Innocase Rugged for the BlackBerry 9700 Bold First Impressions

There are four parts to the case, the two hard plastic covers that
    snap on, one in the front, one in the back. There is a softer plastic
    case it slips into after snapping on the hard case. Then the plastic
    skeleton slides over top of the soft cover in the groves.

I snapped some pictures of the case as I took it out of the box. I am
    not sure about the plastic covering over the track pad, although
    surprisingly I didn't actually notice it once I got it on.
    I found this case was easier to put on than the Otterbox Defender
    because the keypad covering was attached to the case. I didn't have
    to spend time lining up the clear plastic cover over the keys as I did
    with the Otterbox.

I am not sure how I will like cover over the camera, but I am going to
    see how it works out. There is a little peg on the camera cover that
    fits nicely in a little hole to keep it away from the camera. The
    only other area that gets uncovered is the usb and audio jack on the side.
    I haven't used a holster with a top clip, or a lock before, so I will
    have to see how it goes.

Overall, first impressions, I like the case. It has a nice look to it
    and it was not hard at all to put on. I think I am going to like this
    case. Its easier to put on than the Otterbox. And the holster looks
    like it will last, which is more than I can say for the Otterbox.

I have attached some pictures below. You can see all of them on my
    Flickr page here.

You can buy one from Seidio here Its 49.95 right now.

I made a little video of putting the case on

Pictures below:

06-06-10 12:39 PM
    Nice review melissa, Seidio makes some outstanding accessories
    06-06-10 03:44 PM
    I agree with pilsbury, great review! Also report back on how you like the case and holster. I have found that the top latch on the holster keeps it nice and secure.
    06-07-10 03:25 PM
    The case is pretty good, and the holster works well.............the crappy part, besides Seidio's total LACK of customer service, is the keyboard cover. It makes it nearly impossible to type correctly and mistake free. As someone who does a lot of business emails and correspondence on my 9700, this case/screen cover make it nearly impossible. I am trying to devise a way to make a better keyboard cover, or I am just going to cut it off entirely. The same with the camera cover. Horribly bad design flaw as anyone who uses their phone for quick pics, etc will not appreciate having to take the time to pull the cover back, fight with it to fit in the custom pin hole, then take a pic............that is if what you were wanting to shoot was still available.

I do not wish to come across complaining, but for $40-50, and afer the design flaws Otterbox has experienced, you'd think a company like Seidio would have manufactured an better and more user friendly product.

I would give it a 7-8 of 10 as is....................i would probably give it a 9.4 if the above mentioned isues had been addressed.
    06-07-10 08:25 PM
    I had the same exact problem with keyboard cover. What I did was I cut the part off starting where the top row keys starts and left the part where it covers the track pad and took the cover from the defender case and slap it on. Now typing is much improve. Still fits fine with it..

The case is pretty good, and the holster works well.............the crappy part, besides Seidio's total LACK of customer service, is the keyboard cover. It makes it nearly impossible to type correctly and mistake free. As someone who does a lot of business emails and correspondence on my 9700, this case/screen cover make it nearly impossible. I am trying to devise a way to make a better keyboard cover, or I am just going to cut it off entirely. The same with the camera cover. Horribly bad design flaw as anyone who uses their phone for quick pics, etc will not appreciate having to take the time to pull the cover back, fight with it to fit in the custom pin hole, then take a pic............that is if what you were wanting to shoot was still available.

I do not wish to come across complaining, but for $40-50, and afer the design flaws Otterbox has experienced, you'd think a company like Seidio would have manufactured an better and more user friendly product.

I would give it a 7-8 of 10 as is....................i would probably give it a 9.4 if the above mentioned isues had been addressed.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 11:15 PM
    I have to say I love this case. I thought it was too big and bulky at first, but it really is not.
    The hardest part for me has been to remember to take the cover off the camera when I need to use it.
    I have noticed I seem to make more typos with the screen cover than I did with it bare. Although I really didn't think about it until I read this post. Not sure why that would be versus the Otterbox as both basically just cover the keys with clear plastic.

I feel very secure about the holster and case. Unlike the Otterbox where an invisible crack would appear and make the 9700 slide out.
    I like the look and feel of the case.

Another improvement over the Otterbox case, is that the touch pad is covered. I found on the Otterbox little bits of stuff, hair, fuzz, sand (I am in FL I am always fighting sand) would sneak under the opening for the touch pad and get up in the screen or down in the keypad. This would require removing the case to get in there to clean it out.

I also find the Seidio much easier to get on and off than the Otterbox.
    I found I got used to the clip at the top to pop the phone in and out quickly. I had to watch myself because i want to fidget with the lock when my hands are free.
    I don't think it would hurt the case to cut the camera cover off, although I don't think I will.

As for Seidio customer service, I haven't dealt with them recently but on my 8900 I had an Innocase of some kind that came with a printed keypad cover. While I could type with no problem the printing would wear off rather quickly. They replaced the case at least once. I moved on to another case after that.
    06-11-10 06:03 PM
    I had the same exact problem with keyboard cover. What I did was I cut the part off starting where the top row keys starts and left the part where it covers the track pad and took the cover from the defender case and slap it on. Now typing is much improve. Still fits fine with it..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    By any chance do you have any pictures to show how it looks?
    06-28-10 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD