With a little modification to BLACK INNER CASING and some spacing and modification to the USB Post, it now seats and charges!!!! Still works naked!!

I will try and post picks this weekend, but I am busy with Red Wing game tonite and kid activities.....but here is what I did:

Remove rubber base and remove 6 screws.

Remove black inner casing and remove the left and right edges (ears). This is the material that is blocking from being inserted all the way. Then use exacto knife to fine tune it.

I did all this put back together and everything fit perfectly....HOWEVER it was not seating enough to catch the FULL USB Penetration. I disassembled again and removed about 1mm of the front posts, added spacer under PLASTIC USB mounts and a little fine tuning and it worked.

FYI - When looking at it, you can not tell as the material removed is perfectly aligned with the SILVER portion so it looks seamless!!!!

GOBLUE AND GOWINGS!!!!!
    05-01-09 02:32 PM
    Here is a quick picture in case I do not have time this weekend.

ImageShack
    05-01-09 02:37 PM
    wow good job, you have more pictures
    05-16-09 12:57 PM
    Wow, I thought about doing that, but then figured I'd booger it up so I ordered the Seidio docks and decided to sell the BB docks. Cool you got it t work. Oh, I did try modifying ne of those portrait docks with the batt charger in back and totally desteoyed it...lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 01:40 PM
    Sorry guys been in Vegas. Just got back and will post some more info after I catch up at work (maybe end of week).

GO WINGS!!!!
    05-20-09 09:29 AM
    Sounds like I could use this trick, would love to see a slightly more indepth procedure/pics. Thanks!
    06-08-09 03:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD