I am afraid I'm going to break my phone. I've seen some posts saying it was easy; I sure would appreciate some tips. I am fearful of the amount of force I am already applying without the lock around the volume control budging a bit. I think I'm just doing this wrong. What do you guys do?

Also, the front section is not lined with felt as the back is: is this correct, or did I get a bad unit? I don't want the commendably sturdy plastic scratching the front.

If the front was lined with felt, and I knew how to easily remove the case when I need to, I would feel it was an outstanding product. The fit is tight, the case seems sturdy though thin and light, and the holster is mostly excellent, though I'll have to remove a little material to see my led and recharge while holstered.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    01-15-09 05:15 PM
    The front is not lined with felt like the back.

As for removing the Innocase, it will require some strength and force. I removed my case over 10 times and its still strong and did not break. So just remove it and there will be no problems. I even bent and twisted the case.
    01-15-09 05:44 PM
    Yes, the front is not lined with felt. I put on pieces of the InvisiShield where it was not covered but the case does not fit so well anymore. It is not difficult for me to get off at all (nor was it before the InvisiShield), You just have to start opening it from around the volume rocker. Trust me it is not that hard.

On a similar note, the top of my Inno1 never did sit flush together, does anyone else's have this problem?

-Cyrus
    01-15-09 06:20 PM
    Yes, the front is not lined with felt. I put on pieces of the InvisiShield where it was not covered but the case does not fit so well anymore. It is not difficult for me to get off at all (nor was it before the InvisiShield), You just have to start opening it from around the volume rocker. Trust me it is not that hard.

-Cyrus
    Hmm. Well, mine was. I did get it off, but I had more success squeezing (with consdierable force--I have very strong hands) near the top. After prying from the top, one of the clips at the volume rocker came loose. After applying more not insubstantial force, and with some jiggering, the lower clip at the volume rocker came loose.

I guess I may have to make allowance for slight differences in tolerance between molded plastic parts of the same make and model. The locks near the rocker were rock solid with no give, while most of the rest of the joints would move a bit. Perhaps with repetition the lockup will grow less alarmingly tight, but I don't want to use that much force very often.

Seems like much ado about little, but like I said, I have very strong hands, and don't want to break phone.

Bummer on the felt-less front.

Nearly marvelous product.
    01-15-09 06:41 PM
    Mine is on pretty damn tight. I'm 6'7'' and 225 pounds with huge hands ... and I'm not sure I'll be able to get the case off.

Fantastic product though.
    01-15-09 06:46 PM
    I found that if you find pry near the
    middle on the top half of the case it will pop off pretty easy wbd will go back with ease

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 06:55 PM
    Drop it...works for me! ;-)
    06-16-09 03:04 PM
    Drop it...works for me! ;-)
    Very True. Or...

You can get one of these:
    Pry Tool for Plastic Cases & Faceplates - Blue - Free Shipping.

Or just use a cuticle cutter which is like $.99. I grabbed an image of one here:

Google Image Result for http://www.latedabeautybar.com/images/product/bt-Pushy.JPG

But you can get one at any drug store cheap.

Use either to just pry open the case from any opening, like the volume Rocker.
    06-16-09 03:11 PM
    What's so hard? You just pry the top section out sideways with your finger nail and lift it off. Inspect it when it's off and you'll see the 2 little hooks on either side that latch it in place. You don't need to apply any force!
    06-16-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD