the Invisible Shield from Best Buy and had them install it, as I am pretty inept. I heard about the "orange peel" effect but stupidly wasn't sure what that meant. I'm thinking I found out, since my screen looks...wavy? The clerk said it was normal and would wear off.

Will it smooth out or did I get taken?
    08-11-09 01:04 AM
    I have never heard of this before... I think you might of been had mate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 01:11 AM
    It smooths out after about a week or so but it will never be completely smooth. The "orange peel" effect is a characteristic of these skin protectors.
    08-11-09 01:13 AM
    I have never heard of this before... I think you might of been had mate.

Never heard of it? You must not know much at all about the skin protectors.
    08-11-09 01:13 AM
    I bought the Invisible Shield from Best Buy and had them install it, as I am pretty inept. I heard about the "orange peel" effect but stupidly wasn't sure what that meant. I'm thinking I found out, since my screen looks...wavy? The clerk said it was normal and would wear off.

Will it smooth out or did I get taken?
    I've used several skin products and very highly recommend them. Never heard of "wavy" effects. Orange peel is an effect you usually only see if you hold your screen at an angle and look at it. You'll then see "dimples" or an orange skin looking effect. Again this is only a minor thing and usually only visable if you hold your BB at an angle.

I'm comcerned the BestBuy guy might have damaged your screen. I'd IMMEDIATELY call the store and speak to a manager about this so you are on record reporting the problem. You don't want some one accusing you of damaging your phone. Then I'd give it 48 hours and see it the effect you are describing goes away. Usually within 48 hours all effects other than the orange peel fade away. But again I've never heard of anything like what you are describing.

08-11-09 01:52 AM
    i had the same issue when i installed it on my g1
    and like aristile said.. it will go away with in a couple days..
    08-11-09 03:51 AM
    i had the same issue when i installed it on my g1
    and like aristile said.. it will go away with in a couple days..
    I use the screen protector from apple for the ipod classic...it doesn't cover from corner to corner but I find it to be great and you can barely see it on

08-11-09 01:02 PM
    i have never heard a 100% solid good review about Invisible Shield... they make it seem like its easy to apply but its not
    08-11-09 01:40 PM
    i have never heard a 100% solid good review about Invisible Shield... they make it seem like its easy to apply but its not
    Very true. I bought an IS for my iPod Touch, which installed easily. However, the corners were the pain in the a__! Eventually got there in the end though.

The orange peel effect will reduce over the weeks, but it will always be there!
    08-11-09 05:57 PM
    The so-called orange peel is seen holding the screen under a lamp at an angle when off. Looks like slight irregularity in the glassy surface, not perfectly smooth like polished glass. It's very subtle and does not go away with time. Little bubbles go away. The orange peel thing is invisible when you actually use the phone and it's just what the plastic stuff looks like. The hard plastic screen protectors (Seidio) don't have it, only the flexible ones like BSE/Zagg. No biggie.
    08-11-09 06:07 PM
    Bestskinsever.com I would say is the best, I've been using their protectors since my 8320 and I also used it for my iPod Touch. Great stuff! Trust!

--HeavyC.

08-11-09 06:55 PM
    Bestskinsever.com I would say is the best, I've been using their protectors since my 8320 and I also used it for my iPod Touch. Great stuff! Trust!
    I've used Zagg (Invisible Shield) and Best Skins Ever and no one is going to convince me there is any difference between the actual film material. I think it's exactly the same stuff.

With all that said, Best Skins Ever is a FRACTION of the cost of Zagg and Best Skins Ever's people are easy to deal with and very nice.

Nothing wrong with Zagg (other than being shamefully overpriced). I just agree with you that Best Skins Ever is the way to go.
    08-11-09 09:29 PM
    Ebay 1 dollars for 3 screen protectors the best I've had invisashield had the "orange peel" effect wasnt happy with it then got a bse had same problem the ebay one I'm using now is perfect and super duper clear and clean

08-11-09 09:52 PM
    I have the invisible shield on my phone. You don't notice it. I read e-books on my phone (Sometimes with a white text on black background, other times black on white) and I don't notice it. I DO notice it when its on an angle, but as far as USING the phone, you've got nothing to worry about when it comes to the orange peel effect. However, if it looks wavy, to the point where a straight line looks fat and thin going across the screen, then yes, you may have some sort of issue with the film.

As for applying it, I was somewhat scared of doing it myself, but, patience is key. Its not that difficult. I have one bad corner on my phone, where dirt got in under it because I applied it with dirty finger nails. I got this phone in May, applied the film the same day I got it, and not a single complaint out of it.

Its a BIT annoying first with a pouch, as it tends to get stuck and ya need some good grip to pull it out, but at least the phone won't want to fall out of the pouch if ya inadvertently put the phone on your belt upside down.
    08-14-09 04:37 PM
    I disagree entirely. The pieces are cut out to fit precisely where they go. Unless you're an ignoramus it's pretty straightforward.

As with anything else, exercise sensibility when applying. Simple.
    08-14-09 05:50 PM
    Bodyguardz never has this problem and I put it on everything, I tried I.S. and got the same effect and doesnt get much better
    08-14-09 06:40 PM
    On the youtube installation video it says the streaks will go away in a matter of days

08-14-09 08:48 PM
    they are not streaks though, yes any bubbles or something from the application process will go away with both B.G. and I.S. but the dimple effect aka orange peel effect on the I.S. doesnt go away
    08-14-09 09:25 PM
    i was gonna go with the invisible shields but read about the "orange peel" effect. i went with clarivue for my 8900 and my girl's Tour and couldnt be happy. you cant tell its on there and i did both myself with no bubbles
    08-14-09 10:16 PM
    Well majority of the time you use your phone, its on. It shouldn't matter. Haha.

08-14-09 11:22 PM
    Hi all, it's been a good week since I purchased the invisible shield and the streaks/bubbles/waves have gone away. Thanks for all of the responses, I was getting worried but you all helped. The orange peel is still there but as others have mentioned, it's only visible at certain angles. Overall I'm pretty happy with the product.
    08-21-09 01:08 AM
    I have experience with IS and I like their product, so I bought my gf one, she has the 8320, I installed it good, no bubbles, but there are little rainbow streaks on the screen, like there is some moisture inside, I used the squeegee and that wasnt any help, its been about 3 days and they are still there, will this go away after time?
    08-21-09 01:33 AM
    I have experience with IS and I like their product, so I bought my gf one, she has the 8320, I installed it good, no bubbles, but there are little rainbow streaks on the screen, like there is some moisture inside, I used the squeegee and that wasnt any help, its been about 3 days and they are still there, will this go away after time?
    The rainbow streaks could be caused by scratches in the shield. I know i have 1 of these on my Touch, but doesn't bother me much.

If it is still there after a week, just contact IS customer services, and they will gladly exchange it with a new one for you!
    08-21-09 04:51 AM
    Even the biggest air bubbles will depress and go down afer approximately 3 days.

My suggestion is to keep it in a sealed ziploc full of uncooked rice. They will soak up any excess moisture just in case.
    08-21-09 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD