04-01-09 12:17 AM
69 123
tools
    I am currently using the OEM silicone for my 8900 that I bought at the T-mobile store. However, after seeing so many threads and posts that boast the innocase's superiority as a case I have been considering purchasing one. My concerns however are is it worth the price? Am I really going to be getting something out of the innocase that I can't get anywhere else? I do hate the dust and particles that my current silicone attracts, but that's something I can live with. Thanks in advanced for any advice anyone has to offer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 01:03 PM
    I am currently using the OEM silicone for my 8900 that I bought at the T-mobile store. However, after seeing so many threads and posts that boast the innocase's superiority as a case I have been considering purchasing one. My concerns however are is it worth the price? Am I really going to be getting something out of the innocase that I can't get anywhere else? I do hate the dust and particles that my current silicone attracts, but that's something I can live with. Thanks in advanced for any advice anyone has to offer.

I am getting the innocase as well. I ordered it and it should arrive here on Thursday. The other silicone I had was the same problem as yours, dust particles and lint etc sticking too easily. I hope the innocase is better.
    03-31-09 01:04 PM
    The texture is different than the silicone case.... no LINT at all when I put it in my pocket
    03-31-09 01:06 PM
    Innocase will protect your BB better than any gel skin would! It's a hard plastic that has a rubbery feel to it which makes it easy to handle. Also adds slightly lees bulk than a gel skin would, which makes it fit perfectly in your hands!

03-31-09 01:09 PM
    Also looks better than the gel skin does!

03-31-09 01:10 PM
    I agree with stalker.....errr i mean skullgame
    03-31-09 01:11 PM
    Umm, technically, I was here before you! You hadn't posted yet when I started typing, so

03-31-09 01:14 PM
    the innocase is the best case i have owned. i have had one on my old iphone, 8320 and now on my 8900.

hands down worth every penny
    03-31-09 01:15 PM
    The texture is different than the silicone case.... no LINT at all when I put it in my pocket
    I second that! I love the Innocase and the fact that my phone is virtually free of dust. I just have to remember to put all my lint in my other pocket!
    03-31-09 01:16 PM
    Smithwicky you are a smarty pants!!!! Skull it was just preemptive stalking
    03-31-09 01:17 PM
    Still lint in those smarty pants pockets though!!!

LOL

Oh to one day join the rank of Genius with these fellow Crack heads! One day, one day!
    03-31-09 01:22 PM
    Still lint in those smarty pants pockets though!!!

LOL

Oh to one day join the rank of Genius with these fellow Crack heads! One day, one day!
    By the time you reach it, we'll be at Genius of Geniuses!!

03-31-09 01:27 PM
    Thank skullgame. I have some lemon juice here too if you would like to put some in my eye!

Rub it in good. LMAO!
    03-31-09 01:31 PM
    Yep...... lol

hey skull you are trailing behind!!!
    03-31-09 01:31 PM
    Damn, by the time I get to be a crackberry genius, the BB Curve 108900 will be out.
    03-31-09 02:02 PM
    [QUOTE=Kurtis Bertolami;2135467]I am currently using the OEM silicone for my 8900 that I bought at the T-mobile store. However, after seeing so many threads and posts that boast the innocase's superiority as a case I have been considering purchasing one. My concerns however are is it worth the price? Am I really going to be getting something out of the innocase that I can't get anywhere else? I do hate the dust and particles that my current silicone attracts, but that's something I can live with. Thanks in advanced for any advice anyone has to offer.

I've used all 3 - the one you have IN YOUR HAND is the best. Don't fall for the expensive case hype. I have a Seidio in my drawer I've never used because the TMO case is thicker, has more protective coverage, and it 20$ cheapuh. I bought a Seidio and put it on, took it off after holding it for a few minutes. Its just too thin and slippery for me. Its a beautiful case don't get me wrong, and it looks nice all new in the bottom of my drawer at work, its just not for me. The TMO case has the best all around coverage of all 3.
    03-31-09 02:08 PM
    Yep...... lol

hey skull you are trailing behind!!!
    That's cause I "work" for a living! I don't have time to welcome everybody all day!

03-31-09 02:14 PM
    Damn, by the time I get to be a crackberry genius, the BB Curve 108900 will be out.
    Excellent!

LOL!
    03-31-09 02:15 PM
    The case sold at the TMo is not the OEM version. The OEM version is sold elsewhere and has the BB logo on the back. The TMo version does not. I have both and I prefer the real OEM version (not TMo) because it's thinner and slightly easier to hit the keys located closest to the edges.

03-31-09 02:22 PM
    I've used all 3 - the one you have IN YOUR HAND is the best. Don't fall for the expensive case hype. I have a Seidio in my drawer I've never used because the TMO case is thicker, has more protective coverage, and it 20$ cheapuh. I bought a Seidio and put it on, took it off after holding it for a few minutes. Its just too thin and slippery for me. Its a beautiful case don't get me wrong, and it looks nice all new in the bottom of my drawer at work, its just not for me. The TMO case has the best all around coverage of all 3.
    I would sure like to see a picture of this TMO case, as it definitely isn't showing up online. I would definitely disagree about it being to slippery, it has the perfect amount of grip without being to sticky. I hope your are not referring to that clear plastic one that they sell in store; that thing is tacky looking, bulky, and feels like cheap plastic.

I have yet to see and feel a case that protects and looks as well as the Innocase II while not adding a lot of bulk. ****, the Innocase II is one of the thinnest cases I've seen, but still provides superior protection over every other case I've played with.
    Last edited by Icephyre; 03-31-09 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
    03-31-09 02:37 PM
    The Seidio case is great and it definitely does an excellent job at protecting your device. I had Seidio case on my 8310 previously to my 8900 and I can say that with the old design I felt it was over priced. Especially since you can purchase a complete replacement hosing from cnn for just around the same price as the Seidio case. I had decided I wasn't going purchase them again due to the price and the older clamshell design degraded over time poorly.

Then a friend of mine gave me an Innocase II for my 8900 and I can tell you it has been absolutely improved from the older design. Instead of a clamshell type design, it now slides on the phone from top to bottom and then attaches to a bottom piece. I think the new design is much more likely to stand the test of time over the old design.

The design improvements make the Innocase II worth the price in my opinion. I also think some members here at crackberry mentioned that you can find them on Amazon for $23 dollars or so. That price is absolutely worth it in my opinion.
    03-31-09 02:56 PM
    The TMO case is the black thick case that covers more of the 8900 than the OEM or the Seidio. It covers the logo and all the buttons. For me it ROCKS. I have a Seidio in the drawer. Its pretty, and well made, but too thin, less coverage, and I don't like the clamping mechanism, AND you cannot use a BSE with it at all. For me, the TMO case and BSE is hands down my personal favorite combo. Sorry, the Seidio leaves ALOT exposed compared to the TMO case. The OEM RIM case is way too thin and flimsy. I firggen love the TMO case. I really really really wanted to love the Seidio thats why I friggen bought it, but its just not for me. Theres a thread on a guy that decided he didn't like it either. To each his own. Mine will sit in the drawer with the RIM OEM until sold.
    Last edited by lazerus; 03-31-09 at 03:04 PM.
    03-31-09 03:02 PM
    I was just about to purchase the OEM silicone until I read this thread.. I guess I'll go with the innocase.
    03-31-09 03:05 PM
    I bought the TMO silicone at first while I waited for my innocase and it was nice, not terribly bulky but did like to fish for lint.

The innocase, otoh, only picks up lint on rare occasions and wipes of easily and feels sleeker in your hand. I definitely suggest the innocase as it is worth the money.
    03-31-09 03:09 PM
    The TMO case is the black thick case that covers more of the 8900 than the OEM or the Seidio. It covers the logo and all the buttons. For me it ROCKS. I have a Seidio in the drawer. Its pretty, and well made, but too thin, less coverage, and I don't like the clamping mechanism, AND you cannot use a BSE with it at all. For me, the TMO case and BSE is hands down my personal favorite combo. Sorry, the Seidio leaves ALOT exposed compared to the TMO case. The OEM RIM case is way too thin and flimsy. I firggen love the TMO case. I really really really wanted to love the Seidio thats why I friggen bought it, but its just not for me. Theres a thread on a guy that decided he didn't like it either. To each his own. Mine will sit in the drawer with the RIM OEM until sold.
    In that case, why not give away the Seidio case to another member here at Crackberry? At the very least, you can sell it to a member.
    03-31-09 03:14 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD