09-14-11 11:42 AM
146 12345 ...
tools
    Its from the stitching on the fabric around the outer edge where the two materials meet. Mine is coming from where the curve starts on the magnetic flap, so when you slide the devise into the holster it rubs along that. to use the holster properly you must slide the device into it with the screen facing the belt clip, that is the only way the magnet in the hulster activates the sleep mode on the device
    08-30-11 12:37 PM
    I call bs on this. You must still have the packing film on the screen. I have used the holster everyday since launch and no scratches. I even have had it in backwards the whole time. No way thread would cause it. Make sure your thread isn't metal wire.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 01:04 PM
    I call bs on this. You must still have the packing film on the screen. I have used the holster everyday since launch and no scratches. I even have had it in backwards the whole time. No way thread would cause it. Make sure your thread isn't metal wire.

Are you kidding me right now!!! Don't you think it would be obvious if the protective film from the factor is left on,

No, it was removed!!! not intentionally thou. I specifically left it on until I could locate a screen protector that my carrier had none of, that is until it peeled off after removing it from the holster on Saturday, so that's only after 3day of use and it show obvious signs of wear!

So you can call all the BS you want, why would we make up this kind of ridiculous claim!!!
    Last edited by Ducati-88; 08-30-11 at 01:26 PM.
    08-30-11 01:22 PM

Try locking your screen and then clean if off and then look before you call BS on anyone's claims of damage. they might be hard to see at first but with the screen totally black they are very obvious.
    08-30-11 01:24 PM
    I have been using the provided holster on my 9930 for over a week and I pull it in and out at least 20 times a day. I just nervously checked both front and back sides of the phone and both or completely scratch free.
    lovin2act likes this.
    08-30-11 01:33 PM
    Same here.

i been using mine in the case that came with the bold and the screen actually looks fine.i like the case that come's with it
    i never used screen protector's on any of my bb's
    08-30-11 01:57 PM
    I called my carrier again and they suggested to return it for a new one since I am well within the product guarantee time period, so I will be returning my device today to exchange it for a new one and then going to a competitor carrier for a screen protector ASAP to avoid this issue again!!
    08-30-11 01:59 PM
    Its from the stitching on the fabric around the outer edge where the two materials meet. Mine is coming from where the curve starts on the magnetic flap, so when you slide the devise into the holster it rubs along that. to use the holster properly you must slide the device into it with the screen facing the belt clip, that is the only way the magnet in the hulster activates the sleep mode on the device
    The magnet works for me facing out.
    lovin2act likes this.
    08-30-11 02:01 PM
    Good news. After going in and showing them what the case did, they acknowledged the marking/scratching and are replacing it. The holster is now in the garbage.

And @jay, why on earth would I make this up?

The scratching is evident. It's there. Wiping it with included cloth polishes it up nice and with the screen off, you can't miss it. I must still have the packing film on still though...

Right... I'm too stupid to know the difference.
    Last edited by BMizracha; 08-30-11 at 02:12 PM.
    08-30-11 02:06 PM
    Grats.

So it was the holster that did this and not the oem pouch? Anyone had issue with that?
    08-30-11 02:20 PM
    The original plastic cover that came on the phone is not ment to be used as a screen protector and scratches MUCH more easily than your screen would. Just because it got marked up does not mean your screen would have had the same marks had you initially removed it.
    not implying that I'm using it as a screen protector. I am just noting that the case did make a etching and therefore could have done the same on the phone itself.
    08-30-11 02:24 PM
    oem pouch works fine here, have both the leather oem pouch (texturized and the simple one)
    08-30-11 02:33 PM
    This is the include holster with the ratchet style belt clip.
    08-30-11 02:34 PM
    This one:

Notice the stitching pattern at the top of the case in the shape of an upside down bowl. That stitching comes through on the other side with no protection and nothing covering it. After sliding it in and out and friction, the pattern ended up on the screen.
    08-30-11 02:34 PM
    Mine doesn't look like that. Uk here on Voda.
    08-30-11 03:05 PM
    Mine doesn't look like that. Uk here on Voda.
    That's because the carriers are who provides them not RIM
    08-30-11 03:11 PM
    You can see where the lining is stitched though in this one. No marks as yet on my screen. I face the phone out so i can see the led.

08-30-11 03:11 PM
    That's because the carriers are who provides them not RIM
    Ah.. Ok. Learnt something new. So they package them up in the box you get the phone in? Seems an odd way to do things.
    08-30-11 03:13 PM
    Either way OP - hope you get a good device and you're happy with it. I just ordered BestSkinsEver for it and waiting patiently for a good holster for a naked device. Seidio says no eta but working on it. I've never liked cases or sleeves....
    08-30-11 03:15 PM
    You can see where the lining is stitched though in this one. No marks as yet on my screen. I face the phone out so i can see the led.

On your pouch the stitching is recessed. It falls back, which is a good thing. On this cast that I have, it doesn't do that.
    08-30-11 05:28 PM
    you can still scratch Gorilla Glass, but it's pretty tough. I agree with BGK, take it back and ask for another one, and get a screen protect on that bad boy asap!

Speaking of screen protects, will the 9000 version fit the 9900? No one seems to have the 9900 screen protector in stock...
    08-30-11 07:27 PM
    Good news. After going in and showing them what the case did, they acknowledged the marking/scratching and are replacing it. The holster is now in the garbage.

And @jay, why on earth would I make this up?

The scratching is evident. It's there. Wiping it with included cloth polishes it up nice and with the screen off, you can't miss it. I must still have the packing film on still though...

Right... I'm too stupid to know the difference.
    Just seems completely unbelievable to me. The only explanation I can think of is that the thread has some residue or chemical that is etching the glass, since this is not a scratch.

08-30-11 07:47 PM
    I remember something similar when I had the blackberry storm. I bought a holster and screen protector for it. The holder eventually marked up the keys and bezel. Won't use another holster for just the phone again because of it. I prefer my cloth psp case.

08-30-11 08:15 PM
    Wait so your suppose to put the phone in the other way? I thought the way holster is designed the led is suppose to be exposed :@

Anyway like some kept plastic film on mine and yes there is etching on film.

08-30-11 08:56 PM
    Hey BMizracha,

While my bad luck hasn't reached the heights of a permanently damaged screen. I used my OEM case versus the holster, and a nice one at that, I purchased from Sprint. Shortly after using it, I noticed a small scratch on my battery door and HIT the ceiling and IMMEDIATELY slammed the thing back into the box from whence it came - LMAO. It may be attributed to the desire to have such a thin profile without adding too much bulk to the phone while it is being carried in the case. Sorry to hear the faulty OEM case reached that level.
    08-30-11 09:22 PM
146 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD