07-22-09 02:01 PM
31 12
tools
    Thanks to the gap09 code that's been floating around, I purchased not one, but two cases from Incipio. I bought the Silicrylic (white) and Feather (blue) and so far, I've just put on the Silicrylic case.

I like the way it looks and it's not as bulky as it looked in the pictures. I'll post some pictures later but I just wanted to know if anybody is experiencing the same thing I am.

Upon putting the cover on, my touch screen doesn't seem to recognize my touch. I can click it but the screen refuses to wake up. When the screen is locked and the screen is turned off, when I push any of the 4 buttons, it would light up the screen and say "Screen is locked. Press the Lock button to unlock." But since putting on the case, the four buttons wouldn't wake up the screen. The only thing I can do is unlock it by pushing the lock button on top. Sometimes, I just want to bring the screen back up to check the time without unlocking the screen.

Anybody else experience this?
    04-21-09 06:18 PM
    Yep, i'm returning mine. My replacement did it too. Really bizarre. Others have mentioned it too.
    04-21-09 06:27 PM
    That's weird!
    Do either of you have anyth
    ing behind the battery? I.e business card etc or played with the torx screws

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BrianW2007; 04-21-09 at 06:31 PM.
    04-21-09 06:28 PM
    I've had the Silicrylic case for about a month now...have not had that problem. I had the Incipio I case and leather holster combo...the case was loose on the left side and a nightmare to get off. IT affected my screen click, but not the incipio case. Dropped this twice on my hardwood floor and not an issue. Great protection. I even use the Seidio leather holster with the sleep function from the Innocase...incipio fits perfect in it!

04-21-09 06:59 PM
    That's crazy! I have the black Incipio Silicrylic Case, and haven't experienced those problems. I can't imagine what would do that.

I love the case and the only downside I've had is it is a pain to get on and off when you need to do a battery pull.
    04-21-09 07:01 PM
    That's weird!
    Do either of you have anyth
    ing behind the battery? I.e business card etc or played with the torx screws

Actually, I have the business card underneath the battery. I had felt pad but that was a little too thick so I changed to the business card. Click works like a charm.

Is it the business card that may be causing this with the case?
    04-21-09 07:15 PM
    That was my finding
    Actually, I have the business card underneath the battery. I had felt pad but that was a little too thick so I changed to the business card. Click works like a charm.

Is it the business card that may be causing this with the case?
    04-21-09 07:55 PM
    I had to do both the torx fix and the business card to get a good click and mine still works fine in the case

04-21-09 08:10 PM
    I have a black silicrylic case and with my first storm I had that problem, but with my second replacement one I got it doesn't do it now. I am thinking that when you first get it that it will do that, but the more you take it on and off it stretches out a bit so it doesn't do it anymore. I say just give it a few weeks and take it on and off just once in a while and that should fix it, because when I first put mine on it did that and now it doesn't and it did seem tight on there the first time.
    04-21-09 09:00 PM
    The touch screen issue is probably from the right convienence key being held down by the case. I fixed it by taking a knife and cutting out a bit of the silicone from the inside of the case over the key.

04-21-09 09:05 PM
    is the "ultralight feather slim form fitted case" the same as the blackberry silicone skin?

So is this:
    Incipio

the same as this:

Blackberry
    04-21-09 09:28 PM
    no, the feather is not silicone. its a hard material that fits the storm
    is the "ultralight feather slim form fitted case" the same as the blackberry silicone skin?

So is this:
    Incipio

the same as this:

Blackberry
    04-21-09 09:35 PM
    No this Storm is completely stock - no screw changes or business card or anything since I got this replacement.
    04-21-09 09:49 PM
    Thanks to the gap09 code that's been floating around, I purchased not one, but two cases from Incipio. I bought the Silicrylic (white) and Feather (blue) and so far, I've just put on the Silicrylic case.

I like the way it looks and it's not as bulky as it looked in the pictures. I'll post some pictures later but I just wanted to know if anybody is experiencing the same thing I am.

Upon putting the cover on, my touch screen doesn't seem to recognize my touch. I can click it but the screen refuses to wake up. When the screen is locked and the screen is turned off, when I push any of the 4 buttons, it would light up the screen and say "Screen is locked. Press the Lock button to unlock." But since putting on the case, the four buttons wouldn't wake up the screen. The only thing I can do is unlock it by pushing the lock button on top. Sometimes, I just want to bring the screen back up to check the time without unlocking the screen.

i suuure did have the same problem, i ended up just puttin my regular body glove silicon case on back again. It did it when i recieved calls txtz emails etc, tried it on my gf's storm and it did the same thing, iunno why????
    04-22-09 12:27 AM
    So it looks like some Storms work perfectly with this case and some don't regardless of whether there is business card or felt pad behind the battery.

I am willing to give it a few weeks but I don't know what Incipio would do if I called them couple months later and tell them that I cannot use my Storm with the case and I want a refund (or a replacement). I am confident that they will take care of me though.

Maybe I should go for a replacement Storm first?
    04-22-09 08:01 PM
    By the way, Incipio, if you're reading this... I love the case. I bought both the feather and Silicrylic and haven't put on the Feather yet. So far, I love the Silicrylic except for the fact that it's hard to click the screen and/or hard to press the buttons. I mean... it's not hard to press the button but the push on the button is not recognized by the phone.
    04-22-09 08:03 PM
    By the way, Incipio, if you're reading this... I love the case. I bought both the feather and Silicrylic and haven't put on the Feather yet. So far, I love the Silicrylic except for the fact that it's hard to click the screen and/or hard to press the buttons. I mean... it's not hard to press the button but the push on the button is not recognized by the phone.
    Hi Wangster -

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you like the cases. If you would like to contact our customer service department and explain the issue you are having with the SILICRYLIC, they would be more than happy to find a solution for you!
    04-23-09 12:57 PM
    The touch screen issue is probably from the right convienence key being held down by the case. I fixed it by taking a knife and cutting out a bit of the silicone from the inside of the case over the key.

Thank you very much! I tried to do what you did but I've got clumsy fingers so I ended up cutting the cover itself that's covering the right convenience key. So far, my Storm works like a charm. I removed the pieces of paper I had behind my battery to see if that'd help but it didn't. After I cut out the cover for the right convenience key, I put the paper back in and still works like a charm.

Thanks for your comment.

04-23-09 07:57 PM
    Upon putting the cover on, my touch screen doesn't seem to recognize my touch. I can click it but the screen refuses to wake up.

I just got the feather yesterday. Once I put it on, I am unable to click the screen. I do not have any mods to the phone.

Very dissapointing. I do love the fit and feel of the case, but it renders the phone useless for me with it on.
    04-30-09 08:47 AM
    are these worth it
    04-30-09 03:02 PM
    Just received a PM from Incipio. There must have been a design flaw with their Silicrylic Case and it would press on the right convenience key too hard on some Storms. It seems like they're aware of the issue that some people are experiencing and are fixing it.

I wouldn't have expected anybody to let me know that they're fixing the problem but the fact that they did makes me want to do business with them again.

I just got the feather yesterday. Once I put it on, I am unable to click the screen. I do not have any mods to the phone.

Very dissapointing. I do love the fit and feel of the case, but it renders the phone useless for me with it on.
    Contact their customer service and I'm sure they'll take care of you right away.

are these worth it
    Incipio's customer service itself is worth it.
    04-30-09 04:10 PM

I've had the Feather sitting around since I was still enjoying my Silicrylic. Since I saw your post, I decided to give the Feather a try. Mine seems to work perfectly. All areas of the screen click the way it does without the case on. I do have a few small pieces of paper behind the battery to make it click better.
    04-30-09 05:06 PM
    I carry my Storm in a holster everyday...do either of these cases work in a holster. I have a silicone skin but it doesn't slide in and out of the holster very well at all. I'm looking for something I can customize the color of my storm with but still use my holster. Help!
    05-10-09 09:32 PM
    I carry my Storm in a holster everyday...do either of these cases work in a holster. I have a silicone skin but it doesn't slide in and out of the holster very well at all. I'm looking for something I can customize the color of my storm with but still use my holster. Help!
    Are you able to cram the phone in with a silicone skin, just not easily? I'd say if you can shove it in there, the Feather should fit and slide easily, but don't quote me on it. I have a horizontal one and there is no way I'd fit my Storm with a silicone skin in it, but my Storm + Feather fits easily.
    05-10-09 09:37 PM
    That's crazy! I have the black Incipio Silicrylic Case, and haven't experienced those problems. I can't imagine what would do that.

I love the case and the only downside I've had is it is a pain to get on and off when you need to do a battery pull.
    Instead of a battery pull, use quickpull

05-10-09 09:40 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD