Can users share experience with the Impatica ShowMate?

Does it *really* work? I mean with professional level reliability.

(The $250 price tag is not a problem, as the alternative is a laptop for 3 times this price.)

Here is the context: I'm a pretty high-level computer use. I have my own company, so I work heavily from my office, with a high-end Desktop PC.

I gave my mac to my daughter, which didn't really work for me, because I need Windows for various applications.

Now, I need to travel for business development, training, presentations, and short-courses, and I need mobile presentation capability. This must be absolutely reliable. I can't get to the business partner site wondering if my ShowMate will really work today.

My basic training deck is about 3Megs. And, I'd like to be able to carry, say, three versions, for say 10Megs.

Some computing capability would be nice, wireless connecting to my desktop at the office. But, the real driver is to be able to make presentations flawlessly.

So, that's the question: Does Impatica ShowMate (or similar product) deliver presentation performance and reliability at the same level as a laptop?

Much appreciated, and my apologies if I'm not following posting protocol.

michael
    01-01-10 12:40 PM
    Can users share experience with the Impatica ShowMate?

Does it *really* work? I mean with professional level reliability.

(The $250 price tag is not a problem, as the alternative is a laptop for 3 times this price.)

Here is the context: I'm a pretty high-level computer use. I have my own company, so I work heavily from my office, with a high-end Desktop PC.

I gave my mac to my daughter, which didn't really work for me, because I need Windows for various applications.

Now, I need to travel for business development, training, presentations, and short-courses, and I need mobile presentation capability. This must be absolutely reliable. I can't get to the business partner site wondering if my ShowMate will really work today.

My basic training deck is about 3Megs. And, I'd like to be able to carry, say, three versions, for say 10Megs.

Some computing capability would be nice, wireless connecting to my desktop at the office. But, the real driver is to be able to make presentations flawlessly.

So, that's the question: Does Impatica ShowMate (or similar product) deliver presentation performance and reliability at the same level as a laptop?

Much appreciated, and my apologies if I'm not following posting protocol.

michael
    I must admit, I have no experience with this product, and browsed the thread out of pure curiosity.
    BUT, if it were my decision, I would go with a laptop based on :
    1) 3 times the price, but the laptop is capable of soooo much more than simply doing a slide show presentation

2) Creating and/or editing powerpoint, excel, and word, all on a screen that is smaller than a business card, or the size of a piece of paper.
    01-01-10 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD