11-29-07 08:59 PM
28 12
tools
    Hi,

I am not sure I see the point of the included leather case with the phone. Does anyone find it useful ? I find it inconvenient to put in and take out. And in addition I am not sure of the protection it offers.
    11-24-07 03:19 PM
    I used it for a while. Actually performed some surgery on it and took the flap off and I'd use it to hold my phone while I was a work. Now I have a Best Skin Ever on it and if I want an extra layer of protection I have a silicone skin for it as well.
    11-24-07 03:38 PM
    It just simply sucked. I thought I was going to break my pearl putting it in.
    11-24-07 03:43 PM
    I like the case it came with

I'm not sure whether the case provided with the phone varies from one network carrier to the next, but I like the sleeve that came with my 8130 (Bell Canada).
    I think this case offers good protect whilst still allowing the user to quickly access and use the phone in an unhindered manner.

It has some simple, yet neat, features:

Protective Groove
    The additional stitched panel with BlackBerry logo at the front (I think Azeis called the flap?) creates a groove that prevents damage to the Trackball when you slot in the phone in the case. I think this is a very thoughtful design from BlackBerry (or whoever was commisioned to design the case!).

Magnet
    Also, of course, a magnet is incorporated to enable the phone to alter it's function when slotted into the case e.g.
    automatically hangup calls
    automatically lock the keys
    transform to a louder ringtone etc.

Also, aside from the case, I re-cut the protective plastic film from the back of the phone and carefully fitted it as a screen protector!
    Last edited by Squink; 11-24-07 at 04:48 PM.
    11-24-07 04:37 PM
    Ya, I cut the flap off too. It is now like a more secure holster the old school BBs came with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-07 05:07 PM
    I am cool w/ the case my 8800 came with. Again, it prob varies per carrier also.
    11-24-07 05:33 PM
    I used the Leather sleeve for about 4 days. Then I went back to the Verizon store and bought a black silicone case. Much nicer.
    11-25-07 12:29 PM
    I like the sleeve which came with my curve...Protects the trackball n the sleeper magnet conserves battery life
    11-25-07 01:16 PM
    I didn't like that case at all. I went out and bough a holster and am very satisfied with it.
    11-25-07 01:20 PM
    I like, not love, but I liked the sleeve. I don't like how I can't clip it to my hip. I bought a leather case and I HATE it. I can't type on it good. I have to make sure I have to lock my BB or I'm calling someone. I wish they would give us a good case that has a flap that goes over it to hold it in the case.

Click
    11-25-07 01:56 PM
    11-25-07 03:31 PM
    WOW! thats sexy! Im going to order it right now!
    Thanks,

Click
    11-25-07 03:35 PM
    11-25-07 03:37 PM
    you have about as much self control as me....

-db
    11-25-07 03:37 PM
    The one that came with the 8320 is terrible.
    11-25-07 03:39 PM
    That skin is nice looking and cheap too. I like the leather pouch that came with my 8130 but there is no clip...although I usually put mine in the shirt pocket anyway. What I didn't like about it was having to grab the front ond back of the BB to pull it out. So I ordered a Seneca leather pouch right here at Crackberry that has the "dips" on the sides so you can grab it that way. It also has a clip:
    Sena Cases Vertical Pouch Case | BlackBerry Top Pouches | BlackBerry Cases | ShopCrackBerry

I might have to get one of those black skins though too!
    11-25-07 05:11 PM
    cory...i have that sena case...its awesome

it was a little tight,,, so i had to stretch it out with some index cards cut to fit and stuffed inside for a few days...worked like a charm...

-db
    11-25-07 05:33 PM
    Daddy,

I have been thinking of buying the Sena case too. I also have a skin on my 8130, which I really like, but I guess you answered my question of the BB fitting into the Sena with the skin still on.

Maybe I can buy a Sena for a slightly larger model BB (8300?) & then have enough room to fit with the skin.
    11-25-07 05:38 PM
    it still will never work well doug...the rubber skin creates so much drag you will always be fighting it in and out of the case...

the only thing that i have seen that works with the skin is the holster like the seidio holster for skinned berrys.....

-db
    11-25-07 06:03 PM
    Thanks for the info Daddy.

I'm using the case that came with my Pearl & the skin. I know what you're talking about with drag. It's pretty tough to get it out of the BB pocket.
    11-25-07 06:08 PM
    try this....

Seidio Skinned Shield Holster | BlackBerry Holsters | BlackBerry Cases | ShopCrackBerry

-db

thats what I use... its sweet and its got a hemi in it...
    11-25-07 06:11 PM
    did you get it from crackberry? Do you know if someone else may have one? Because The case is sold out from crackberry....
    11-25-07 07:12 PM
    click...

I actually got mine from..

CRYSTAL / RUBBERIZED / SKIN CASE HOLSTER FOR 8100 - HLBB8100ASC

-db

its exactly the same except it comes straight from seidio...
    11-25-07 07:23 PM
    Thanks for the info db...I ordered the Crock Black one and I see it isn't listed any more...I must have got the last one! They are $10 more at the Sena website than Crackberry.
    11-25-07 08:02 PM
    cory...i have that sena case...its awesome

it was a little tight,,, so i had to stretch it out with some index cards cut to fit and stuffed inside for a few days...worked like a charm...

-db
    Hey daddybear...I just received my case today (man is it tight); and I love the design and look...BUT mine doesn't seem to work with the "sleep function" of my 8130. Does yours turn off when you slip it in the case?
    11-29-07 07:19 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD