08-15-09 01:59 PM
55 123
tools
    Yeah as one poster said the case breaks apart when you drop it. That is fine by me. Better a $30 case than a $300 phone. I've had the case/holster combo on my last two phones. WELL worth the money.

I can't believe that Seidio is the only company that makes a case and holster for it to go in. I hate the thing that came with the phone from RIM. I hate that flap, too bulky. It's a case, not a holster. Seidio makes a holster.
    08-08-09 05:48 PM
    ahhh i wouldn't get this case for the price, check amazon...they have a hard case very similar to this case that does not cover the speakers at all and it also comes with a car charger and screen protectors.
    08-08-09 06:24 PM
    Need some other recommendations for case with holster combo...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 06:28 PM
    ahhh i wouldn't get this case for the price, check amazon...they have a hard case very similar to this case that does not cover the speakers at all and it also comes with a car charger and screen protectors.
    Cheaper yes. But it doesn't have a holster it can go in. I can get hard cases all day long from many vendors.

Need some other recommendations for case with holster combo...
    There aren't any that I know of. I've searched everywhere online for them since before the Tour was released.
    08-09-09 04:00 PM
    Will I be able to use the Innocase II with the OEM holster the Tour came with? Anyone know?
    No, the seidio cases will not fit in the OEM holster that came with the Tour. However, Seidio's Spring Lock holsters ROCK !!! To me, the whole point of getting a Seidio case is really the holster !!!

I agree with one of the previous posts about the Innocase's... when they hit the ground, they break apart. I am going to see if the Innocase II is better about that.

BUT, I am still getting one because I love their Holsters.

My Otterbox is good, but it's bulky.
    08-09-09 04:30 PM
    I've gone through Innocases for both the 8330 and the Bold. Once I dropped either phone with the Innocase (both times happened to be on cement while I was walking), I had a cracked Innocase, with both phones. Sure I had no damage to the phone, but the Innocase was broken. The one time I dropped the Bold, the two pieces of the Innocase split open and exposed my phone to tons of scratches. I was bewildered, what kind of case can't hold up to a drop? So much for protection and there goes some good money.

I've dropped the phone with the OEM skin cases and they're still exactly the same condition. Both prevents damage to the phone...but the Innocase is destroyed in the end. Now tell me how in the world makes the Innocase a superior case? I'm sure proponents for this case think it's lovely, until their precious super expensive phone isn't protected by their case.

If you want a decent non-bulky case that holds up to shocks well, try the Incipio SILICRLYIC when it comes out. Otherwise, I prefer Dermashots and iSkins, or just the OEM skin.
    Last edited by redwanhuq; 08-09-09 at 05:01 PM.
    08-09-09 04:53 PM
    What kind of holster do you use with the Incipio Silcrylic? That's the primary reason I like Seidio.
    08-09-09 05:13 PM
    It's all about having a case and holster combo.

We have these choices.
    • OEM skin (or some other one) NO HOLSTER
    • NO SKIN with holster
    • Sedio skin and holster

I know which one I would pick. Seeing as how I have to have a holster, I would rather drop it with a case that breaks and replace $30 than drop the phone without the case and replace $300.

I do see your point, but that is why there are so many different options out there. To each their own as they say.
    08-09-09 05:38 PM
    Protoge26, perfect way to look at it !!! The 4th option is the Otterbox. I have that right now, it really does protect the phone well. But I miss the Spring Lock Holster Seidio uses.
    08-09-09 06:04 PM
    this is another case holster combo for the tour:

Amzer Snap On Case & Holster For Blackberry - BlackBerry Tour 9630 - Fommy.com

the only pain is with the oem dock ... will have to take off the case all the time if u plan on using dock.. i think with the innocase 2 u will be able to use the dock by sliding off the bottom part...

here is another hard case that might work with the dock but has no holster
    Cases and Accessories - BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Last edited by ToNeBerry24; 08-09-09 at 07:36 PM.
    08-09-09 07:33 PM
    Case Mate makes one. I had it for my curve, I loved it, but was a little buky. Very good protection though. I believe its out for the tour also. Not sure where to get it online though.
    08-09-09 10:56 PM
    Cant wait for this to come out!
    08-09-09 11:56 PM
    I think that the Innocase 2 will be the best option for many of us. An additional benefit to using the Innocase 2 is that in the even you drop the phone, the case won't pop apart and that way your phone will continue to be protected. I am personally confused as to which route to go as many others, because although I LOVE Seidio's products have purchased well over $100 worth of products from them, their products are very expensive and difficult to justify when I change devices rather frequently. I think that I will purchase the innocase holster and go with a less expensive skin/holster to pair with it....who know's though, if I can get a good deal on the Innocase 2/Holster combo I might go with that.
    08-10-09 08:05 AM
    I've gone through Innocases for both the 8330 and the Bold. Once I dropped either phone with the Innocase (both times happened to be on cement while I was walking), I had a cracked Innocase, with both phones. Sure I had no damage to the phone, but the Innocase was broken. The one time I dropped the Bold, the two pieces of the Innocase split open and exposed my phone to tons of scratches. I was bewildered, what kind of case can't hold up to a drop? So much for protection and there goes some good money.

I've dropped the phone with the OEM skin cases and they're still exactly the same condition. Both prevents damage to the phone...but the Innocase is destroyed in the end. Now tell me how in the world makes the Innocase a superior case? I'm sure proponents for this case think it's lovely, until their precious super expensive phone isn't protected by their case.

If you want a decent non-bulky case that holds up to shocks well, try the Incipio SILICRLYIC when it comes out. Otherwise, I prefer Dermashots and iSkins, or just the OEM skin.
    Blackberry's weren't made to be dropped. Don't drop them. You wouldn't have that problem.
    08-10-09 08:19 AM
    I can't understand why they don't offer the the Innocase or Innocase2 with a screen protector built in.

For me the 360 with out the keyboard covering would be perfect.

The original Innocase even has the bar across the bottom of the screen for the screen protector to attach too. Seems like common sence to me specailly when you all ready offer a case that has it, ie. Innocase 360.
    08-10-09 08:43 AM
    Blackberry's weren't made to be dropped. Don't drop them. You wouldn't have that problem.
    Don't be silly. It's as easily dropped as any other phone, if not more since we're using it more. I'm way to busy using my phone to continuously be aware of its safety, and that's why I need a case that provides solid protection without bulk.
    08-10-09 08:50 AM
    I can't understand why they don't offer the the Innocase or Innocase2 with a screen protector built in.

For me the 360 with out the keyboard covering would be perfect.

The original Innocase even has the bar across the bottom of the screen for the screen protector to attach too. Seems like common sence to me specailly when you all ready offer a case that has it, ie. Innocase 360.
    I feel the same way about these cases. I want the normal casing with a screen protector, but with no keyboard cover. Two questions...is it possible to remove the keyboard cover? And also, how is the screen protector (what is it made of? does it stick to the screen or just simply lay on top of it?)

This is why I'm tempted to see if iSkin will put out a case for the Tour because they have the skin casing, a screen protector, but no keyboard cover. Exactly what I'm looking for.
    08-10-09 11:26 AM
    I feel the same way about these cases. I want the normal casing with a screen protector, but with no keyboard cover. Two questions...is it possible to remove the keyboard cover? And also, how is the screen protector (what is it made of? does it stick to the screen or just simply lay on top of it?)

This is why I'm tempted to see if iSkin will put out a case for the Tour because they have the skin casing, a screen protector, but no keyboard cover. Exactly what I'm looking for.
    They are, it's just taking them too long!
    08-10-09 11:42 AM
    They are, it's just taking them too long!
    That's the problem. I need a case ASAP because I'm getting tired of carrying around the included holster (too scared to carry my phone around naked). If I see nothing from iSkin by late August, I will go ahead and purchase something from Seidio.
    08-10-09 11:48 AM
    I use a simple clear plastic case I bought from a Verizon retailer and a screen protector from a kiosk in the mall and it fits perfectly in the holster that comes with the Tour...

I haven't dropped it yet so I can't comment on it's impact/shock prevention abilities but it keeps my Tour nice and safe when I'm constantly using it at work (spend most of my days outside and in and out of cars)...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 12:03 PM
    I think that the Innocase 2 will be the best option for many of us. An additional benefit to using the Innocase 2 is that in the even you drop the phone, the case won't pop apart and that way your phone will continue to be protected. I am personally confused as to which route to go as many others, because although I LOVE Seidio's products have purchased well over $100 worth of products from them, their products are very expensive and difficult to justify when I change devices rather frequently. I think that I will purchase the innocase holster and go with a less expensive skin/holster to pair with it....who know's though, if I can get a good deal on the Innocase 2/Holster combo I might go with that.
    I have to say that I am still a bit confused which way to go. I think I'm going to wait and see what people have to say once they get the Innocase. I can't imagine the only difference is that one snaps together on the sides and the other at the top and bottom. Does one have the bar that goes across the middle and the other doesn't?

I had the Seidio Rubberized Hard Case for my Curve. I believe that one was considered the Innocase Surface. That's what I want for my Tour, but I'm not sure if that's the Innocase 1 or 2.
    08-10-09 07:31 PM
    I have to say that I am still a bit confused which way to go. I think I'm going to wait and see what people have to say once they get the Innocase. I can't imagine the only difference is that one snaps together on the sides and the other at the top and bottom. Does one have the bar that goes across the middle and the other doesn't?

I had the Seidio Rubberized Hard Case for my Curve. I believe that one was considered the Innocase Surface. That's what I want for my Tour, but I'm not sure if that's the Innocase 1 or 2.
    That is the only difference. In the II you only have to take off the bottom to dock in the OEM Charging Pod. Also the sides are smoother. I have had BOTH for the STORM and that is the ONLY difference (as well as the piece in between keys and screen for I).
    08-10-09 07:35 PM
    That is the only difference. In the II you only have to take off the bottom to dock in the OEM Charging Pod. Also the sides are smoother. I have had BOTH for the STORM and that is the ONLY difference (as well as the piece in between keys and screen for I).
    So which one in your opinion is better? I don't have a OEM charging pod. I just use the regular charger that came with the phone.

The II doesn't have the piece between the keys and screen?
    08-10-09 07:37 PM
    any idea on how long it will be till innocase 2 comes out??
    08-10-09 08:56 PM
    So which one in your opinion is better? I don't have a OEM charging pod. I just use the regular charger that came with the phone.

The II doesn't have the piece between the keys and screen?
    The I, on my STORM were the 2 halves met @ the cut-outs for the side stuff I could feel ridges which I did not like.

Also I forgot to mention at least on the STORM, the I protected the Top front, the II did not. Not sure if this will be the case on the TOUR version.

At this point, with my experience, I am going with the II.
    08-10-09 09:09 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD