I am just unable to make a decision... and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of these!
    The Innocase 360 is smaller, feels more "normal" in terms of size... but the keyboard lighting up is not great... also it comes without the holster so 55 dollars in total...
    The Otterbox Defender is bigger, more protected, and about 20 bucks cheaper (if you get it from buy.com or ebay) since it comes with the holster already... Do they still have the charging issue with the area for the usb being too tight?
    Anybody have side by side pics of the Tour with each case?
    Tougher decision than I expected...
    What do y'all think?
    Dav
    09-29-09 06:59 PM
    I have not tried the Innocase, but I did bring home the Defender for my Wife. She likes to slide hers in her purse, and what I liked about the Defender is that is has nice keyboard wrap and seals nicely on the phone. My biggest worry is that her purse bottom will accumulate dust and debris (We are active Baseball/Band parents) which will get in the phone. She hated it for it's "clunkiness" and eventually agreed to keep it in it's OEM case when in her purse. I sported the Defender for a few days, and liked the rugged look and feel, but since I am more careful, and mostly indoors at work I decided to pass, luckily I have the luxury of "testing" items we are considering for our Radio Shack. If you need serious protection I would say Defender is good.
    09-29-09 11:44 PM
    Seidio online has the 360 in a "combo" deal where u get the case and holster for around 50 bucks.
    09-30-09 12:47 AM
    I would definitely choose Otter Box mate.
    09-30-09 04:22 AM
    While I do not have the Seidio, I have the Defender. However it is for the Bold. I like the three layers of protection the Defender gives. I am careful with my "toys", but since this was given to me by the employer, I have to be even more careful since they are following the "break it, bought it" rule. I really feel my device could take a fall down a flight of concrete steps and survive with just some scratches on the housings.
    09-30-09 06:17 AM
    Since I don't use a holster (I keep it in my pocket), I prefer the 360. The increase in size with the otter box makes it less attractive for me as a result.
    I think the keyboard lighting through the case on the 360 is actually pretty good...
    09-30-09 07:42 AM
    I am just unable to make a decision... and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of these!
    The Innocase 360 is smaller, feels more "normal" in terms of size... but the keyboard lighting up is not great... also it comes without the holster so 55 dollars in total...
    The Otterbox Defender is bigger, more protected, and about 20 bucks cheaper (if you get it from buy.com or ebay) since it comes with the holster already... Do they still have the charging issue with the area for the usb being too tight?
    Anybody have side by side pics of the Tour with each case?
    Tougher decision than I expected...
    What do y'all think?
    Dav
    The issue with the charging port being too small has been fixed. Only the real early ones had the issue before Otterbox fixed it (and sent out new ones to people free of charge along with an Impact case).

I've never had a Innocase, so I can't comment on them. But, I really like my Defender case. It does add bulk, which seems to be a deal breaker for some. But for me, it's no big deal. And it gives me the confidence that it's protected whether I carry it in the holster, in my pocket, backpack, or wherever.
    09-30-09 07:54 AM
    If you need real protection because of your job or lifestyle then I would go with the Otterbox hands down.

If you just want to keep your phone from getting dirty, scratch free and protection aginst a minor drop than the 360 is a good choice.
    09-30-09 08:08 AM
    Riton, I would recommend the Innocase 360. You should only buy the Otterbox if you really need maximum protection, otherwise the 360 will do the job but in a much smaller package. The keyboard lighting isn't that bad. You can still make out the keys, it's just not as bright without the case on. I would not let that affect your decision. I know it's expensive, but it's also an investment for your device that helps it last much longer.
    09-30-09 08:32 AM
    Just out of curiosity, would I NEED the holster they sell with the smaller cases? Or would they fit ok in one of my 2 OEM Blackberry holsters? (the one that came with the Tour/Side pouch)
    Last edited by DougFNJ; 09-30-09 at 10:04 AM.
    09-30-09 09:55 AM
    Just out of curiosity, would I NEED the holster they sell with the smaller cases? Or would they fit ok in one of my 2 OEM Blackberry holsters? (the one that came with the Tour/Side pouch)
    The 360 fits in the OEM cases but it's a pretty tight fit and doesn't slide in and out easily due to the size and soft touch finish. Not sure if using it regularly would help by stretching the case. I do have an SPE hard plastic case that seems bulkier but slides in and out pretty well since it is a hard plastic and not soft touch.

The Otterbox most definitely won't fit in an OEM case.
    09-30-09 11:28 AM
    Basically I'm a full time college student at Boston College,the weather here can get a little harsh, and I just can't afford to mess this baby up!
    I have no problem with carrying my BBTour with the Defender on in my jacket pocket, or in a sealed compartment in my bag, or with the holster, when necessary. When the weather is fine and such i still have my Epik case.
    Also, do they both cover the camera area with transparent protection?
    That basically brings me to the price issue.
    The Defender is on sale for 40 bucks in quite a few places, including the crackberry store (10 bucks less than the official otterbox store), but are those (crackberry, buy.com, cellguru, etc...) still the old model or the newer fixed one? Anybody have a clue or do i have to call one by one?
    Is there a better deal than the 50 dollar "combo" on the seidio site for the 360 + holster?
    I'm no construction worker, just a clumsy, busy, bad-weather-living, college student who can't afford to have drops/rain/snow/dirt/anything mess up my Tour, and I'm ready to deal with a little bulk because it just seems the Innocase 360 doesn't offer that kind of all-around protection (as it doesn't cover side buttons and such as well as the Defender).
    I hate worrying about it being in my pocket cuz of all the dust and dirt in the first place...
    09-30-09 12:26 PM
    Basically I'm a full time college student at Boston College,the weather here can get a little harsh, and I just can't afford to mess this baby up!
    I have no problem with carrying my BBTour with the Defender on in my jacket pocket, or in a sealed compartment in my bag, or with the holster, when necessary. When the weather is fine and such i still have my Epik case.
    Also, do they both cover the camera area with transparent protection?
    That basically brings me to the price issue.
    The Defender is on sale for 40 bucks in quite a few places, including the crackberry store (10 bucks less than the official otterbox store), but are those (crackberry, buy.com, cellguru, etc...) still the old model or the newer fixed one? Anybody have a clue or do i have to call one by one?
    Is there a better deal than the 50 dollar "combo" on the seidio site for the 360 + holster?
    I'm no construction worker, just a clumsy, busy, bad-weather-living, college student who can't afford to have drops/rain/snow/dirt/anything mess up my Tour, and I'm ready to deal with a little bulk because it just seems the Innocase 360 doesn't offer that kind of all-around protection (as it doesn't cover side buttons and such as well as the Defender).
    I hate worrying about it being in my pocket cuz of all the dust and dirt in the first place...
    Damn man I'm a full time college student as well, but it sounds rough in Boston! I guess the Otterbox will be the better fit for you if you definitely need maximum protection (covering the side buttons seems a little extreme to me, but whatever floats your boat!). I just think you might see the bulkiness and start to regret your choice. As for any sales on the combo; you'll be hard pressed to find anything cheaper anywhere you look.
    09-30-09 12:40 PM
    Update: Otterbox.com told me that it was about a month ago they "fixed" that issue on the Defender... which basically leaves me with the awkward task of calling the cheaper stores to ask them if they have the newer or older one eh? For ten bucks... not fun...
    I just keep my phone in pockets where usually are my cigarettes and other smokeables which leaves bits and pieces, and not only that but I somehow tend to accumulate dust and other particles of dust and crap. I'd hate to have issues because of that. I just had a close call with the trackball and keyboard where it took a good deal of compressed-air-can-power to clean up something that had gotten trapped under...
    Does the Innocase 360 cover the camera and flash?
    I'm pretty sure the Otterbox Defender does right.
    Update 2: The otterbox does cover, and the innocase 360 does NOT cover the camera... another point for the otterbox.
    Also crackberry.com has confirmed me they sell the fixed Otterbox Defender... i guess if i don't get a reply from the 35$ deals (buy.com) ill get it from crackberry for 45 including shipping.
    Last edited by Riton; 09-30-09 at 01:15 PM.
    09-30-09 12:40 PM
    I've got the otterbox and innocase II... While they are both great cases, I tend to use the innocase II more because of the smaller size. Also, the holster for the Seidio cases are the best available.
    09-30-09 01:46 PM
    yeah but you have to buy them separately... an extra investment...
    09-30-09 05:53 PM
    Otterbox is just too clunky and big for my taste, but it's all personal preference. If ultimate protection is your goal, get the otterbox. If medium protection and style is more your thing, get the Seidio. Some say Seidio is overpriced, but I really believe their stuff is worth the extra money.
    09-30-09 06:05 PM
    I do think that for the amount of protection the 360 provides (i mean let's be honest, it's the regular old protector with the extra plasticky on the screen (got a phantom skinz anyway) and keyboard protection. Nothing for the sides, hard plastic, but yes, it looks way way way better.
    Now do i care about looks... not really. People at BC are way too rich anyway to be impressed by a blackberry...
    Im leaning towards the otterbox...
    any better place to purchase the defender from experience?
    10-01-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD