There has been some questioning lately about the fit of the Incipio Feather in various cradles, so I just wanted to post my findings in regards to the Seidio cradle.

The fit is generally very good, but just a tiny bit loose. Not necessarily a bad thing though since it makes it easy to get the phone in and out of the cradle. The only issue is that the little pedestal for the male USB plug in the cradle is a little too tall for the Feather, so the Storm rocks left to right a little bit. I didn't like that because I was afraid it would eventually loosen up the charging port inside the Storm. So, I found a simple solution. I had a small piece of thin velcro (the soft fuzzy side) that I cut a couple small pieces out of and installed into the bottom of the cradle. You can see them in the photo. They were just enough thickness to stop the rocking, but thin enough so the Storm seats fully on the charging plug. Now the fit is PERFECT and there's a nice, soft bump stop in the bottom of the cradle!

And again, for those wondering, the OEM cradle is too small for the Feather unless you alter it with a Dremel or something.

I also want to comment on the Seidio cradle itself. I have to say it looks WAY better in person than on their website. Their photos of it make it look kind of cheap, but it's not. It's very nicely made. Also, while I would prefer the light behind the Storm like on the OEM, the green light on front of the Seidio really isn't that bright and I don't think I'll find it annoying.

The pics!

05-20-09 04:58 PM
    is it a charging light? Does it stay on the whole time? Does it change to red?
    05-20-09 05:27 PM
    It's just solid green all the time, which is fine with me. Wouldn't mind if it changed colors, but it's fine this way. I'm just glad it doesn't blink!
    05-20-09 06:05 PM
    do you like that case? i have the clear silicon one from verizon from the first day that the phone came out. i seem to like it, but the feather is definitely sleeker
    05-20-09 06:12 PM
    do you like that case? i have the clear silicon one from verizon from the first day that the phone came out. i seem to like it, but the feather is definitely sleeker
    I love the Feather because it doesn't change the look and sleek lines of the phone and it's not bulky. It's also one piece. I have two of them; one red, and one black. I actually sanded the bezel down to the black plastic, so when the black one is on it pretty much just looks like the phone with a black bezel since no silver shows or anything. It's got a really nice soft and smooth feel too.

here's a pic with the black Feather. Note: The other Storm actually has a red painted bezel...that's not the red Feather.

05-20-09 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD