02-04-09 04:21 PM
27 12
tools
    As many of you have seen, the CrackBerry.com store is chock full of accessories for the BlackBerry Storm (9500/9520/9530). However, no online store can have it all, so I thought I'd share a few interesting accessories I have found on other websites. Please feel free to post your own finds, and if you have any reviews of the products I have listed please share your experiences with us!

Note: I am sure many of you will cry, "What about the Innocase I or II/Extended Battery/OtterBox/etc." Since those products have been thoroughly discussed and reviewed on this site, I have chosen to leave them off the list. Likewise, I left out all of the protective skins, bluetooth headsets, headphones, etc. as I did not want to spark a lengthy argument over which product was best.

1. Amzer Desktop Cradle with Spare Battery Charging Slot

This is an interesting desk cradle, in that it keeps the Storm in an upright (portrait) position. For the price, the fact that it has a slot for charging an extra battery and comes with a USB cable and DC wall charger makes this a very tempting purchase.

Price: $39.95 - Buy it at: Fommy.com

2. Seidio Innocase Hybrid

I know- I'm a bad list maker if I break my own promise to leave something off the list with my second item. However, I couldn't ignore this alternative to the Innocase I and Innocase II...honestly, I don't know what to think of this. Obviously modeled after the Innocase I form factor, this could be the answer to all of those who don't want to cover up the beautiful front of their device, but still want the all-over coverage that is lacking with the Innocase II.

Price: $29.95 - Buy it at: everythingberry.com

3. Monaco Aluminum Case

Manufactured from "100% adonized, aircraft-grade aluminum," this case features a neoprene lining on the interior (to protect the Storm from being scratched by the case and for added shock absorbancy) and a lock on the side to keep the case from popping open at inopportune times (say, during a drop). And, as far as I can tell, this case would be fairly easy to remove when you want to charge your Storm in the OEM desktop cradle. At this price, you could even get one of each color without breaking the bank.

Price: $19.95 - Buy it at: blackberryden.com in Black or Silver

OK, I know there are plenty more out there, but what fun would it be if I didn't let some of you post your finds? Go ahead and put my 3-item list to shame...I am just as interested to see what's out there as the rest of you!
    01-28-09 12:03 AM
    The third one looks interesting... gonna at least check it out!

Thanks for the heads up!
    01-28-09 12:06 AM
    Actually, thats desktop charging cradle looks very neat. It's also not that expensive. Thanks for the info!
    01-28-09 12:09 AM
    I've seen that Amzer case...on EBay I believe.... also..Amzer makes a desktop cradle..similar to the OEM one they sell here on CB.... but it has a slot for a spare batter as well.

I have to thank I <3 My Storm for cluing me into this one....

it's a bit pricey (for my taste) at $59.95....but comes w/ USB & DC wall charger as part of the package...

and available at Fommy.com
    Last edited by CreaseKeeper28; 01-28-09 at 12:21 AM.
    01-28-09 12:18 AM
    The cradle looks slick (I am looking for a second battery option), but I am weary of anything that claims accelerated charging.
    01-28-09 12:19 AM
    [IMG SRC ="http://www.fommy.com/images/fommy-large.gif"][/IMG]

Yeah...I had to find the pic on Amzer's website, as Fommy has that lovely transparent .gif covering all of their pics.

Here's the one you wanted:

01-28-09 12:23 AM
    Actually, thats desktop charging cradle looks very neat. It's also not that expensive. Thanks for the info!

yeah I agree, I like that it keeps it upright, that would be nifty for when I'm at the computer all day at work
    01-28-09 12:33 AM
    I have the Amzer charger that the OP displayed, been using it for about a week now. It came with the wall charger and sync cable. Although it will charge both the Storm and a spare battery, you have to use the wall charger. If you want to sync and charge just the Storm, then you use the sync cable. It's been good and reliable. I like it because it is in portrait mode which I prefer on the desktop.
    01-28-09 12:34 AM
    The Seidio hybrid is in the CB store but I'm concerned about it scratching up my phone.
    01-28-09 12:35 AM
    The cradle looks slick (I am looking for a second battery option), but I am weary of anything that claims accelerated charging.
    Could this possible be detrimental to the battery life leaving it plugged in and in that dock over night?
    01-28-09 12:37 AM
    That aluminum case looks elite! Thanks for the great insight.
    01-28-09 12:37 AM
    The Seidio hybrid is in the CB store but I'm concerned about it scratching up my phone.
    Dang...I guess I should have checked again before posting it...lol. I haven't been in the CB store for a day or two.
    01-28-09 12:40 AM
    Sweet I just ordered the black aluminum case, thanks for the heads up!
    01-28-09 01:03 AM
    I get paid tomorrow...probably going to get both aluminum cases. LOL by the time I get my next phone I'll have like 15 different cases for it (because I am DEFINITELY getting the Otterbox...not as an everyday case, but there's no way I'd take the Storm to the beach or camping or anything without better protection).
    01-28-09 01:35 AM
    Actually you can get that same desktop cradle from Blackberrysource.com for $20 cheaper
    01-28-09 01:51 AM
    will the aluminum case scratch or dent if you drop it.
    01-28-09 02:28 AM
    I just picked up this Monaco case off ebay for $22 shipped. What a stupid case. It fits well and is well made but the screen is covered by plexiglass that is not removable so you cannot use your touchscreen. DUH!
    02-04-09 12:14 PM
    I just picked up this Monaco case off ebay for $22 shipped. What a stupid case. It fits well and is well made but the screen is covered by plexiglass that is not removable so you cannot use your touchscreen. DUH!
    are you serious?!?! that really sucks. So its really not compatible with the storm? even though it is shaped perfectly for it, something doesn't seem right.

I was gonna order it and check it out, but if thats true maybe not.
    02-04-09 12:34 PM
    I just posted some pics of it and a little review if it helps.
    02-04-09 12:43 PM
    Thanks for the "heads up" on this case.
    With the case being aluminum and the the screen cover being plexiglass, too bad there is no way way to remove the plexiglass or break it off.
    02-04-09 12:43 PM
    Wow... I was actually about to order both colors today. WTF!?! How does something like that slip past the design team?

Did you contact the seller and/or manufacturer? I'd be very interested in what they have to say for themselves.

Not to mention, that if some knucklehead thought that was a good idea, they should have listed it in the description.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 12:57 PM
    Cool thread!
    02-04-09 01:00 PM
    Could this possible be detrimental to the battery life leaving it plugged in and in that dock over night?
    I do not beleive that to be true. I bought my cradle the same time I bought the Storm and my Storm goes in its cradle virtually every night. And I do not have the battery issues I hear of alot here at CB.
    02-04-09 02:18 PM
    I just bought the silver aluminum case. The black one was back ordered. Thank you for the heads up. I've been looking for a solid case for my storm since I got it. I've been using the hard case from verizon but I wanted something with a little more protection. I was having trouble deciding between the aluminum case and the book style leather case. I like the leather and I liked that it covered the screen but I thought about holding the phone for a call (pretty important function) so I went with the aluminum.
    02-04-09 03:05 PM
    The monaco case is designed like that. It states in the ebay description
    Protect and personalize your BlackBerry Storm with this Monaco Metal Case. Form fitting light-weight anodized aircraft-grade aluminum case fits your phone perfectly. Clear window covers and protects the screen - open the metal case to access the touch-screen. Case has an opening for front buttons which lets you answer and talk on the phone without opening the case. Also has openings for side buttons, camera, speakers, charger and data cable ports. Interior is lined with padded neoprene that protects your phone from minor bumps and shock. Integrated swivel belt clip is detachable so you can go with or without a belt clip. A genuine Monaco product

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 03:06 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD