I added Incipio as a "friend" on Facebook awhile ago and saw an update by them today concerning a Feather case for the Nintendo DSi. So it dawned on me to ask them if they have any plans to create a case for the Tour when it comes out. I posted on their wall and this is the response I received.

"Incipio Technologies at 7:36pm June 22
    Yes! We are creating a line of products for the BlackBerry Tour. So far the line includes our popular Feather, dermaSHOT and Silicrylic. Look forward to them in the future and thank you for your support!"

Yes! for anyone that uses the Feather of Silicrylic (I have never tried the dermaSHOT) this is great news, hopefully they pump these out faster than they did with the Storm, it felt like it took them ages tog et that done. Considering the Tour is a multi-provider phone and it's a more traditional style phone I figure it will be much faster. Just wanted to let all of the other Incipio fans know of the news!
    06-22-09 10:20 PM
    I added Incipio as a "friend" on Facebook awhile ago and saw an update by them today concerning a Feather case for the Nintendo DSi. So it dawned on me to ask them if they have any plans to create a case for the Tour when it comes out. I posted on their wall and this is the response I received.

"Incipio Technologies at 7:36pm June 22
    Yes! We are creating a line of products for the BlackBerry Tour. So far the line includes our popular Feather, dermaSHOT and Silicrylic. Look forward to them in the future and thank you for your support!"

Yes! for anyone that uses the Feather of Silicrylic (I have never tried the dermaSHOT) this is great news, hopefully they pump these out faster than they did with the Storm, it felt like it took them ages tog et that done. Considering the Tour is a multi-provider phone and it's a more traditional style phone I figure it will be much faster. Just wanted to let all of the other Incipio fans know of the news!

hey great thinking on asking them .. they seem to have some nice cases I haven't owned one yet but might consider it here..
    06-22-09 10:54 PM
    I would highly suggest it, the cases are very well made and very stylish to boot, I have gone with them and never looked back. The Feather is a SUPER thin and good looking case for every day scratch protection while the Silicrylic case is a silicone sleeve with an integrated acrylic case. The combo basically leaves you with a case that goes into the pocket easily but has great screen and shock protection because of the silicone.
    06-23-09 07:15 AM
    Great cases just don't buy white.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 07:52 AM
    Why? I have a white Feather and a white Silicrylic, both are fine after about 4 or 5 months.
    06-23-09 09:31 AM
    I've never had any of these cases and i was curious about how much bulk the silicryllic case would add to the overall size of the phone? Is it still fairly slim or does it add a lot to the overall size?

06-23-09 12:22 PM
    Anybody??

Last edited by bacon.jay; 06-23-09 at 10:11 PM.
    06-23-09 09:57 PM
    Very interested in the Feather case, but why does the Incipio logo have to be so big? They should really consider changing it from the text logo to their simple 'square bulleye' logo.
    06-23-09 10:05 PM
    Anybody??

It does add some bulk, but the truth is that for me it makes the phone fit perfectly in my hands, where before it seemed just a tiny bit too small to feel comfortable. Thickness wise I suspect it adds about 4 mm of thickness and probably the same for width and length.

For the amazing protection you get it's worth it. Oh, and if you get the white and black one, you can put the white silicone on and then put on the black acrylic piece to equal a REALLY sharp looking phone.

Edit: 4 mm of thickness TOTAL, as in, the case is probably about 2 mm thick all around. The nice part is that is basically makes the screen "recessed" because the silicone part sort of creates a wall all around the front, thus if you drop it on a flat surface it WILL NOT let anything contact the screen.
    Last edited by .MgB.; 06-24-09 at 07:21 AM.
    06-24-09 07:19 AM
    I like how on the Storm the incipio feather case covers all of the chrome trim. If the Tour case is like the 8900 case and only covers part of the chrome it will be a no-go......
    06-24-09 08:47 AM
    ^ Agreed.

10char
    06-24-09 10:16 AM
    I e-mailed Incipio after ordering my Tour and got this back:

Hello Krystal-

Thank you for your inquiry. We will indeed be coming out with cases for the new BlackBerry Tour! Our dermaSHOT silicone case will be available in approximately two weeks and our Feather and SILICRYLIC cases will follow next month! If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact us.

received it yesterday so there's a timeframe for you guys!
    07-15-09 09:03 AM
    awesome! I'll be holding out for their cases to come out then. Hopefully the phantom-skin will suffice for the time being.
    07-22-09 04:32 PM
    Looking forward to the Feather case. I emailed them asking them to remove the big INCIPIO logo that they often put on the back of all their cases. Instead, I suggested replacing it with just their graphic "square bullseye" logo which is a bit more tolerable to look at. You all should email them asking them to do the same, and maybe they will listen.
    07-22-09 06:19 PM
    I emailed Incipio today for an update and this was the response i got:

Thank you for your email. We will be coming out with a dermaSHOT,
    SILICRYLIC, and Feather case for the BlackBerry Tour. The dermaSHOT will
    be available in approximately 2 weeks followed by the SILICRYLIC and
    Feather later in August. If you would like we could add you to our
    notification list and you will be notified as soon as the cases are
    available. If you are interested in being notified, please let us know
    which case(s) you are interested in (Feather, SILICRYLIC, or dermaSHOT)
    and we will add you to our notification list for that product. We look
    forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service Team
    Incipio Technologies
    800-733-0088
    support@incipiotech.com

Looks like a similar email from a few weeks back but hopefully they are making some headway.
    07-27-09 01:29 PM
    Why? I have a white Feather and a white Silicrylic, both are fine after about 4 or 5 months.
    nah not for me i had a white feather case foe my storm and after 4days it was light blue so yea white=waste of money
    07-27-09 02:02 PM
    ugh i can't wait. i love my feather case on my 3GS
    07-27-09 02:46 PM
    I'm ready for these cases to come out.
    07-27-09 02:59 PM
    The dermaSHOT case is available now for the Tour. Anyone know how this case compares to the other gel skins out? (thickness, lint catcher, etc?). I think this one looks pretty good. Anyone with experience with the dermaSHOT vs the other two (Feather, SILICRYLIC)? I read in another thread that the Feather was hard to remove from the Storm and developed cracks?

I think this one looks pretty good on the Tour:

Cases and Accessories - dermaSHOT Silicone Case for BlackBerry Tour 9630 - Dark Blue
    08-04-09 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD